Female Protagonist?

GTAVIViceCity

That means I have to pick up boy friends... Im not a gay...

You know... she could be a lesbian or bisexual so just choose whatever you like. Besides, real girl/boyfriends are for that purpose

Looking forward to the new Tomb Raider game. Also enjoyed playing as a female character in Saints Row The Third but don't want it in a Grand Theft Auto game.

No.

No.

No

No.

No smile.gif

No

No.

Ok, No.

colgate.gif

Fixed for ya. N0, never ever!

Agreed.

Maybe.

user posted image

[REDACTED]

Look if you don't stop with this f*cking sh*t I will f*cking kill you all angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

These female protag topics do usually end up descending into some kind of a flame war. Thankfully that hasn't happened here yet.

Some of the responses so far expose some quite sexist attitudes, which aren't really acceptable in today's modern society. It IS okay to express not wanting to play as a female character. But isn't necessary to resort to such sexist stereotypical language.

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing as a female protag.

Some issues exist in so far as women aren't typically as strong as men, so hauling drivers bodily out of their cars when carjacking might not look quite believable on screen. This could be got round if she were armed and forced drivers out at gunpoint (as Niko sometimes did in GTA:IV). Alternatively, an arm or wrist lock would be quite effective at making people do what she wants. This type of solution could then be extended to other areas in which she might be disadvantaged physically compared to a male protagonist.

One area I admit I might struggle with might be the dating feature. Having my female protag dating a bloke might be a little weird.

I do think that having a female lead might be a little experimental for Rockstar given the normal demographic for the game. It would possibly be best to try out the idea in an episode rather than a main release, and see what the response is like. But still, Rockstar do like to push boundaries, so they may surprise us all.

There won't be female protag. If there would, she must be pretty - who wants to play with an ugly girl? And if she's pretty, you'll end up watching her ass constantly, instead of the other elements of the game. This ain't Tomb Raider.

Like Meson1 I think I'll try and make a case for the female protagonist.

1. Although some females may not typically be as strong as females if you think about, they do generally do have bettwr skills in terms of independence, hence why males tend to lie making the kitchen and household jokes.

2. There are females out there who can do a lot of things that us guys can do, and (sadly for the sexist among us) look a lot better doing it too. An example being Gisele in Fast & Furious 5, or less known the character I played as in SR3 based on my gf, still able to most things that the male player would do, and for gun weilding and cutscenes, looking 5x better doing it.

3. For the sexist population out there; please realise that this is the 21st century, women do have more rights now and at the end of the day, like us they are humans and really should be treated likewise.

That's just my two pence tho

P.S. while I'm on, love you HT

Official General
That means I have to pick up boy friends... Im not a gay...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !! I was just laughin' hard when I read this LOL !!

No.

No.

No

No.

No smile.gif

No

No.

Ok, No.

colgate.gif

Fixed for ya. N0, never ever!

Agreed.

Maybe.

user posted image

[REDACTED]

Look if you don't stop with this f*cking sh*t I will f*cking kill you all angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

No

user posted image

I would be a huge slut. Screw the missions... pun I guess.

After that I would bore of f*cking and buying cloths and await GTA 6 for some testosterone.

Some serious ignorant ass people around here. Probably the pukes who were still in diapers when guys like me first joined.

Personally I'd like to see a female protagonist for one of the add-on episodes. It's the next logical step.

Some serious ignorant ass people around here. Probably the pukes who were still in diapers when guys like me first joined.

Personally I'd like to see a female protagonist for one of the add-on episodes. It's the next logical step.

So you are elite because of the date you joined? Whats wrong with people expresing their opinions that they dont want female protag?

It seems that some of you want to have toasters and plates as main weapons, good for you.

user posted image

Official General

I'm sorry but I feel compelled to attack you on this too. Just because those guys did'nt agree, it must mean they are immature and silly ? Come on, you are the one sounding like an oppressor now. People should feel free to express a choice on things without having to be labelled negatively as you are doing now. Ok you want female protags, but that don't make you high master of morality and equality.

Chill the f**k out man.

I'm perfectly chill. I take no issue with people having a different opinion than me, but there's a decent way to express an opinion and there's a rude, childish and immature way to express an opinion. I take issue with the people here who deem it necessary to rant about homosexuality or females as if any of it is a negative.

Does the date I joined make me superior? No, of course it doesn't, I only bring it up to illustrate the *possibility* that the posters making immature and nasty posts are younger than me. They very well could be the same age or even older, I don't know, which is why I said "probably".

Don't mistake my disgust toward the ignorant attitudes of some forum members as some form of oppression of their opinions, that just isn't the case.

Official General

I'm perfectly chill. I take no issue with people having a different opinion than me, but there's a decent way to express an opinion and there's a rude, childish and immature way to express an opinion. I take issue with the people here who deem it necessary to rant about homosexuality or females as if any of it is a negative.

Does the date I joined make me superior? No, of course it doesn't, I only bring it up to illustrate the *possibility* that the posters making immature and nasty posts are younger than me. They very well could be the same age or even older, I don't know, which is why I said "probably".

Don't mistake my disgust toward the ignorant attitudes of some forum members as some form of oppression of their opinions, that just isn't the case.

Well-written response, and I hear what you are saying, now I understand you much better. Peronsally though, I'd rather Rockstar stick to their original formulas, concerning protagonists.

Well, how about a gay man then? I mean let's not be politically incorrect here. He could date other men and suck em off in the game and stuff, and dress in womens clothes.

Or what about a transsexual? Nobody's tried that angle before.

Or maybe you could play as a dog, and everybody just pats you. At least PETA won't be upset.

Or how about this, you play as Allah, and you f*ck with those who don't pray to you? Will keep the Muslims happy.

But no, then we will be forgetting about the Christians and they will be upset, and the Ancient Greeks will be turning in their grave because Zues wasn't mentioned.

And what about midgets? Why is GTA so anti-midgets? I've never seen one, it's just wrong I tell you, wrong....aahhhhhhhhhh

rah.giffacedesk.giffacedesk.giffacedesk.gif

Well, how about a gay man then? I mean let's not be politically incorrect here. He could date other men and suck em off in the game and stuff, and dress in womens clothes.

Or maybe you could play as a dog, and everybody just pats you. At least PETA won't be upset.

Or how about this, you play as Allah, and you f*ck with those who don't pray to you? Will keep the Muslims happy.

But no, then we will be forgetting about the Christians and they will be upset, and the Ancient Greeks will be turning in their grave because Zues wasn't mentioned.

And what about midgets? Why is GTA so anti-midgets? I've never seen one, it's just wrong I tell you, wrong....aahhhhhhhhhh

rah.gif  facedesk.gif  facedesk.gif  facedesk.gif

I can't tell if you're being purposefully ironic or accidentally ignorant. If it's the former, bravo. If it's the latter...I don't know where to begin.

I can't tell if you're being purposefully ironic or accidentally ignorant. If it's the former, bravo. If it's the latter...I don't know where to begin.

I suggest you begin your search then.

I'll make this easier on you. The majority don't want a female protagonist. So, if we are going to please one minority, then what about the rest of them?

Edited by Lucky Sevens

I look forward to playing GTA V as a female protagonist like a motherf*cker. Wouldn't bother me one bit. Would really welcome the idea with open arms.

Seriously! I can't believe there aren't more perverts on this forum!

Not a pervert, Dick lol. I just have an open mind. I mean I enjoyed the earlier Tomb Raider games, loved playing as Nina, Xiayou, Chun Li (Thunder Thighs), Taki, Sophatia and Ivy in the Tekken/Soul Caliber/ Street Fighter games. Also, Zelda and Peach are some of my favorite characters to use in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Definitely played through SR 2 with a created female character, and will do so in SR 3. The same would run for a GTA game.

And let's not forget Resident Evil 2.

caprisig.jpg

I suggest you begin your search then.

I'll make this easier on you. The majority don't want a female protagonist. So, if we are going to please one minority, then what about the rest of them?

Fair enough, and I defer to the majority as well. Democracy in action, after all. I'd be fine playing as a female character, or a gay man character, or a gay woman character, or a transvestite midget, etc in an add-on/DLC. For the main game? No, I'm with everyone else, I want to play as a male character.

Edited by AxER

Maybe a girl protagonist would be great but im wondering about how her being a female would somehow affect the game... i mean, phisically it may be a case of making her 'butch' to carry off the persona of a gun-toting rent boy poppin gangsta chick!!! and her emotions also!!! i dont want to say much without coming across as naive or sexist but id love to see it... well lets just hope GTA V has female protagonists!! smile.gif

Maybe a girl protagonist would be great but im wondering about how her being a female would somehow affect the game... i mean, phisically it may be a case of making her 'butch' to carry off the persona of a gun-toting rent boy poppin gangsta chick!!! and her emotions also!!! i dont want to say much without coming across as naive or sexist but id love to see it... well lets just hope GTA V has female protagonists!! smile.gif

How about no...

user posted image

Cole Phelps Gta

I'd only like if. If she f*cked her worst enemy at the end to escape death/jail. If you want a female protag thats realistic she'll be f*cking every guy she can. Just like chicks do in real life

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER