Snow

acmilano

Some pictures from my city

http://www.sarajevo-x.com/bih/snijeg-ne-st...rzave/120203028

It snowing for a two days with out stopping so most of the schools already doesnt work.Public transport hardly functioning and taxis even doesnt ake rides.Situation is like that everywhere in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GK0T05pduo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qxHKJlQkE

I could only imagine situation in countries like Russia and Canada.So how is situation at your cities.

It's freezing here in Bristol, we had heavy frost this morning. Still waiting for the snow though.

In Lithuania here -30 and i was excited that there is much snow. I went with my friends to have a big snowball fight and i even dived into the snow. Lots of snow here in Lithuania than in that video i have seen.

G1T

Are we passing through the galactic plaine of the galaxy? is that why its so cold like everywhere! Our main water pipes are bursting round our area its so cold, witch is very out of the norm? we have been promised snow over the weekend and had a few snow showers at the begining of the week but not enough to settle?

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Well we have snow here in Hull (northeast England). It snowed for a really short time during the day yesterday but didn't lay. Then at night it layed down in a relatively short space of time. I went in a nightclub at about 11 and there was no snow at all, then I came out about 3 hours later and it was layed down fairly well. Was quite funny to see some guy off his head trying to make a snow angel. Most of it's melting now though.

I live in the same city as OP, so you can check out the pics to see how it is. Right now it's much worse actually, as it just keeps snowing more and more. Here's a pic from my window:

user posted image

Doesn't really show what's going on at ground level, but it's hell down there.

We've not had snow in my corner of the world as of yet, in fact, its pretty sunny outside. If it wasn't for the biting wind, you'd think it was a typical spring day.

You guys need to try living through a Canadian winter.

We had 30 cm of snow today, -10 degrees the last three days. Last night there was recorded -38 in this country

celcius, that is tounge.gif

Edited by jaysteels

L71cGcK.png

Meanwhile in America

user posted image

That's just from 20 hours or so...More to come. suicidal.gif (That's a full size truck btw) I guess about 13-15" 33cm-38cm in less than 20 hours. suicidal.gif

Last thing i heard was to expect it at around 9pm in my area!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

No snow in the East Midlands to actually take notice of. Apparently it snowed yesterday, but nothing that stuck.

-10 degrees the last three days.

Three weeks ago, it was around -45ºC (with wind chill) for about five days.

Only Siberia beats Canada in terms of brutal winters.

clEsyRO.gif

Surely that must be in the Northern unpopulated regions though, like Nunavut? You don't get anywhere near that in the main cities right, or at least not very often?

Surely that must be in the Northern unpopulated regions though, like Nunavut? You don't get anywhere near that in the main cities right, or at least not very often?

do note I live in the southwestern part of this country

L71cGcK.png

user posted image

I'm in Edmonton, so while it's northern compared to parts of Eastern Canada, it's still not near as north as the territories. My friend went home for a funeral three weeks ago to Dawson (in the northern part of Yukon) and said one night, with wind chill, it went down to -63ºC.

The weather is generally really cold in Edmonton during the winter; on average, -25ºC (without windchill) would be the norm, but this year the weather has been exceptionally warm for winter (right now, it's -4ºC out). I guess most of Canada is experiencing a warmer-than-normal winter.

clEsyRO.gif

I've never seen snow.

Lucky you.

So far, no snow in the south of North Rhine-Wesphalia, Germany. Expect it to come any day now though.

Can't wait for the spring.

I'm pretty sure the UK is just skipping winter this year. Sure we've had a few days when it's been cold as balls, but no prolonged cold snaps and not even a hint of snow in my part of the country at least. With us going into February now it looks like we might have one of my first winters with no (laying) snowfall.

user posted image

I'm pretty sure the UK is just skipping winter this year. Sure we've had a few days when it's been cold as balls, but no prolonged cold snaps and not even a hint of snow in my part of the country at least. With us going into February now it looks like we might have one of my first winters with no (laying) snowfall.

I hope your right robinski, please don't snow in the UK.

7cg1vNw.png

You forget I made a topic solely about this Winter's oddities? No, to little snow, and high ass temps, all considering it's bottled up 40 below in the Arctic Circle.

I'll link it up here.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=494579

In the middle of the USA, expecting over a foot of snow, we might not see anything where I be!!

Edited by Slamman

That is a negative Sir

The White stuff is inbound!

Toronto winters are rather harsh, but this year it's been really good to us. Was 6C pretty much all week, with only a couple small snowfalls since December. A bit riveting considering last year around this time it's not rare to dip below -15. Can't complain, hope spring comes rather early.

We've got about 2 inches or 3 max this whole winter, and with temps around low 30s (F) now, it's still not all melted away, and it's dreary and cloudy as Hell! (Arctic Circle sounds like Hell froze over up there. In Japan they've had some record snows, in fact, a number of people died, it was so bad! They've really, really suffered as of late.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6896064/ns/wea...d/#.Tyw14oFdC1c

Edited by Slamman

I swear its colder than normal i start shivering about a minute outside whereas i used to be able to stay out for 15 mins without getting cold. perhaps im jus gettin old.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Haha no kidding! I'm glad our winter is nice this year though. Its 5 degrees today!

user posted image