How to remove idling animations (manually)

SFK363

What this will do is that it will keep the idling animations intact for the default model (Niko/Johnny/Luis) but block the idling animations when using other models (except the male multiplayer model).

Note: This works for both GTA IV and EFLC.

There is a file that completes this process instead of having to manually alter the goal of this topic. Click here for downloading the file.

1. Go to common\data folder in the GTA IV or EFLC directory

2. Uncheck "Read Only" for Ambient.dat, then open it with a text editor

3. Search "Player Idles"

4. Copy the code below and overwrite the "# Player Idles" section:

# Player IdlesPLAYIDLES_COLD Player, !Tired, IsRaining, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_BAT Player, !Tired, HasMelee, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_STD Player, !Tired, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed, !IsRaining, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_RIFLE Player,!Tired, Has2Handed, IsModel(player), IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_INJURED Player, !Tired, LowHealth, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_INJURED_R Player, !Tired, LowHealth, Has2Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_TIRED_1H Player, Tired, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_TIRED_2H Player, Tired, Has2Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_TIRED_RPG Player, Tired, HasRPG, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_WET_1H Player, Wet, !Tired, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)PLAYIDLES_WET_2H Player, Wet, !Tired, Has2Handed, IsModel(Player), IsModel(M_Y_Multiplayer)

5. Once this is done, backup the original Ambient.dat and save the edited Ambient.dat, and check Read-only again.

If the idling animations should be blocked completely, look for the text "Player" in the beginning of these lines, and add a ! in their beginning.

For example, if done correctly, the first line should look like this:

PLAYIDLES_COLD !Player, !Tired, IsRaining, IsUnarmed, Has1Handed,!IsModel(F_Y_Multiplayer)

Edited by SFK363

I think the last line won't block the idle animations completely, but instead will cause them to play for NPCs.

The code says: "Play these animations for any ped who is not the player, is wet, is not tired, has a 2-handed weapon, and is not a female multiplayer character."

I think the last line won't block the idle animations completely, but instead will cause them to play for NPCs.

The code says: "Play these animations for any ped who is not the player, is wet, is not tired, has a 2-handed weapon, and is not a female multiplayer character."

I used your advice from the other topic.

Edit: I changed the example from the last line to the first line.

Edited by SFK363

My advice was this:

PLAYIDLES_COLD Player, !Player

Which says "Play these animations for any ped who is the player and also not the player."

I believe the code in your post will still play for NPCs.

My advice was this:

PLAYIDLES_COLD Player, !Player

Which says "Play these animations for any ped who is the player and also not the player."

I believe the code in your post will still play for NPCs.

Well, I ignored the first "Player" line, but the example I used included using a 2-handed weapon. Idling animations only occur while standing still. I doubt that an NPC with a two-handed weapon would stay idle.

I doubt that an NPC with a two-handed weapon would stay idle.

Fair enough, but it's possible. wink.gif