DRIVE 2011 and GTAV 2012?

etheris

Since Drive 2011 (the movie) and GTAV 2012 will both take place in the same city, and the V map is expected to be much larger in scale than GTAIV, will we be able to reenact some parts of the movie? I wish GTAV graphics will be as theatrical as the night scenes in said movie.

Will the graphics be able to scale and take full advantage of the newest graphics cards and also the coming 22nm 3D tri-gate architecture Intel Ivy Bridge processors expected to arrive in early April? I would love to have this on a gaming PC and everything maxed out... I'm expecting better than Crysis graphics and full 1080p and beyond, to take advantage of widescreen 30in monitor displays. Hopefully unlike GTAIV this won't be another port from Xbox360 to PC, and this time around the structural design of the game won't be limited and constrained by the now outdated 360 architecture.

Also... will GTAV have more realistic driving dynamics? If this will come out on PC it should be 64-bit, DirectX11 and fully Win7 compatible. It must natively support multi-core and mult-processors. Maybe student driving schools will license GTAV and use it as driving simulator for aspiring teen drivers? This is not so far fetched if you consider that Microsoft sold its FSX source code to Lockheed Martin and now the government defense contractor is using the FSX code to create real world simulations in its Prepar3D applications.

This is supposed to be modern day version of GTA taking place in the present, so will we have hybrid-electric cars? The new 2012 Prius is a plug-in as well as can run on gas. What about Electronic-stability-control, Lane-Keep-Assist and Adaptive-Cruise-Control? Will car dynamics be functionally emulated at the component level? How about being able to "mod" our cars in-game on-the-fly without having to exit the game? This will truly make it an embodied emulated virtual world-within-a-world. Will some cars have voice recognition technology, what about drive-by-wire augmented driving systems or autonomous self-driving cars like the Audi A8? I'd like a dynamic HUD Heads Up Display in my car please.

Will the ICON A5 make its debut in GTAV? The amphibious light-sport aircraft will make its debut in Microsoft FLIGHT 2012 on the virtual island of Hawaii (to be release on the 29th of this month) but IMHO GTAV "Los Angeles" KLAX would be the perfect platform and ideal environment to fly this Honda-on-Wings... I hope Los Angeles international airport will have fully functional Air Traffic Control, Instrument Landing Systems, VOR/DME/VASI/PAPI/etc, and all that.

Since MSFT canned ACES and with FLIGHT taking a no-SDK approach, this is a perfect opportunity for R* to jump on the developer platform bandwagon and woo quality third party developers such as PMDG and get them to create new wide body heavy airline transport aircraft or port over the PMDG 737NGX to the GTAV platform. I hope V won't be a Games for Windows Live when it comes out... hopefully it will have its own online marketplace.

I am so exciting for this game. I hope it lives up to all our expectations and ideals.

Edited by etheris

That was such a brilliant film.

I couldn't help but be reminded of Vice City with that pink text!

senor_huevos_benedicto

Is that the film with Christina Hendricks?

Yep! inlove.gif

Edited by Nigel xD

senor_huevos_benedicto

Yep! inlove.gif

Then I must watch it...

Drive was the best movie of last year and probably the closest movie to resemble a gta game. Once I get the game, I will be acting like Rygos in Drive! inlove.gif

Drive was the best movie of last year and probably the closest movie to resemble a gta game. Once I get the game, I will be acting like Rygos in Drive! inlove.gif

It has all the variables! Los Santos, Vice City font, and a guy who doesn't talk (kind of).

Snake Without a Tongue

Drive was amazing. Ten minutes in I decided I never want to see a GTA movie because Drive pretty much nailed it. No way were the filmmakers unaware of the parallels.

That being said, no, I doubt V will borrow from the movie.

Edit: I didn't really read the OP too closely. Yes, there might be some modern... stuff in V like there was Drive.

Edited by Snake Without a Tongue

I would love to have getaway driver side missions set up like the movie.

user posted image

I would love to have getaway driver side missions set up like the movie.

I agree, getaway side missions (ala "Drive" or "The Driver") would be a good thing to have in GTA V. As in the TBOGT Drug Wars side missions, getaway missions would be a good way to get some a replayable action and make some additional money.

In my opinon, the movie Drive had a good concept and some good scenes and visuals; however, I thought it was kind of a ham-handed homage to previous movies like Taxi Driver and Bullitt. I think the move was made intentionally as a cult-art film that succeeded wildly in its goal of getting many of the snooty, pretentious movie critics to fawn over it and jack it up to main feature status. It was not all that orginal.

There are some very catchy songs in Drive. Would Kick Ass if R* did the right thing...

an unforgettable song from the film.

Johnny Playert

Wow, reading all your webgasms about this film i think i should check it out too icon14.gif

Noticed this too.

But I also thought it was the closest thing to a GTA movie all round.

Noticed this too.

But I also thought it was the closest thing to a GTA movie all round.

I think the film makers knew they were referencing GTA with the film.

They had to!

Hey, no SPOILERS.

Didn't see the film, but again, don't expect a complete CALIFORNIA facsimile, it's just not likely that GTA's LS and countryside will be as big a replicated map as all of California, or at this point, I'd say LV and SF won't appear as we have known them

Is The Driver the film I'm thinking about? Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern? 1978?

I bought it on VHS in the JUMBO packaging, a relic of years past! haha

Edited by Slamman

While the plot was subpar and average at best, it was what the director could do, and the way the story was presented that made the film stand out. It was one of the rare occasions where glitz and shine overpowered a typical story.

Is The Driver the film I'm thinking about? Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern? 1978?

I bought it on VHS in the JUMBO packaging, a relic of years past! haha

Seeing that trailer of the Driver that you included, it makes me realize that Michael Mann's "Heat" with De Niro and Pacino was an upsized version of the driver - a manufactured conflict between the professional outlaw and the determined detective. I think both of those movies were great and provide obvious context for GTA V.

Didn't read the whole thread. But that movie was rad.

Definitely had GTA in mind after watching it.

I doubt there would be any references but there could/should be some similarities..

Fingers crossed we can do stunt driving for films as a side activity in GTA V smile.gif

DRIVE = BEST FILM in past few years, IN MY OPINION. Whoever says otherwise is a nob and can get back to their digimon movie or whatever kids watch these days. Fair enough the story is simple but, although not a big script, the acting was great, directing was great, soundtrack awesome! I've got kavinsky on my mp3 lol and I love the unpredictable violence. Any true gta fan should become a drive fan and SEE IT! On topic, in gta4 I try reenact the getaway scene sometimes with the police like when I just get out the search area I park up and sit there and watch how the cops are re approaching my position. Very intense smile.gif