Police cars should look like this.

trufan1

Every detail should be crafted, this includes moving light bars and flashing strobes.

user posted image

This is the CHP's Crown Victoria from 2011. The car should look like it's from 2011,.....not from 1992 or 2001....

Please no more of this. Floating lights make me think I'm playing a PSX game.

user posted image

If they fix the light bars, i wouldn't be too fussed on what car models they use.

I agree that lighting can be improved, but obviously not their top priority.

And why should the models be changed? The police cars in GTA4 are the police cars of the time in game, in real life, the represent older, late-90's models of the Crown Vic, and a newer model Impala, but that's what they are in the game. The Vapid police car in game is the Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor that we have in real life. It makes sense keeping the police cars they way the are to go with the flow of the game and the in game time period, so why should they change it now?

I couldn't really put into words what I'm trying to get at, but hopefully you can understand that. I mean that it keeps the flow of vehicle manufacturers and models of the time period going in game.

All I goddamn want is to put the lights on without the siren.

THAT'S ALL.

You can do that

here

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

THAT'S ALL.

You can do that

here

How about on consoles?

THAT'S ALL.

You can do that

here

Yeah I got that PM you sent me and that's a cool mod!

..but I play on PS3 cryani.gif

All you PC users get the cool sh*t.

While I agree that the lights need some work I don't really care that much, but people the more important thing is the actual cop car AI!

It was a joke in IV, the could not negotiate obstacles/turn corners/ pit the player/ overtake/ were blind and could barely keep up with an average car being driven at an average speed on the freeway!!!!

This needs to take priority over bloody lights I mean whats the point of having detailed cop cars if they can't perform their role for engaging in high speed pursuits??

And I've just finished driver SF which had cops that actually involved skillful driving/ risky speeds and dangerous stunts to lose them.

crown vic interceptors are being discontinued. not that it's a big deal BUT if they were going to be detailed about the game i think they should go with the current police units. such as the caprice, dodge, or camaro models.

Grand_Theft_Peanut

American police cars look pretty sh*t.. no offence i reckon the Aussie ones look so much tougher and more intimidating, they are tuned to catch up to u in seconds... I was never scared of a cop car in GTA.

Actually I believe Crown Vics are being discontinued and most Police cars around me are Dodge Chargers.

Same, we still have crown vics on the road but all new cop cars are Dodge Chargers.

The Ford plant that builds the crown vics is just a few miles outside of my city, and it closed a few months ago.

I want multiple types of police cars. The richer neighborhoods should have Chargers and the poor areas should have older Crown Vics.

izx6.jpg