How do i fly a hydra

sniper1236

Hello , i need help with configuring my settings to suit me when flying a hydra jet, whenever i fly the jet it goes too fast or loses control and then i crash, im stuck on the mission where you have to take out the planes and boats, can someone give me a direction of how to land take off and fly the jet

Thanks

Ben ^^ biggrin.gif

The game will tell you how to adjust the thrusters (which keys to use) so that you can fly the Hydra like a jet (thrusters horizontal) or like a helicopter (with thrusters pointing down).

Some players like to fly it like a helicopter, fly under the bridges & wait for the pursuing jets to crash. Then fly to where the boats are & destroy them while still in helicopter mode.

well i just did the mission and i got to the bit in the hangar and all i could do was go up and down, anyway to make it just go forward?

I suggest you use the cheat JUMPJET to practice flying. BUT DON"T save when you finish.

Notice the propellers at both sides of the Hydra. When those are vertical, means that the Hydra only goes up and down. To set them to go forward and backward, just keep pressed Numpad 8 until they'll be fully horizontal. To get them back to up and down, keep pressing Numpad 2.

Dead (Retired)

Keep pressing Numpad 8 until the propeller is completely horizontal. Then drive it like a car into the hangar.

Dead (Retired)

Hydra is the fastest plane while in the jet mode and it is the slowest helicopter in helicopter mode. I personally like jet mode because it handles well and when you come into difficult paths and landing, its helicopter mode helps since landing helicopter is much easier than a plane. It might be the only plane which can land safely to anywhere on land without using parachutes.

Don't double post. Use the EDIT button to add/change/delete text in an unanswered post.

To stop the jet quickly Exit the hydra.

It seems like trying to fly the Hydra is like trying to fly the Dodo in III-lol tounge2.gif

I have been playing this game since 2005, and still have not figured out how to fly the Hydra...I even tried using the Chain Game debug save(which has a Hydra spawn in front of you) to practice, and it goes up and down just fine, but when trying to fly forward it always crashes within a few seconds....This is a pain to try to fly? confused.gif

When shifting to forward flight try to have the nose elevated, as it has a tendency to drop for a second when the thrusters (forward) engage.

The view of the Jet will 'stagger' when changing to forward/hover thrusts as a visual clue to engagement.

Rolling on the ground is best done in forward mode.

Hover mode makes the movement on the ground unstable.

Quick stop when rolling on the ground is best done by exiting the jet.