Mission Style Text

motorsport71

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to apply mission style text for notifiers, kind of like in SNT. In Game they would normally say "Go pick up Roman" or "Go to Nav Point to start Race" or something like that. I can't find any info in the natives, and all i have is:

game.displaytext("blah")

for .net scripthook.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

motorsport71

Yeah, thats per frame drawing, like i use in this for my damage and infection meters in my L4LI mod... (you can see in the first minute)

I'm worried that uses too many resources as where there may be an available native for leaving straight forward mission style text. I've seen a lot of natives with "text" in them, but no info in wiki's page. Don't get me wrong, I would rather use the resources for the "asthetics" because of the amount of time i've put into this new mod, but i'd also like to make it easier on the user's system. I'll just time it so there is no "major events" happening at the same time.

Could this be it? Print String

Maybe as PRINT_STRING_WITH_LITERAL_STRING_NOW is a Native function for *.Sco files, and that calls for the text to be displayed, thats as much as I know from people I have spoken to.

You would need to edither use ScoToolBox, or C++ with Scocl to make it create that sort of display unless you can move the X, Y, Z or text for .Net scripts I don't know that much only little.

Hi :)

@lindsayslorach

PRINT_STRING_WITH_LITERAL_STRING_NOW

Is exactly the native i needed. Thanks!

lindsayslorach

@Fantaseb: You can use the game's natives through the .Net ScriptHook by using a built in method: "GTA.Native.Function.Call("NATIVE_NAME", arguments, go, here);"

@Fantaseb: You can use the game's natives through the .Net ScriptHook by using a built in method: "GTA.Native.Function.Call("NATIVE_NAME", arguments, go, here);"

Oh ive never done anything with .Net or anything along those lines, dont have much time at the moment, too busy getting my relationship sorted. So I can't really look into this, if I was going to create scripts for GTA IV I would use Scocl. Looks much better, but much harder confused.gif

Hi :)