Mercenaries 3

Ex Hellraiser

Ex Hellraiser

I really liked Mercs 2, and I still play it (at least, I would if it worked cryani.gif). I thought it was great, like GTA with airstrikes. Yes, it was very arcadey, like JC2, and the map was very large. But it was a great game nonetheless. I personally want a Mercs 3, and when I heard of Mercs. Inc. and then heard of Pandemic going under, I was like inlove.gif, but it soon turned to cryani.gif. What do you guys think?

Snake Without a Tongue

Mercs 1 was awesome. I played it more than any other game I owned on the PS2.

Mercs 2 was broken as hell. Rushed out and only playable with cheats. None of the fun from the first game was there. Another casualty of EA.

Mercs 3 would be awesome, but Pandemic is dead and gone. Another casualty of EA.

Pandemic is gone,so it wouldn't be the same.EA try to make some MP-only game but they give up even on that:

Who knows,maybe in the future someone buys rights for Mercenaries and Saboteur and release new sequels,but for now not much chance.

Mercenaries 2 was the most rushed, buggy, un-polished game I have ever played... but I loved it.

I played this game a while back and then bought it a few days ago Before i seen this topic), I love it and would love a sequel.

@OP: What do you mean it don't work, is it freezing at the menu? if so its a coming problem and a way to fix it is starting up your campaign game without being connected to LIVE (or PSN) then you can plug your ethernet cable (or whatever) and then you can play your game but still talk to friends etc.

A permanent way to fix (or so i heard) is getting an old EA game (around same time of release, such as mirrors edge) and then accpeting the EA terms and conditions and then you should be able to play mercs without the freeze (and even play online).

Mercenaries 2 was the most rushed, buggy, un-polished game I have ever played... but I loved it.

Agreed. I even spent the few extra dollars and got the Obama DLC. Best DLC ever.

Ex Hellraiser

Agreed. I even spent the few extra dollars and got the Obama DLC. Best DLC ever.

This. I loved it despite the drawbacks. Most of them were actually really funny, and kept me playing.

@Senax, I will try doing that. It freezes every time I go to the menu at startup. It's very annoying

Snake Without a Tongue
My biggest issue with Mercs 2 is the AI. The first one was epic. It's a shame about Pandemic.

In the first one it was really cool to get an NPC to take mounted gun duty while driving. And you could determine enemy proximity by their dialogue. In Mercs 2 they just ran around dumb, repeating all their recorded lines out of context. Such a let down.

I really liked Mercenaries 1 I played it for hours back in the day (like 6 years ago) I really liked the layout and open world feeling it had. I also really liked the cards layout. (how you could kill or arrest each person and how it marked them off.) I bought the 2nd one when it first came out and was extremely excited but I only played it for around an hour as I really didn't like it. I think if there was a 3rd one and it was like the 1st but with modern graphics and interface it would have a shot at game of the year easily. Unfortunately that 9.5 /10 will never happen thanks to EA. But if there ever was a 3rd I would try it out.