February 16th - Second trailer for MP3

SARDYNA108

When do you think second trailer for GTA V will be released?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think second trailer for GTA V will be released?

• Before Max Payne 3 release
    • After Max Payne 3 release

After MP3 I think GTAV Trailer 2 will come immediately.

How immediately? Anything less than a month will take the focus off Max Payne 3 at the exact time it needs all the focus it can get, wouldn't it?

The first L.A. Noire trailer came out 16 days after the release of RDR Undead Nightmare (which was a standalone disc in stores in addition to being DLC).

Rockstar can move on very quickly if the next release is close enough in the pipeline. If you haven't bought a game that's been on the shelf for two weeks, they're not going to avoid talking about their next game hoping you change your mind.

But Undead Nightmare was the last paid DLC, which I think would be a greater indicator of when V news will come out - after the last paid MP3 DLC - depending on what the Max Payne DLC ends up being. If it's just weapons and multiplayer modes, you might be right, since that stuff is marketed at the hardcore fanbase generally, and they'll buy whatever happens.

Rockstar tweeted in February 2010 that L.A. Noire was coming that fall. If it hadn't been delayed L.A. Noire would have been coming out around the same time as Undead Nightmare. Similarly, Max Payne 3 was originally planned for release in fall 2009 (hard to believe) which would have been around the same time as GTA EFLC. Delays happened to spread things out but only because the games weren't ready not to give other products more time on the front page. In an industry where unwanted delays are expected they have to seize opportunity when something's actually ready. Bully: Scholarship Edition and GTA IV shipped within weeks of each other because that's when they got done.

HydraulicWaRiOr

If they released a GTA trailer to hype up the first Max Payne trailer, why not release a second GTA trailer to hype up the second Max Payne trailer if it fails?

[OBEY]

5 months from November is March

no, it's April.

Yep, Five months from November 2nd, is April 2nd.

November - 1

December - 2

January - 3

February - 4

March - 5

Actually you would start counting from December. Nov 2 to Dec 2 = 1 month.

If they released a GTA trailer to hype up the first Max Payne trailer, why not release a second GTA trailer to hype up the second Max Payne trailer if it fails?

[OBEY]

When R* showed the first GTA V trailer, that brought about many peoples attention to MP3, and anyone who's interested with it probaly started following it and already know of MP3 trailer 2. And since the VAST majority of people who are planning to watch the GTA V 2nd trailer already watched the first, that tactic wouldn't work. That and the whole bit of people worried about GTA V drawing attention away from MP3, which would then make your idea just plain counter-productive.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, my bad.

5 months from November is March

no, it's April.

Yep, Five months from November 2nd, is April 2nd.

November - 1

December - 2

January - 3

February - 4

March - 5

Actually you would start counting from December. Nov 2 to Dec 2 = 1 month.

Lol, there's really no point in arguing about this, we're both saying the same thing.

November was the first month. March is the fifth month, April would be the sixth if it Trailer2 came out in june. tounge.gif

New MP3 trailer = More RAGE/Euphoria goodness.

How can GTA V fans complain?

Because a lot of members on here and non members who lurk on this forum are:

Not adults, know nothing about other games, or are adults who are un employed and have way to much time on their hands and live a very sorry & un eventful life.

Edited by kb24sd

Lol @ the people who believes Rockstar is following a formula for trailer releases.

orbitalraindrops

Sorry but who is this brazilian twitter guy your'e going on about. Wouldn't he most likely just be a troll?.

The Nefarious

Rockstar said "expect that we'll be talking much more about GTAV starting at some point in a few months’ time"

Nobody really expected the first trailer to come in November so by that logic we could get info anytime. The most likely scenario is that the promotional campaign for V will start after MP3 is released worldwide (18th of May). They're not gonna come out with info straight after the release because they will give time to let the initial buzz around Max die down so that takes us up to June. With over 3 months to fill before Max Payne comes out though a second trailer in the next few months is a possibility.

We gotta wait a really long long time before R* start to even talk about it for now i suggest clearing your mind of GTAV think about the beauty of Max payne 3 biggrin.gifbored.gifcryani.gifsuicidal.gif

I added a poll, I think they will release the trailer before MP3 release to get more attention on MP3

They said they will talk and maybe even release some info about GTA V in a few months! So maybe we will see a 2nd trailer before Max Payne 3.. But i have a feeling that wont happen. sad.gif so i voted for " After Max Payne 3 release "

Edited by Gtaghost22

An April release of the second trailer would be very plausible in my opinion. Firstly, it's because it would fit what R*'s statement about new info coming in " a few months ", and secondly, because the pre-order deadline for Max Payne 3 is in April, so it wouldn't affect their Max Payne sales that bad, if it really would. Yes, it would be pretty close to Max Payne's release, but there would still be a gap greater than a month between the two ( GTA V trailer #2 release and Max Payne 3 release ).

Well if anything new from GTAV before Max Payne 3 release in May/June, then some new screenshots/artworks and/or magazine exclusive previews (gameinformer with their cover reveal maybe). Also some little details could be possible.

Of course a second trailer would be the best, but it's rather unlikely.. I mean, it's not R* style to release another trailer after the first trailer without some new, other information between them. As said: screenshots, interviews, previews etc..

The Feb. 16, 2012 trailer was all just cutscenes and no actual gameplay. There wasn't anything we haven't already seen a thousand times before. Disappointing.

The Feb. 16, 2012 trailer was all just cutscenes and no actual gameplay. There wasn't anything we haven't already seen a thousand times before. Disappointing.

It was still a 2nd trailer.. sarcasm.gif

Would you have said the same thing if they showed just cutscenes for a 2nd GTAV trailer, hmm?

A mod once responded to one of my posts not too long ago about a 2nd V trailer and he had a point.

He said that he didn't think we'd see a new trailer until there's a magazine blowout of information, which makes complete sense.

I don't think there's ever been a GTA that hasn't had a magazine cover before a 2nd trailer.

I'm saying that maybe we should be expecting some magazine information before a new trailer.

Sunrise Driver

Because it's a TRAILER, not gameplay series video? Dig now?

I actually prefer cinematic action trailer because I can see gameplay when I'll be playing.

Some info on E3,and trailer after MP3 last payed DLC.But in case of MP3 it will probably be some map packs,so it could be sooner.

Hope we get a trailer in april. You never know this 5 month trailer thing for MP3 might play out with V.

A trailer in April?

5 seconds with a V logo and a "April Fools" pops up.

A comment saying "Stay tuned for further info in the coming months!"

At this point, the reaction is similar to the stock market crashing cryani.giframpage_ani.gifsuicidal.gif

I added a poll, I think they will release the trailer before MP3 release to get more attention on MP3

That will actually have the opposite effect. It makes no sense to release a GTAV trailer during a promotional period for another game. On a side note, MP3 looks fantastic! Can't wait!

Isn't that what the design and technology series was for? To show off the gameplay?

Anyway wow. MP3 looks more and more enticing. Can't actually believe people think it's going to be sh*t.

Yes, that trailer was awesome, the Max Payne 3 one. I am so glad I pre-ordered it!

I am pretty sure the next trailer for GTA V will be released after MP 3.

caprisig.jpg

I think they will release Max Payne 3, then after a couple weeks, once the initial massive rush to get the game has died down, they will release the second GTA V trailer

This will have 2 effects

1. Create more excitement for GTA V and get the rumour mill working overtime again

2. Have a side effect of "reminding" people of RockStar's other game Max Payne, thus giving it a potential boost in sales

So trailer 2 ~6months after debut trailer

Trailer 3 ~3months later

Final Trailer ~3months later and few weeks before game release in November biggrin.gif

I'm not holding my breathe for a trailer before MP3. I think that mid next month we might get some screenshots or something like that to increase the traffic on R* website.

I didnt feel it was important enough to start a whole new topic about this so here it goes:

I am torn whether or not to buy Max Payne 3. On the plus side I think the game looks great based on these two trailers and I am really desperate to play a new game, particularly a Rockstar game. However, the only drawback I have on buying the game is the sales. I am afraid that if the game sells to well, it will push back a Gta V release and the last thing I want is for Gta V to release in 2013 and follow the same trend of Rockstar putting out games in the spring each year. So please, fellow members, help me make my decision.

Cheers!

I didnt feel it was important enough to start a whole new topic about this so here it goes:

I am torn whether or not to buy Max Payne 3. On the plus side I think the game looks great based on these two trailers and I am really desperate to play a new game, particularly a Rockstar game. However, the only drawback I have on buying the game is the sales. I am afraid that if the game sells to well, it will push back a Gta V release and the last thing I want is for Gta V to release in 2013 and follow the same trend of Rockstar putting out games in the spring each year. So please, fellow members, help me make my decision.

Cheers!

No offense, but are you serious? If you want to buy MP3 just buy it.

I really don't know why MP3 selling so well would push back GTA V. GTA V wont come out before October 2012.

That's a good 5 months between the two and October is likely to be the earliest it will come out.

Don't be afraid. If you want MP3 because it looks interesting just buy it.

Cheers!

No offense, but are you serious? If you want to buy MP3 just buy it.

I really don't know why MP3 selling so well would push back GTA V. GTA V wont come out before October 2012.

That's a good 5 months between the two and October is likely to be the earliest it will come out.

Don't be afraid. If you want MP3 because it looks interesting just buy it.

Thank you for your response, no offense taken.

Take-Two wanted to earn a net-income of $2 per share in fiscal 2013 so I am afraid that if MP3 sells well then Take-Two can reach this without even releasing Gta V if you also consider the amount of other games Take-Two is releasing in fiscal 2013. Thats why, I'll buy

Max Panye 3.

The Feb. 16, 2012 trailer was all just cutscenes and no actual gameplay.  There wasn't anything we haven't already seen a thousand times before.  Disappointing.

Isn't that what the design and technology series was for? To show off the gameplay?

Anyway wow. MP3 looks more and more enticing. Can't actually believe people think it's going to be sh*t.

Well the second trailer was very good (I didnt like the first trailer) but MP3 is definitely not a kind of games I like to play