No info is the best marketing

Fridope07

I was stoked for Batman AC. I spent a year reading all the new info, buying the digital comic series, eating up every single update and character reveal. By the time I got the game I realized a lot of it was spoiled for me, more than half the surprises and plot twists I had already figured out. The game was good, but at the same time I was disappointed. I hope rockstar doesn't tell us anything new. I think they should set a new standard for marketing big games by giving us nothing but a release date. If they do show another trailer I hope all we see is some vague hints at new features. I don't even want to know who the protagonist is, or what exactly the new features are. I hope they let the hype continue to build its self.

senor_huevos_benedicto

While people like us would still buy the game, many won't if they're not enticed.

I agree to a certain extent. I hate it when games are spoiled -- It takes away a little bit of the enjoyment. But at the same time, nobody wants to go a year without any info. I would like it if they gave a little bit of info once a month, just enough to satasfy us and prevent us from going on a rampage rampage_ani.gif

While people like us would still buy the game, many won't if they're not enticed.

For every other game I would agree but dude this is GTA! A date and a countdown would be enough. This tards talking about boycotting are just a bunch of immature kids who shouldn't be playing in the first place.

I agree to a certain extent. I hate it when games are spoiled -- It takes away a little bit of the enjoyment. But at the same time, nobody wants to go a year without any info. I would like it if they gave a little bit of info once a month, just enough to satasfy us and prevent us from going on a rampage rampage_ani.gif

I strongly agree with this. I think too much information too early is certainly a bad thing.

Since most people already know what GTA is they dont really need to release any gameplay trailers or dev diaries, which is good because they game feels totally new and fresh when you actually get it.

senor_huevos_benedicto

In business always assume that most people are stupid. Therefore, assume most won't keep up with GTA, and not buy it.

Of course it's the best marketing. That's how Rockstar rolls motherf*cker.

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

If my take on Rockstar's strategy is right, we can expect to get bits and pieces like trailers and such every few months.

They will keep their projected release date to themselves. Three months before their release date they will make a "go"/"no go" decision, depending on whether or not they think they can meet said date. If it's a "go", then and only then will they publicly announce the release date and commence their full blown marketing campaign.

This is based off what marketing they did for GTA:IV. The mistake they made with IV was announcing the release date too early. So I suspect that this time they will keep the date to themselves until they commit to it three months before.

Ruthless_Villain

All I know is that if we get some new info, this is going to be me...

user posted image

Yes! you heared him, you are all MOTHERf*ckERS...

Yes! you heared him, you are all MOTHERf*ckERS...

Spaghetti Cat

Isn't this the OP's problem? I mean if you don't want to be spoiled, then DON"T FREGGIN LOOK!

I remember a lot of ppl staying away from the forms the week or so before IV came out. Ditto for the DLC.

It's the same way for me and Mass Effect 3, sure there is a lot os spoilerrific info out there, but i'm like a nun in a whore house, paying no attention. All i'll want to know is that if the game is any good or not.

Also, R* has a pretty good habit of not releasing a whole lot of info that will ruin their game. Maybe a few tidbits here and there, but they aren't going to ruin the game. I always enjoy the twists and turns in R* games anyways. When Roman's apartment is burned was a suprise for me. Hopefully R* will keep the twists and turns under wraps.

No Image Available

senor_huevos_benedicto

Isn't this the OP's problem?  I mean if you don't want to be spoiled, then DON"T FREGGIN LOOK!

I remember a lot of ppl staying away from the forms the week or so before IV came out.  Ditto for the DLC. 

It's the same way for me and Mass Effect 3, sure there is a lot os spoilerrific info out there, but i'm like a nun in a whore house, paying no attention.  All i'll want to know is that if the game is any good or not. 

Also, R* has a pretty good habit of not releasing a whole lot of info that will ruin their game.  Maybe a few tidbits here and there, but they aren't going to ruin the game.  I always enjoy the twists and turns in R* games anyways.  When Roman's apartment is burned was a suprise for me.  Hopefully R* will keep the twists and turns under wraps.

Exactly. I won't be looking at anything GTA V related on the internet when the release gets near and until I finish the game. I can't risk it. Like a fool I ruined GTA IV for myself, huge mistake.

Shreddy Krueger

OP I can agree with your thinking. My own personal addition I'd make to that style of marketing is that they don't bother mentioning the game is in existence until a few months before its release. Telling fans "Hey guess what, we're developing the next instalment of your favourite franchise.. that's all for now!" and then saying next to NOTHING for a year+ would end up pissing me off more than get me excited. If R* used this method I'd prefer that in July they announce the game and then release it in October (should October be the actually month of release, that is, yada yada yada).

Just my two cents about that style of marketing.

I think that as soon as R* have announced the release date I will probaby stay off of the forum untill ive completed the storyline. I would be happy with no more info but I do want to know for sure that the "Ned Luke" character is or isnt the main protag.

Triple Vacuum Seal

It's kinda hard to spoil GTA just because what you do as the player is up to you. Only YOU know how to play YOUR GTA if you get my drift. I knew what happen before GTAIV at every turn and it was an amazing game. The story being a surprise IMO isn't that significant, as long as it's fun.