[REQUEST]Blank Map IPL - land only + gta.dat

ormsondo

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a huge mod (Shadow Moses).

and i can't figure out how to delete the objects. I understand how to delete them one by one, but this takes too long and i know there is a much faster way of doing this.

So if anyone has a land-only (no buildings, boxes etc., no objects besides the land) version of any .ipl (SFse.ipl, SFe.ipl ETC)

that would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!! biggrin.gif

Yellow.Jacket

I think I know what you mean, you want just the streets and grass, parks, etc. but no buildings. I think the only way to get it is by deleting the buildings one by one. I could be wrong of course, but I think the lines that correspond to land and those for buildings are all mixed up in the .ipl s and it would be hard to remove only the buildings.

In GTA3, buildings and roads were made to be placed exactly as they are in the game. It was hard to move them around and place them in different places because the sizes and shapes were made to fit some exact spot between the roads and land and stuff. I'm guessing San Andreas is better for this, since there are a lot more objects, roads, etc.

I'm planning on doing a total conversion too turn.gif but what I'm gonna try to do is completely remove the map and start building another one from scratch using the game's objects. And take care of paths and codes later.

Anyway, sorry for not being too helpful!! tounge.gif Best of luck with your project, and everything!!!! lol.gificon14.gif

I think I know what you mean, you want just the streets and grass, parks, etc. but no buildings. I think the only way to get it is by deleting the buildings one by one. I could be wrong of course, but I think the lines that correspond to land and those for buildings are all mixed up in the .ipl s and it would be hard to remove only the buildings.

In GTA3, buildings and roads were made to be placed exactly as they are in the game. It was hard to move them around and place them in different places because the sizes and shapes were made to fit some exact spot between the roads and land and stuff. I'm guessing San Andreas is better for this, since there are a lot more objects, roads, etc.

I'm planning on doing a total conversion too turn.gif but what I'm gonna try to do is completely remove the map and start building another one from scratch using the game's objects. And take care of paths and codes later.

Anyway, sorry for not being too helpful!! tounge.gif Best of luck with your project, and everything!!!! lol.gificon14.gif

thx smile.gif i'll try doing that as well ! tounge.gif

Actually GTAIII's has a bunch of roads+junctions+corners that all match and have the same size+shape so they all fit together perfectly (in the generic.ide), also GTAIII has a bunch of custom shaped roads (outside of the generic.ide) which aren't uniformly shaped and are designed for one specific place, just like you were saying.

GTASA on the other hand only has exact specific spot roads and they are all custom shaped to fit in with the land around the roads without having the matching shape that GTAIII's generic.ide roads have.

You could port III's generic roads to SA then use those to make your roads+junctions+corners and it would snap together %100 but SA's roads won't snap together %100.

Edited by Frank.s