Rockstar Leeds working on "next PC games"

lh1

Hello guys,

According to here , Rockstar Leeds are currently looking for systems programmers for the PC platform.

The interesting quotes

Rockstar Leeds are currently looking for a talented systems level programmer to help bring the latest titles to the PC platform

Work within a team of skilled developers on genre defining, next gen PC games

What do you think?

I believe the next gen PC games indicated that they are working on the PC version of MP3 as well as GTA V because these are the priority of Rockstar Games for now.

Also, Rockstar RAGE is looking for "RAGE PC Graphics Programmer" as found here

I think this can't be Max Payne 3 for PC as the game will be out in 3 months. It is just impossible for them to develop the engine for Max Payne 3 PC in less than 3 months. Thus, I believe this is related to GTA V PC as well.

senor_huevos_benedicto

It very well could be. Rejoice, PC gamers.

This is very good news! Kinda disappointed Toronto isn't doing the PC port though.

What? Are you serious?

Yl8KS.jpg

Sunrise Driver

Amazing news! LA Noire had its issues but it wasn't a russian roulette like GTA 4. Means if you have a decenet PC you can play it without issues 100% guarantee.

R* Toronto was never a good studio. When R* North released 3 major GTA games, in the same timeperiod R* Toronto barely made The Warriors.

Edited by Street Mix

EncryptedReality

Smells of Red Dead, ow that smell of animal blood hitting the PC machinery, awesome.

It is just impossible for them to develop the engine for Max Payne 3 PC in less than 3 months. Thus, I believe this is related to GTA V PC as well.

Max Payne 3 and GTA V are running on exactly the same engine.

Amazing news! LA Noire had its issues but it wasn't a russian roulette like GTA 4. Means if you have a decenet PC you can play it without issues 100% guarantee.

R* Toronto was never a good studio. When R* North released 3 major GTA games, in the same timeperiod R* Toronto barely made The Warriors.

Bullsh*t. I've got a 3.4ghz quad core Intel CPU and a GTX570 and the game chugs like a mother f*cker.

If they're hiring PC programmers it better be for a proper port of GTA V like Saints Row The Third on PC. SR:TT ransmooth as butter maxed out on my rig whereas I still can't play GTA IV smoothly on high.

This is very good news! Kinda disappointed Toronto isn't doing the PC port though.

Your joking Right? R* Toronto did the port for iv and i believe also Bully...

They both sucked confused.gif

EncryptedReality

Coming back to PC ports, i analyzed the EFLC and IV games yesterday a bit, you know just in a bug-hunt and the list was very bug-rich.

No mods were used during the analysis, 100% clean retail copy install.

What I'm saying is, if Rockstar can't work with PC decently, then that's same as if they spit on it's fanbase

Edited by GTARandom

Sunrise Driver

Bully PC sucked because X360 version wasn't good at performance (ported from X360 for sure). That what happens when you give PC studio (Mad Doc) a task to port PS2 game on RenderWare to X360 using Gamebryo.

Let's hope Red Dead Redemption will still make it to PC.

And for f*ck sake let's hope GTA V will release itself simultaneously on all platforms.

What? Are you serious?

I am serious. Rockstar Toronto gave the PC version tons of exclusive features:

• Incredible video editor
  • 32 player multiplayer
  • Independence FM
  • Higher quality multiplayer characters
  • In-depth graphic customization
  • Minor fixes/changes that were not present in the console versions
  • 7 patches that greatly optimized the game
Not to mention they came to these forums and helped out users to the best of their ability, despite being flamed in nearly every post.

GTA IV was a complete mess on PC. Several layers of DRM, unoptimized to a crazy extent, no AA option, etc...

What? Are you serious?

• Incredible video editor
  • 32 player multiplayer
  • Independence FM
  • Higher quality multiplayer characters
  • In-depth graphic customization
  • Minor fixes/changes that were not present in the console versions
  • 7 patches that greatly optimized the game
Not to mention they came to these forums and helped out users to the best of their ability, despite being flamed in nearly every post.

• The Video Editor can be done by Leeds
  • Same
  • Same (Has allways been in GTA PC)
  • Same
  • Same (Every PC game has this)
  • This is a must, Leeds will do
  • If Leeds does it right, we won't need any patches
Yl8KS.jpg

@Street Mix I agree. However, I don't expect anything when many high school students without any programming experience (no offence) were hired. I was really shocked about this. However, it seems like they will be doing a great job this time.

@GTARandom I don't think it would be Red Dead Redemption. If anything it would be next Red Dead but not RDR. Rockstar as many of you know have limited budgets (reasons why they closed Rockstar Vienna) to spend on too many big projects. Plus, Rockstar's current priority are Max Payne 3 and GTA V. The only real priority for them is GTA V as Max Payne 3 will be released soon and they will be giving less and less attention for Max Payne 3 and begin to focus on GTA V.

@allah_akbar Yes I know. But they can't possibly be looking for PC Graphics Programmer for Max Payne 3 this moment, when the game will be released in just three months. A lot of time is used to develop the engine for each game even if it is only a platform in this case, PC. Even if they are, they are just looking for the graphics programmer for a little final touch up for Max Payne 3 PC. I am sure he will be assigned with new PC project (s) sooner or later as it is not logical for them to just hire him for Max Payne 3 and lay him off the moment he done his graphics programming for Max Payne 3 PC.

@wildstyle91 I believe they already did. If no, they are probably assigned to assisting team for Rockstar.

@D.Dodge I don't think so. As I said, if anything the next Red Dead would but not RDR. The reasons are because Rockstar would not spend their money to develop or modified RDR engine as it is using a console specific RAGE engine and it would cost them too much to modified the engine for PC.

@Deadly Target Every developer could do that including Leeds. They just didn't implement it on L.A. Noire PC as it is an adventure game unlike GTA. About the forum, they had to. They messed it up so they had to do their best to get their reputation back on track. Still, at least they were responsible for what they did.

@mirmihir You're welcome biggrin.gif Anyway, expect the alphabet S in "next gen PC games" to be removed soon. That's what Rockstar did when it was revealed that Rockstar Leeds is working on the PC version of Max Payne 3 .

Edited by lh1

Call me naїve but I 'm still hoping R* North doing PC version of GTA V.

It could be possible but I don't think Rockstar has assigned the PC version of GTA V to Rockstar North as they have limited resources due to the complexity of both this gen consoles.

For me it doesn't matter, so long we get a very well-optimized PC version with exclusive or normal PC features and of course, a simultaneous release if not one or two weeks delay of its console counterparts.

I believe the release date would be December 4, 2012.

@mirmihir You're welcome  biggrin.gif Anyway, expect the alphabet S in "next gen PC games" to be removed soon. That's what Rockstar did when it was revealed that Rockstar Leeds is working on the PC version of Max Payne 3 .

First, Rockstar Leeds is not working on the PC version of Max Payne 3.

Second, I hoped you would write down a source of these informations.

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-probably-nothing.html (Including mentioned job openings in the comment section below)

- Ivan

To answer your first question, Rockstar Leeds indeed is working on Max Payne 3. Rockstar has revamped their career site on August 16, 2011 and has unexpectedly revealed that Rockstar Leeds is currently working on Max Payne 3. I, as a person who love hunting for info, took the opportunity and browsed the career site hoping for new unrevealed info. They removed "Max Payne 3" from the post after a week or less than a week. Why did they removed it? It's obviously they are hiding something.

Believe it or not, here was what they said

"Recently, our team played an integral role in the development of L.A. Noire, and now is currently working on a raft of projects including the PC version of L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3."

I never posted this on gtaforums but I talked about this on various of Rockstar Newswire posts for about a week starting from this page

Second, I had cited the source for both of these info. One being Rockstar Career Site and another Gamasutra. I believe this will clear your confusions about the real sources of the above info.

Anyway, I just read your post on daeity but I don't think the "next gen PC games" would be Red Dead Redemption as referring to this. It is clear that the term they used, "Next Generation", "Next Gen" are for those games that are released in 2011 and onwards. In this case, Max Payne 3 and GTA V. Do not expect RDR for PC, Rockstar is too busy and budget-limited to invest on the PC version of RDR as RDR was built with console-spec in mind and that includes the engine. However, do expect next Red Dead for PC.

OFF TOPIC

I'm glad Daeity is back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Daeity was closed for some time.

To answer your first question, Rockstar Leeds indeed is working on Max Payne 3. Rockstar has revamped their career site on August 16, 2011 and has unexpectedly revealed that Rockstar Leeds is currently working on Max Payne 3. I, as a person who love hunting for info, took the opportunity and browsed the career site hoping for new unrevealed info. They removed "Max Payne 3" from the post after a week or less than a week. Why did they removed it? It's obviously they are hiding something.

Believe it or not, here was what they said

"Recently, our team played an integral role in the development of L.A. Noire, and now is currently working on a raft of projects including the PC version of L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3."

They're most likely just contributing to the development, just like all other Rockstar Studios.

To be honest, pretty much all Rockstar Studios are involved in this game’s development to some extent. While the bulk of work is being handled by Rockstar Vancouver, Rockstar Toronto, Rockstar New England and Rockstar London, there are also key artists, programmers and other development resources from other studios including Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar North, and Rockstar Leeds, with Rockstar New York working on motion capture and audio assets, as usual. All are contributing to ensure the return of Max Payne will be the epic and blockbuster experience that fans have been waiting for. In actuality, none of our recent games (including L.A. Noire) have been made exclusively by one studio. We are very proud of the way the entire Rockstar team contributes to the games.

- http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...d-and-more.html

Do not expect RDR for PC, Rockstar is too busy and budget-limited to invest on the PC version of RDR as RDR was built with console-spec in mind and that includes the engine.

We'll see about that.

Yes of course they are. However, they are the only one that mention that they are developing the PC version of Max Payne 3. Thus, they are contributing to the development of Max Payne 3 specifically the PC version.

About the RDR, I would say just focus on waiting for Max Payne 3 and GTA V. In fact, we are both GTA fans aren't we? RDR is just a game to fill us between each GTA game. So why bother when we have GTA V coming this year and Max Payne 3 this May?

Max Payne 3 has been confirmed for a PC release for awhile, it's been listed for a few months on Steam.

click

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

Max Payne 3 has been confirmed for a PC release for awhile, it's been listed for a few months on Steam.

click

Yes but the "next gen PC games" indicate that they are not only looking for a PC systems programmer for Max Payne 3 but other projects, which in this case, GTA V.

What? Are you serious?

Incredible video editor

32 player multiplayer

Independence FM

Higher quality multiplayer characters

In-depth graphic customization

Minor fixes/changes that were not present in the console versions

7 patches that greatly optimized the game

Can you perhaps give me a link to that topic? sigh.gif

ON topic : Let's hope the PC version gets released at the same time as the console versions, in that way Gta V can compete with the sales of the new COD.

Edited by C2H5OH

My name is Kunta Kinte 9000, and you can Kunta-kiss my ass!

Gtaplayaminigun

Wow! Nice info. I really hope it's GTA V. F*ck RDR. It's too old now. But then again, it'd be nice if north ports V like street mix said.

Edited by Gtaplayaminigun

Are you a rockstar Toronto employee?

If not :facepalm:

Edited by Gilly1987

click

Yes but the "next gen PC games" indicate that they are not only looking for a PC systems programmer for Max Payne 3 but other projects, which in this case, GTA V.

Well the way you said

I think this can't be Max Payne 3 for PC as the game will be out in 3 months. It is just impossible for them to develop the engine for Max Payne 3 PC in less than 3 months.

I didn't know if you knew MP3 was actually going to be on PC.

But yeah, it's coming out for PC. So having Rockstar put out these want ads so close to Max Payne's release does imply that it's for whatever game that is going to come out afterwards..

And we all know what that means!

Seriously, I would kill for a simultaneous console/PC release. After playing GTAIV on my 360 for years, and eventually getting a PC that could run it I could never go back. After you see the crystal clear image of GTAIV running on a PC you will never be able to go back to a console. I know I can't, and I don't want to play GTAV on inferior hardware.

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

click

Well the way you said

I think this can't be Max Payne 3 for PC as the game will be out in 3 months. It is just impossible for them to develop the engine for Max Payne 3 PC in less than 3 months.

I didn't know if you knew MP3 was actually going to be on PC.

But yeah, it's coming out for PC. So having Rockstar put out these want ads so close to Max Payne's release does imply that it's for whatever game that is going to come out afterwards..

And we all know what that means!

Seriously, I would kill for a simultaneous console/PC release. After playing GTAIV on my 360 for years, and eventually getting a PC that could run it I could never go back. After you see the crystal clear image of GTAIV running on a PC you will never be able to go back to a console. I know I can't, and I don't want to play GTAV on inferior hardware.

I sure do. I don't think you know what I meant. What I meant was Rockstar Leeds is looking for a PC systems programmer for "next PC games", and this definitely means a final touch up for the PC version of Max Payne 3 as well as developing the PC version of GTA V. It can't be other games as knowing Rockstar, they won't be looking for extra PC programmers if the games aren't due very soon. I am pretty Rockstar Leeds itself already developed the PC version of Max Payne 3 but is in the process of final optimizing and some touch up for PC.

About the simultaneous release, you really should be looking forward to it biggrin.gif