Rockstar Dont Do External Beta Testing

llpalm08

I already gathered that Rockstar dont do external Beta testing but I thaught I would check with them to get 100% clarity and here is the response:

"Hey (llpalm08),

Thanks for the email. We highly recommend you avoid any links to websites that claim to host betas for our games, as just about all of them lead to viruses and scams. All of our testing is done in our offices.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

(I removed my name and replaced it with my username but other than that the email is 100% correct)

So do not get fooled by any bogus websites claiming to have GTA V beta's as all their testing is done in house and also you can instantly dissregard any people who "claim" to have played the beta test of the game and have apparently got info about GTA V because of it as Rockstar are very strict with their employees about info leaks.

Here is a deffinition of beta testing for those who dont know fully what it is:

"Beta testing comes after alpha testing and can be considered a form of external user acceptance testing. Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users."

So this probably means that Rockstar have a division who are just beta testers as it doesn't need to be released outside of the company as long as the people who beta test didnt have anything to do with the programming.

Makes sense, weren't they hiring beta testers possibly for GTA V? (I mean there was a post about it a while ago about hiring them)...

Offtopic: GTA V IS GONNA BE AWEEEESSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ontopic: People who believe those sites are f****** idiots! [not awesome]

Makes sense... Who was actually stupid enough to believe those scamming sites anyway!!??

Lots of people were stupid enough smile.gif They deserve it though, haha.