Increase amount of police spawn

FryingDutchPan

FryingDutchPan

Hi there,

is there a way to increase the amount of police spawning when I get wanted? Or alternatively increase the amount of patroling officers (either in a (choosen, like Noose-Patriots only) car or per foot), something like the taxiglitch when installing hires vehicles, but forced and with policevehicles instead of taxis?

I want to know how it is to be the only criminal in Cop-City (tounge2.gif).

Greetings!

If you're not looking to do any scripting, you can alter the popcycle file.

#Peds #Scenario #Cars #prkdcrs PercCopCars PercCopPed0     0        0     25          12          15

and fill the rest of the lines with zeros across the "Harl Bronx Jersy Uptwn Queen ETC." That will make all cop cars and cops on feet if i recall correctly. That's the simple way, it just takes time to alter the file. Make a backup first before you alter it.

FryingDutchPan

Ah, thanks!

Looks like a lot of work, is there a editor which can change the necessary lines at once? If I'll do it by hand I think it's faster to write a little programme on my own smile.gif.

Edit: Ok, I used search&replace in Notepad++ and now's the city full of police, but, if I get wanted-stars the policeamount starts shrinking until it is normal. Is there a way to fix this, like the number of active police while wanted?

Edited by FryingDutchPan

okay, maybe try this?

#Peds #Scenario #Cars #prkdcrs PercCopCars PercCopPed20     0        20     25          100          100

Maybe the "Perc" in "PercCopPed" means Percentage?

I also think that the game, by default, starts reducing standard pedestrian density the more wanted stars you get and just sends the cops / NOOSE/ FBI after you.

What's nice is you can keep a backup of the file you already altered and experiment on it by simply replacing all the lines like you did previously.

FryingDutchPan

Yes, it's the percentage, I changed it to 100, so every car/ped is now a cop.

This is what it looks like after you ditch a copcar (and maybe shooting around or so):

user posted image

But after driving some time around while wanted, the copamount gets reduced to normal while default traffic kicks in.