taking territory for a mission

sniper1236

Hello , i have been doing the bit of san andreas where you have to take over gangs to get to the next mission , is it possible you could tell me where gang people are so i can start taking over there territory ?

All im asking is where do they hang out mostly, like in cars or on streets

Well, there are two types of gang members, depending where you are. If you look at the radar or map, and find yourself in a Yellow zone, there you should see this gang members that are clothed close to yellow, who are called Vagos. If you find yourself in a purple zone, you should see gang members named as Ballas in those colors. Here are two pictures of both kind of gang members. First on left are some Vagos and on right you can see Ballas.

VAGOS
BALLAS
user posted image user posted image

They usually walk on the streets in the hoods they represent. You need to kill 3 gang members to start a gang war. They also can be found in cars, but it's easier to start a gang war when they're all in the same place. You'll need high weapon skills, full armor and full life bar if you want to do a long take-over. Good luck. icon14.gif

Dead (Retired)

I'll add...

After you shot the 3 gang members the announcement of the gang war will appear on the screen and the zone will flash red.

Killing them too quickly may not start the war.

CJ must be on foot.

The gangsters must be in the zone you are in or must be Sniped from the zone you are in with the Sniper-Rifle.

You can start a war by kill them while they are in vehicles.

However, If an attempt to take back a previously taken zone is in effect (you will get a brief warning and can see the zone flashing red on the map) you will see lots of gangsters BUT you won't be able to start a war until that take over is squashed.

1. by Saving the game.

2. by starting a sub-mission like Taxi, firefighting, or vigilante, etc. (Which you can cancell immediately without problem.)

3. Going to that zone and fighting the gamgsters.

Anyway to hide myself i just tried taking a place with a bridge and i couldnt shoot through the fence bit, like the bit that stops you from falling off the bridge

Tactics:

• Take the high ground (get on roofs).

• Stand behind objects, low hedges and walls. Cars too but be careful they might explode.

• Fireproof CJ. Toss Molotov Cocktail into group. Take three steps forward and toss another. take three steps forward and toss another. Use the M4 to mop up any that are left.

• Best weapons: M4 Rifle, Molotov Cocktails, Missile Launcher, Desert Eagle.

• At street level, Stand at the extreme end of the zone. Use M4 to shoot at them as they approach.

• Try to stand so they will approach like ducks in a line.

• Don't use 'cute' weapons like shotguns, pistols other than Desert Eagle, they take too long to reload and have limited range. Grenades/Demo Charges are too dangerous to CJ. Gas Grenades simply don't work.

• To reload quickly change to another weapon and back again.

• Watch the Radar to see the enemy approach. Learn their patterns in the various territories.

• During the 'break' after clearning a wave face CJ away from the direction you want them to come from. This may help to funnel them. Watch the Radar.

• Use Missile Launcher (if you have one) to shoot foes behind walls/hedges.

• Use Molotov Cocktails on bridge decks and walls to burn foe's on the otherside. Fire goes through walls, floors and bridge decks.

that's a start. Learn by doing.

I like to stand in the street to one side at the extreme end of the zone, but it did take a while to learn the ins and outs listed above. I only use the roofs in two zones now.

Edited by lil weasel

I will add one more thing. If you have a minigun with having considerable amount of ammo, you can finish a gang war in a matter of seconds. Minigun is the best overall gun with destroying anything in no time. It has a large range and only second to sniper rifle's range. Only disadvantage is you can't crotch or jump with it. But it is not a big case with comparing to its firepower. I finished any gang war before 30 seconds with Minigun.

Drawback to minigun is that it isn't available until the return to LS. and it doesn't take out foes behind hedges, walls, and fences. It also requires a bit of skill to use (aiming & sweeping).

Or just use a bulletproof vehicle. Like Walton from Madd Dogg, or Tahoma from House Party.

Or just use a bulletproof vehicle. Like Walton from Madd Dogg, or Tahoma from House Party.

Using bulletproof vehicles also gives 100% safety to CJ. But it takes some time to finish a gang war. Also there is a high danger to flip that bulletproof vehicle if you use it to run over more enemies close. It happened to me once. So if you use a bulletproof vehicle, use it to drive by enemy rather than running them over. However, it is still not better than using a minigun.

Lil Weasel:

If enemies use foes or fences to hide, then we can run with molotovs towards them and throw one of molotov towards whole bunch. But in my experience, they rarely do it. They always come along open road. Also I said to do gang wars after CJ comes back to LS. AT this time, we have completed Vertical Bird. So we can get an almost unlimited ammo minigun from Toreno's hideout by saving there with collecting 500 minigun ammo lots of time. Anytime we are running out of ammo, we can redo that process to refill minigun ammo. For me, you don't need ny skill to handle minigun. Just targeting from long range and firing, will always destroy anything in a matter of seconds. Also we can use a minigun for end of the line mission for killing Smoke in no time and then escaping bulding before it explodes.

They don't 'hide' behind the fences/hedges. They get trapped. The Game Engine allows the route to lead them into blind areas from which they can't extracate themselves no matter how long you wait. Often these zones are beyond the distance CJ is allowed to get close enough to throw the MCs before the 'Get Back to the War Zone' message appears.