American Half Time Shows

Slamman

What's your opinion on the artists chosen to perform Superbowl Half time shows, if you're even aware??

...Or care????

Edited by Slamman

I think every half time show should consist of a Pac Man/Miss Pac Man wedding. Just my two cents.

Re: Madonna who did perform, this doc talks about her flirting with the Religious imagery, I believe she's still scrutinized for her beliefs, but not as much as in years past, perhaps

The Super Bowl show ended with a plea for World Peace. We all can pine for that

In my opinion, the latest half time shows have been kind of sh*tty, i mean, Black Eyed Peas? Madonna? LMFAO?

Did the super bowl viewers change into 17 year old girls or something? C'mon!

I would like to have some of the old school classic rock bands back like AC/DC or something.

I know this probably isnt the right palce to ask but why is it that Nicki Minaj starts to sounds like a man when she raps? and why doesnt her head move when she does?

I found it rather odd that they even included M.I.A., Nicki Minaj and LMFAO. It's clear that it was done for promotional reasons, but they each had about a good 30 seconds on-air which is somewhat pointless. The similarities between the three of them and Madonna isn't exactly striking.

7FTgFLB.png

According to the Midday news here, they say there's controversy surrounding it, and I won't know till they mention it (commercials marring the announcement! BAH!)

My sister was amazed how good Madonna looks, after SOOOOO many years in the spotlight

We were debating her age since I don't recall when she was born either. She played Live Aid in 1985, and was a bit chubby with a husky voice at that time I thought. I was definitely not a fan at that point in time, I prefer MJ's songs over Madonna, but you still have to give her a hand for being able to stay relevant.

UPDATE:

Mid-day news back from commercial, What they were going to say about the supposed controversy was skipped, seemed a ploy to get one not to turn the TV off or change the channel??! WTF! ha ha

Well, in mentioning it here, did you hear of some controversy, perhaps about having M.I.A. on the bill?

Robinski probably got the story they were planning to talk about, I thought I heard someone curse, but wasn't paying REAL close attention, but missed any gesture. I made a point some time ago, people should be aware of a band called MIA, versus the singer, they're a hardcore/punk outfit, long, long before this MIA singer appeared they were around

Edited by Slamman

AnthMUFC-Champs

I think a band like Guns N' Roses or even Foo Fighters would be a better choice than the recent artists! Or even some old school rap would suit me anything is better than this pop sh*t they perform every year!

I don't get why they get these people. I'm sure the average male age 18-45 doesn't give a sh*t about the half-time show. But at the same time, I laugh to think of an average fat blue collared guy from Indianapolis who attended the game eating a sausage and watching Madonna.

EDIT: as for the controversy, people need to grow up. And I'm talking about the people who are outraged mainly.

Edited by darthYENIK

Don't Madonna's guests fit in the R and B / Hip Hop trend in modern pop music? I have respect for Cee Lo Green however

I have respect for Cee Lo Green however.

Yeah Cee Lo was decent actually, im not really into his music but he has a fantastic voice.

The rest though pure sh*t(imo)

Also there are a few "new" rockbands that could do a better show in my opinion like Foo Fighters, Black Keys, Wolfmother, etc.

I had no idea who anyone was other than Madonna. All of her stuff sounded like reblended 80s stuff. Like, holy sh*t...I thought they were going to break into Mickey when the cheerleader outfits came out, but it was even weirder because it half sounded like it wanted to sound like Mickey.

All in all the superbowl half time show has never really been good. I will say that I am proud that they stopped lip syncing as of a few years ago.

^ Not Cee Lo Green, dude?? Color me surprised. News reports a RECORD viewing audience for the sports matchup, 111 million IIRC!?!

And, Madonna has announced a World tour now, she's hitting MN in Nov I believe, 2012

Well, count me out! haha I saw news that that new Van Halen album should be available instead

When I saw that all that was going through my mind was "What the f*ck is this?". I thought the past two halftime shows sucked, last good one was 2010 when the had The WHO!! 2011 had Slash but only for about 30secs, this year we had Madonna and I really could care less about Madonna. In my mind she ranks just bellow whale sh*t... but that's me. I do know people like her and others who really think she is gods awful.

@Slamman- Madonna on tour? I much rather see RUSH or Roger Waters Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Now that would be worth while.

Oh and yeah, Modanna starts her tour here in the city I live. So yeah, Mr White I would rather see Rush.