What will get bought the most?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What will get bought the most?

• GTA V
    • Halo 4
    • Call of Duty 9
    • Other

fridaynightscream

Three of some of the biggest video game sagas are getting new entries this year. We got GTA V which we don't know when it's getting released, or if it's getting released this year at all. There's Halo 4 which is a huge huge series. And whatever Call of Duty game is coming out. I think Halo 4 will be in first, and it's most likely GTA V will come in seconded, but there still are a lot of people who like the COD series. I think Halo 4 will be getting the most hits because

A. The last game in terms of timeline is Halo 3.

B. People have been wanting a Halo 4 since Halo 3 came out in 2007 because

C. Halo 3 ended with a huge cliffhanger.

Though GTA V could get the most hits because

A. The last Grand Theft Auto game came out early 2008, almost 4 years ago.

B. It takes place in San Andreas.

C. Rockstar has said that's it's their biggest and craziest they have ever made.

But Call of Duty 9 could still win cause

A. A lot of kids play them, even though they should not be. Usually when kids like something it gets high sales. I mean Scream 4 was a movie which teens and adults wanted to see for 10 years and the movie had a lot of hype, but it lost opening weekend to a 3D kid movie called Rio. I know, a movie about a talking bird in 3D beat a movie hyped movie for 10 years. I also forgot to mention a lot of kids like Halo too,

B. There is still the teen and adult players.

Even though I like all 3 game sagas, I want either GTA V or Halo 4 to win. Though afraid the kids will rise. If Call of Duty 9 wins, we can switch "The Dark Knight Rises" with "The COD fankid Rises" What do you think?

Most purchased? Probably COD, although GTA is the only one I will buy. I can't stand Halo and COD is stale now.

Harwood Butch3r

I have moved the thread into gaming chat as it's not really GTA V specific.

I think COD is losing more and more people every year. My friends finally realized how much it sucked when MW3 came out. And a few of em finally bought GTA4.

MIKON8ERISBACK

It's gonna be GTA V for sure! Halo and Call of Duty are just a group of repetitive annualized franchises. No new textures, no new experimentation with new gameplay styles, just one over rushed and under detailed storyline. Grand Theft Auto is better in this way, every era there's a new group of consoles with new capabilities to experiment with, new universes, settings, and even gameplay programming techniques. Grand Theft Auto emphasizes quality over quantity.

I am psyched as hell for Halo 4 and obviously GTA V too, so I'll be getting both of those bad boys when they come out. I don't really know which of those games will sell the most though since they're all big names. But I'll be happy if either of the two take a massive sales dookie on COD.

I voted Halo. I just think it will sell big.

I'd say both Halo and GTA V will sell a lot. I don't anticipate CoD to get as bought as V.

People kept playing Halo after the 2nd one? wink.gif

Well of course.

H2 ended with that cliffhanger and some of us are fans of the mythos.

Although, I only play the numbered games (Halo - Halo 3). I don't bother with the spin-offs like ODST and Reach, although I would love to play Reach if I had an Eckzbawzz

What morons voted for Halo? It's not even cross-platform. CoD is the only real contender but I have a hunch V will beat it. The gaming world has been waiting for V for nearly 5 years; it's gonna break all sales records.

Meh, Call of Duty will probably take the title of 'Most Purchased' because that's what the cool kids play these days.

Which one would I be getting though? Ass Effect 3 duh.

Are people waking up to the fact that the CoD series is the same sh*t every year?

I vote for GTA V. And Oh Look it has the most votes!

I know CoD will throw some hype out there as well. Not sure about Halo 4.

There is a lot of games I am anticipating at the moment. But in this poll GTA V is the only one.

It's gonna be GTA V for sure! Halo and Call of Duty are just a group of repetitive annualized franchises. No new textures, no new experimentation with new gameplay styles, just one over rushed and under detailed storyline. Grand Theft Auto is better in this way, every era there's a new group of consoles with new capabilities to experiment with, new universes, settings, and even gameplay programming techniques. Grand Theft Auto emphasizes quality over quantity.

You think Halo is repetitive, and "rushed"? lol. cod I get tho.

But in terms of which will sale the most, I have to go with Call of Duty, it keeps breaking records over & over, so I can't see them not doing it this year again.

GTA V has a big chance to pass them, but nahh I can't see that happen this time.

Halo 4 will go last of these 3.

- Call of Duty

- GTA V

- Halo 4

Yes CoD is the same sh*t every year, but thats how the CoD fans like it.

All we want are a new maps, weapons and tweaks to the current features. CoD is like Madden/Fifa in not just the way its released every year but because its become like a sport of such and with that you don't make radical changes to the formula. They also keep the framerate at 60FPS so until the next gen we won't see a massive change in graphics.

People who moan about CoD really f*ck me off, don't buy it and let people who play it online competitively enjoy it.

user posted image

I'm a realist. I want V to sell the most but CoD is more known and more mainstream which realistically means it'll probably sell more confused.gif

Finn 7 five 11
What morons voted for Halo? It's not even cross-platform. CoD is the only real contender but I have a hunch V will beat it. The gaming world has been waiting for V for nearly 5 years; it's gonna break all sales records.

Stop skewing numbers please, since IV was released that was not even quite four years, by your logic they have waited three years.

Besides the episodes came out in late 2009 early 2010, so the word has not been waiting 5 years.

--

Halo is not cross-platform, it is not a contender, COD i believe it starting to go downhill, unless more 12 year olds are just getting into it? Because the circles of friends i move around, we all used to play COD and now we have all given it up.

I say GTA V.

Halo is exclusive to one system so its total number will be severely low compared to multi-system releases.

Call Of Duty while it still sold a lot I think at this point we have reached diminishing returns on what can be done with its tech and nothing drastic will change until the next generation.

GTA V will the next major release for GTA since IV in '08. A lot of eager fans waiting.

Though if there is no PC version of V at release, CoD may edge it out.

#1 - Grand Theft Auto V

#2 - Max Payne 3

#3 - Alan Wake's American Nightmare

#4 - Tomb Raider

#5 - Hitman: Absolution

#6 - Assassin's Creed III

#7 - Call Of Duty:________

#8 - Far Cry 3

#10 - Resident Evil 6

This are My Top 10 games, that will rule the year 2012, I know there are other great games like Mass Effect 3, The Last Of Us(2012-2013) or Devil May Cry.

It will be a close fight between GTA V and COD but Halo 4 is a 360 exclusive, it wont even come close to beating them 2 accross all platforms, GTA V will have most likeley 3 and COD will most likeley have 5 platforms, possibly 6 or even 7.

I would buy GTA V first,COD is probably another record this year but i don't think it will be much more.HALO is exclusive,and probably will be somewhere of GeOW 3 success.GTA V will be winner.

Halo has no chance to be the most sold out of these. Not only it's an exclusive, the previous game in the series (Reach) has been a disappointment to many fans. Plus, it won't be developed my Bungie but by 343i. I'm not saying it will be a bad game, just saying that it's quite predictable that Halo will take a wrong turn.

It's obvious that CoD9 will be well received by it's huge fanbase. I wouldn't be surprised if it'd reach sales as high as MW3, but I don't think the element of surprise coming from CoD isn't as high as from GTA V. GTAV is probably the most overhyped game right now, I can see it beating every other game in terms of sales.

Call of Duty X will obviously win sales-wise, but it's more than likely that GTA V will be much, much more acclaimed by fans and critics alike.

kzgN7qp.png

Vanilla Shake

Only games I'm really looking forward to are:

a.) Grand Theft Auto V (I was hoping for either Los Santos/Southern California or Vice City set in modern times and my Cali wish came true)

b.) Max Payne 3

c.) Madden NFL 13 (hopefully there are some vast improvements, though doubtful)

d.) Dead Space 3 (probably not happening for about 3-4 years, but I'm hooked on this series)

e.) Batman: Arkham City sequel (if there is one, that is)

That's it. Call of Duty has lost its appeal to me after beating MW3. I even sold Black Ops and sh*t (though I'm not getting rid of MW2 - cream of the crop for Call of Duty to me). Never liked Halo.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

My money is on GTA V. Because its the only one of the three that I'm going to buy. I'm biased.

vertical limit

So you go to a fan dedicated forum (gtaforums) and you say whether they will buy the next installment of GTA or halo and CoD?

Obviously GTA man.