Faustin - Dimitri

Meekail

This is how i think the mission where you have to kill Faustin should go down. So you meet up with Dimitri at Firefly island and he asks you to kill Faustin for him right? well, when you are on your way to kill Faustin. Faustin will call you and ask you to kill Dimitri and then he will pay 18,000$. So you then have the option whether to kill Dimitri or Faustin. If you kill Faustin, the story would be longer and will be the same like the normal GTA IV story. And if you kill Dimitri, the story will be short with 76 missions. Then i dont know what happens after you kill Dimitri, but Faustin will help you on your way. The normal version of this mission is okay too. smile.gif

Why would it have to be longer or shorter?

If that were implemented in the game, i'm sure they'd make it so that particular sequence wouldn't have too much of a knock on effect through the rest of the game.

Why would it have to be longer or shorter?

If that were implemented in the game, i'm sure they'd make it so that particular sequence wouldn't have too much of a knock on effect through the rest of the game.

Agreed, it would actually suck to kill Dimitri and lose a quarter of the game.

Even if I like the idea of sparing Faustin, there would be no point in killing Dimitri in this part of the game.

Until the murder of Faustin, Dimitri appears to be your friend. You don't know about his betrayal or his connection to Bulgarin.

Also, Faustin wouldn't have a reason to kill Dimitri. He loves him (Faustin's words).

Even if I like the idea of sparing Faustin, there would be no point in killing Dimitri in this part of the game.

Until the murder of Faustin, Dimitri appears to be your friend. You don't know about his betrayal or his connection to Bulgarin.

Also, Faustin wouldn't have a reason to kill Dimitri. He loves him (Faustin's words).

That's right, dude. Dimitri's very friendly to Niko at the beginning of the storyline. If a "choice" is asken, I choose Mikhail to kill. Faustin seems Dimitri like a brother ( they're brothers for life ) but Faustin learns Dimitri's betrayal to him ( follow the scripts during "The Master And The Molotov", this can be understood ).

However I don't prefer a "choice" between Dimitri and Faustin. Cuz Faustin's death's very effective for storyline and his death makes the storyline better, after Bulgarin and Dimitri cooperation, Niko faces with Dimitri's betrayal. Story's better with "no choice" between Dimitri and Faustin.

Also if there's a choice, the storyline became shorter, for example if you choose Faustin to kill him, Dimitri accompanies you, so Irish - Pegorino - Ancelotti snitches probally cuts from storyline, in other verbs Chapter 2's last parts and Chapter 3 cuts, maybe Chapter 4.

"No choice" between two's cool because if there's a choice the story goes on different sides and I think the story would be so confused.

The idea sounds decent, but I think the game was better the way they decided to go with it.

By having to kill Faustin, you get the full effect of the Dimitri betrayal. Remember, up until then he had been your friend. I don't know who they would have put in place as a villain that would have been able to surpass Dimitri, because he was a brilliant character, in my opinion. It was that unassuming nature at the start of the game that I feel made him so great. Nobody really expect him to be the antagonist when we first met him.

Also, I think the death of Faustin ties in with how Dimitri talks about him. It's clear that he's gradually started to lose it, and he has gone out of control as time has passed. His death is the final nail in the coffin. It's a fitting end for him. I don't know how he would have been able to work with you until the end of the game with his state of mind.

The idea sounds decent, but I think the game was better the way they decided to go with it.

Remember, up until then he had been your friend. I don't know who they would have put in place as a villain that would have been able to surpass Dimitri, because he was a brilliant character, in my opinion. It was that unassuming nature at the start of the game that I feel made him so great. Nobody really expect him to be the antagonist when we first met him.

As soon as Dmitri asked to kill Mikhail, I knew Dmitri was a piece of sh*t, the one to kill. In every cutscene with Mikhail, you can see from his interaction that despite being violent etc, he still cared about Dmitri. I also noticed that Dmitri has been very manupalutive from the start, always talking to Niko about Faustin in a negative way (long winded plan to knock partner and have all to himself?). After hearing their backstory in the prison, and seeing Faustin maintain his "friend" at the top of his empire, the whole "kill Mikhail, cuz he is under pressure from Petrovic" sounded horsesh*t - Faustin was NOT the one to give a sh*t about pressure, Dmitri was!

On the side note, no one knows if the story would have been shorter or longer; but killing Mikhail made the original ending of destroying Dmitri that much more fulfilling. Still, lack of option in Mikhail's murder SUCKED, I liked him asa character and felt bad for him being betrayed, stabbed in the back. I rather see a better person live than have 5 missions longer of a story.

senor_huevos_benedicto

I think killing Faustin was too important for Niko to decide whether he should have done it or not.

Remember, up until then he had been your friend. I don't know who they would have put in place as a villain that would have been able to surpass Dimitri, because he was a brilliant character, in my opinion. It was that unassuming nature at the start of the game that I feel made him so great. Nobody really expect him to be the antagonist when we first met him.

As soon as Dmitri asked to kill Mikhail, I knew Dmitri was a piece of sh*t, the one to kill. In every cutscene with Mikhail, you can see from his interaction that despite being violent etc, he still cared about Dmitri. I also noticed that Dmitri has been very manupalutive from the start, always talking to Niko about Faustin in a negative way (long winded plan to knock partner and have all to himself?). After hearing their backstory in the prison, and seeing Faustin maintain his "friend" at the top of his empire, the whole "kill Mikhail, cuz he is under pressure from Petrovic" sounded horsesh*t - Faustin was NOT the one to give a sh*t about pressure, Dmitri was!

On the side note, no one knows if the story would have been shorter or longer; but killing Mikhail made the original ending of destroying Dmitri that much more fulfilling. Still, lack of option in Mikhail's murder SUCKED, I liked him asa character and felt bad for him being betrayed, stabbed in the back. I rather see a better person live than have 5 missions longer of a story.

I've got to admit that when I was playing the game, I never made much of it myself. I saw Faustin as the bad guy, and felt for Dimitri because I thought that he was being forced to get rid of a great friend of his. I never really saw Dimitri as a manipulative person at first. I saw him as more of a sensible, calculated criminal who didn't really like to take risks. I expected him to appear for a few missions, and then not have much more of an impact on the game.

When you arrive at the warehouse and start talking to him, you can see right away that something's up. That was a well done scene, as you gradually see what Dimitri's really like as it progresses.

MAN IN THE DARK

You don't see the irony do you ? Watch very carefully cutscene in "perestroika" club and you will see Kenny god damn Petrovich leaving tresspasing with dmitry with words "thank you for take care of that thing for me".

You don't see the irony do you ? Watch very carefully cutscene in "perestroika" club and you will see Kenny god damn Petrovich leaving tresspasing with dmitry with words "thank you for take care of that thing for me".

That's him? i didn't know that was him.

I hated Faustin and liked Dimitri!until that %#¨@& betrays me angry.gif