GTA V April 2012-March 2013 release date hinted

JR BELL

"Grand Theft Auto V may currently be floating around in the "TBC" netherworld of release dates, but a new report from Take-Two has hinted at a Christmas 2012 release date for the open-world crime sim.

Take-Two, parent company of GTA publisher Rockstar Games, has reported a drop in profits for its fiscal Q3 ending December 31st. Despite this, they've bullishly tipped fiscal 2013 to be one of the most lucrative in the company's history, suggesting a late 2012 release for the next GTA game with the Christmas period being the most profitable point for boxed games.

"Fiscal 2013 is expected to be one of our best years ever, with substantial revenue growth and non-GAAP net income in excess of $2 per diluted share. We are well positioned to continue to deliver growth and profitability over the long-term," said Take-Two chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick.

Though GTA V will lead Take-Two's profit charge, there are plenty of other promising titles heading out this year under their umbrella. Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite are all due later this year while there's also Borderlands 2 and the XCOM FPS game out in Take-Two's fiscal 2013 too."

http://www.techdigest.tv/2012/02/gta_v_xmas_2012.html

Well if money is talking at R* it's definetely for Christmas.... wait, everyone will buy it anyways so does it really matter? wink.gif

Finn 7 five 11

Well, it's nothing official. And we could predict it.

Actually all of that IS OFFICIAL, the profits forecast by take two are real, they cannot lie about it, and the games coming out are all confirmed.

But this is old news, we knew the forecast profits almost a year ago.

an 11 month window is about as non-specific as you could get. Using common sense alone I could narrow it down futher than that, it's likely coming sometime between october 2012 and may 2013

ClareXoBearrx3R9

April would be nice (my birthday is the 21st sigh.gif ) but somehow I feel it's doubtful. If they would release it around April (2-3 months from now), I'm sure they would have announced that already.

Release dates are usually given at least 4-5 months before the actual date of release, at least that's my experience with it.

******BREAKING NEWS***** This *JUST* in through the cutting edge OP newswire.

Says here: "GTA4 will feature a man named Nikko Bellicheck as main character"

WOW thanks OP! I love this fast paced news you bring us!

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

is it just me or does anyone else think its going to be released on the 24th of may?

GrandTheftAuto101
is it just me or does anyone else think its going to be released on the 24th of may?

They're stupid

That is just on the side of the road. I wouldnt expect the game would be released in may because the second trailer hasnt been released yet.