What do you guys do for a living

Swoorup

Hi forumers,

I was just curious about people that mostly stay on the internet.

Seriously What do you guys do for a living?

As for me, I am in the midst of starting/choosing a career.

I really wanna try out architecture

But im also interested in film, possibly business & management, and im extremely interested in history but i dont know any good careers that i could get out of it

I moderate these forums.

In my spare time, I work as a network engineer for a telecommunications company.

@Girish I didnot know that moderating forums lets you earn money. Hmm

Thanks for the info though

No, no. I don't get any money. Because I'm Indian, I get paid in sandwiches. Three sandwiches a week and two more as incentives if I can do 40 reports more than the usual.

@Girish I didnot know that moderating forums lets you earn money. Hmm

Thanks for the info though

No, no. I don't get any money. Because I'm Indian, I get paid in sandwiches. Three sandwiches a week and two more as incentives if I can do 40 reports more than the usual.

Congrats on the raise icon14.gif

x3FWE.png

leik oh em jeez!

I'm a roofer, and in the process of starting a computer repair/networking company. And I occasionally work on cars for free.

I like building things, working with my hands. Grew up playing with Legos and this is the result.

Full time Architecture student here!

Well technically not yet but I start February 27th! colgate.gif

Good luck with the Architorture! I'll be starting grad school this fall.

4XEtraA.jpg

Furniture Tester.

I read that as "Furniture Testes" mercie_blink.gif

I work in a Co-Op shop. Nothing fancy but it pays the bills. My spare time is where I have my fun. I'm in the process of making my own acoustic guitar which is pretty fun and is going very well. Any time in between those things is spent on these forums, hoping and praying for a scrap of news.

Dudesig.png

I work tech/customer support for a well known gaming console. I do mostly photography and bit video work on the side.

Well I'm a qualified youth worker, and I'm aiming to get into college to do a course on photography next year.

In my spare time I do a helluva lot of things, too much if I do say so myself. colgate.gif

Furniture Tester.

And I read it as "Furniture teaser", wtf is wrong with our eyes?

I'm a general contractor and partial artist.

Not a lot of money in the art right now, hence the "partial". wink.gif

38773_s.gif

I´m working in plant construction and engineering as mechatronics engineer in mechanic and electric assembly.

Furniture Tester.

And I read it as "Furniture teaser", wtf is wrong with our eyes?

Haha that sounds like such a brilliant job.

At least I now know that I do need glasses.

Dudesig.png

At the moment, anything I can.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life, or at least with the rest of the next couple years. I really need to find a career that I enjoy and wont get old. I used to think that was film, but that's hardly a living when you can't get any work.

I'm a geography student. Yep you heard right, a real life geography student. You're probably thinking "jee wiz that must be a glamorous lifestyle full of excitement!". And you'd be right, you'd be absolutely right. In fact, and I don't want to brag here, but I've actually been to a muddy field, and we have middle aged men with comb overs teaching us. Our building is decorated in beige and we have an exotic mamacita all the way from Scotland who can certainly get the tongues wagging when she gives us a glimpse of those varicose veins. PHWOOOOOAAAR!

I try to make sure I pay attention in class so I'm not a disapointment to myself later on.

What do you mean you guys?

I'm a geography student. Yep you heard right, a real life geography student. You're probably thinking "jee wiz that must be a glamorous lifestyle full of excitement!". And you'd be right, you'd be absolutely right. In fact, and I don't want to brag here, but I've actually been to a muddy field, and we have middle aged men with comb overs teaching us. Our building is decorated in beige and we have an exotic mamacita all the way from Scotland who can certainly get the tongues wagging when she gives us a glimpse of those varicose veins. PHWOOOOOAAAR!

Haha! Damn, this gave me a good laugh. The humour really reminds me of my old geography teacher. He was awesome.

Dudesig.png

Full time Architecture student here!

Well technically not yet but I start February 27th! colgate.gif

Good luck with the Architorture! I'll be starting grad school this fall.

Thanks man, its such a hard major in my college. You spend hours and hours in the studio doing models and projects till their perfect and so many people drop out. But i know it'll be worth it in the end if i pull through. We shall find out in the fall

EDIT: ooo i see what ya did there with the architorture....

Edited by Carbine23

Weekend job at a local chinese take away. I'm the one answering calls, putting in orders and generally being the ''face'' I'm currently on a Painting and Decorating course in college, recently done a huge volunteer gig at Kegworth Village Hall. Was pretty sweet seeing what its like to do my trade in the real world.

Hopefully going to start doing some side jobs once I get more confident. Currently painting each room in my house now.

Im currently in the process of creating company in which we ship Shoes (Mostly Sneakers) to Brazil, basically since Brazils import tax is soo high, it would be cheaper to just buy them in America and ship them through Air Shipping to Brazil. A Nice Pair Air Jordan Sneakers would be around 80 Bucks in US, & 400 Brazilian Currency in Brazil at a typical store, What we do is make people send us a link of the sneaker they want, we then charge them the price for the Price of the Sneaker, the shipping costs, and a troubles fee all in brazilian currency, and send it to them. (Usually takes arond 5-7 days) So for and 80 Dollar AJ Would set you around 300 Meanwhile in the store it would cost 400-500. BIG MONEYMAKER HERE!

Good luck with the Architorture!

lol why's that?

I know everybody says there's a lot of work and a lot of people drop out but I have a friend doing it and he says he loves it and has enjoyed every bit of it and if you really love it, you'll be good at it and you will enjoy it; so I figure I'd be fine. I figure the people that drop out are the ones that think it's easy and aren't devoted enough, and put their social life first.