Texture problem

h4mza

I have downloaded some car mods for gta 3 and used txdworkshop to replace the dff and txd file, i would normally use imgtool but it says file size to big to replace, but anyways when i play the game, this is what the mod looks like.

user posted image

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Edited by h4mza

Don't use the replace function on ANY img editor, they don't work %100.

Delete the original dff+txd then add the new ones.

The car appears weirdly because the game is reading the cars txd from the txd.img, just use this simple mod to stop the game reading files from the txd.img (by emptying the txd.img+dir).

Don't use the replace function on ANY img editor, they don't work %100.

Delete the original dff+txd then add the new ones.

The car appears weirdly because the game is reading the cars txd from the txd.img, just use this simple mod to stop the game reading files from the txd.img (by emptying the txd.img+dir).

Hi, i tried this and the game now freezes at load screen, i tried running as windows 98, 2000 xp etc. I dont know what else to do?

I use IMG tool for all mods i install, never had any problems with it either, infact I'd probably say its the best IMG editor around and the safest.

Anyway you can try this, it works for Vice City, not sure about GTA 3 though as I've never played it:

Go into your GTA 3 folder, right click models folder, click properties, uncheck read only, click apply then ok, now try.

I use IMG tool for all mods i install, never had any problems with it either, infact I'd probably say its the best IMG editor around and the safest.

Anyway you can try this, it works for Vice City, not sure about GTA 3 though as I've never played it:

Go into your GTA 3 folder, right click models folder, click properties, uncheck read only, click apply then ok, now try.

Still not working, thanks for help though

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I tried on vice city, the car installs fine but i cant get the wheel mod to work, i installed the wheel mod manually but still doesnt work sad.gif