[Q] Using object opcodes on cars/peds?

fireguy109

I have a quick question and was hoping to find some help. I searched a bit but didn't find what I was looking for.

Is there any way to take a car, for example 0@, and more or less convert that handle to an object so that it can be thrown/pushed around using opcode 0381 and so other object-specific commands can be used? Furthermore, can the same be done with a ped? And after this is done, can the handle be converted back to a car/ped so other car and ped specific functions can be used?

I'm trying to create a sort of "Fus Ro Dah" effect to launch nearby peds and vehicles.

pkmTc.gif

I have a quick question and was hoping to find some help. I searched a bit but didn't find what I was looking for.

Is there any way to take a car, for example 0@, and more or less convert that handle to an object so that it can be thrown/pushed around using opcode 0381 and so other object-specific commands can be used? Furthermore, can the same be done with a ped? And after this is done, can the handle be converted back to a car/ped so other car and ped specific functions can be used?

I'm trying to create a sort of "Fus Ro Dah" effect to launch nearby peds and vehicles.

to convert? i don't think so

the equivalent codes of 0381

for car is 07D5:

for ped is 083C:

but objects can have different behaviors depending to the settings in object.dat. Objects without entry in object.dat are static and undestructible.

In addition can you attach cars or peds to an object and then use 0381.

Edited by ZAZ

Aye, but as always I'm coding the old and outdated GTA III and as such the opcodes won't work. sad.gif

If there's anyone who would know how to do it it would be you, so I'm guessing it would be pretty much impossible without using memory addresses or some such, and the GTA 3 ones are of course way different than the SA ones.

But thank you for your help anyways. smile.gif

=

Although, what if I put a tiny object on the car with an small offset and then threw that object? Would the car move as well?

pkmTc.gif