Female Protagonist?

GTAVIViceCity

NikoBellicLovesHotpockets

Wow this topic will be locked soon enough thanks to some of the replies.

But honestly I would feel weird playing as a girl.

Yes girls play GTA.

But the majority of us are guys........

majority rules sadly.

I don't really have a problem with a female protagonist, but i believe there might be other unforseen elements that could detract from the GTA experience. I was only using the prostitute angle as an example. Just like it would feel awkward picking up hookers as a woman, which would just not feel right, there might be other things that would lose something. I could be wrong.

Hmmm I see what you mean, but I'd like to think most of us are passed that now. I can sympathize with you though. GTA III was censored here, so when I got VC (UK version) that was the first time I picked up hookers. I must admit I've done it a few times in GTA IV just out of curiosity considering it was slightly more graphic.

It probably would feel weird for a female, but it's not something that would ruin the game for me, but like I said R* would be better off trying it in a DLC pack first.

Then again maybe she has a liquor license or just loves to clean carpet. ph34r.gif

If they had the balls to have a Black Protagonist and that turned out to be the best GTA (in my book) it seems about time for a female. It's really not as deep as some of you are making it.

Don't you dare bring race into this, race and gender are not interchangeable. I'm surprised at how many people would accept a female protag, there are a lot of europeans here though so that might explain the leniency I guess

I say no.I know in this new age that women and men are equal, I agree women deserve as much as men, if not more, but in a video game revolved around crime a woman would just get takin advantage of, no matter what 'rank' they are. It wouldnt work Unless your a prostitute trying to cut ties from your pimp, which results in owed money and you run all through the city getting money from missions tryna pay back your freedom

Edited by NovaSix

I look forward to playing GTA V as a female protagonist like a motherf*cker. Wouldn't bother me one bit. Would really welcome the idea with open arms.

caprisig.jpg

Triple Vacuum Seal

why would someone want to be a woman?

But I would be fine with it as long as it's a choice between a woman and man protag for the player....otherwise it would ruin the game.

I just thought of this. What if you could make money by getting into cars that stop and honk for YOU? I guess it would keep the prostitute portion of the game alive, and even adding a twist.

No, i am NOT addicted to prostitution. lol.gif

I'm almost positive that rocks tar could pull it off, but personally it would just feel a little off to me. Ultimately I could probably get around that with a really good story line.

Official General

I would not want that at all. I probably would not buy the game if that was the case, and thats real coming from me.

I look forward to playing GTA V as a female protagonist like a motherf*cker. Wouldn't bother me one bit. Would really welcome the idea with open arms.

Seriously! I can't believe there aren't more perverts on this forum!

If we played GTA with a female protagonist we wouldn't be able to get hookers. It would not be cool to get gigolos. lol

Seriously! I can't believe there aren't more perverts on this forum!

no dude we're all perved out, we just want to degrade women though, not empower them

Female Protagonist? please, cleaning dishes is not considerd a mission....

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

No.

No.

No

No.

No smile.gif

No

No.

Ok, No.

colgate.gif

Fixed for ya. N0, never ever!

Agreed.

Maybe.

Probly.

ANTI-Joan Troll Crawford

HydraulicWaRiOr
No.

No.

No

No.

No smile.gif

No

No.

Ok, No.

colgate.gif

Fixed for ya. N0, never ever!

Agreed.

Maybe.

user posted image

[REDACTED]

GTAVIViceCity
Anything wrong with this topic?

Please use the Search Function next time.

I'm focusing on one gender and one character not multiple.

Anyways I believe having a female protagonist would be great for DLC like MiamiViceCity said earlier. Also, what's wrong with you people and prostitution. I picked up prostitutes at least 6 to 5 times in GTA IV and never touched it again. Females could hire a prostitute.. it would.. just... be different. I'm sure we are going to get a male protagonist in this game and I'm sure you guys would go nuts picking up prostitutes but DLC is something different.

HydraulicWaRiOr

I swear, everyone with their own little topic thinks theyre the most important person in the world sarcasm.gif

[REDACTED]

InvasivePlague

I say no.I know in this new age that women and men are equal, I agree women deserve as much as men, if not more, but in a video game revolved around crime a woman would just get takin advantage of, no matter what 'rank' they are. It wouldnt work Unless your a prostitute trying to cut ties from your pimp, which results in owed money and you run all through the city getting money from missions tryna pay back your freedom

you realize there are female mafia bosses right. independent news

Edited by InvasivePlague

UberChargedCJ

mercenaries 2 has a female protagonist named Jennifer Mui i might say yes to this idea cuz i want 2 protag's

StickyWickett

I got a good laugh out of all the replies in this topic, but in my honest opinion I'd be quite disappointed. I've grown up knowing the GTA protagonists to be male and switching to a female one now would be like getting your car swapped for a motorbike out of the blue after 10 years of driving. It would seem odd.

It probably would feel weird for a female, but it's not something that would ruin the game for me, but like I said R* would be better off trying it in a DLC pack first.

Then again maybe she has a liquor license or just loves to clean carpet. ph34r.gif

Back in Max Payne 2, we play as Mona in four levels - short and mixing, but it's truly a new experiment after getting tired of Max's appearance cool.gif Sure, GTA doesn't follow straight level processing like MP, so having DLC with female protagonist or selectable protagonist would be nice cool.gif

This has been discussed millions of times,

Sadly there wont be a female protagonist, It would be good to play as one in one of V's DLCs.

You can clearly see/hear the Protagonist isn't going to be a Female.

I think it might actually be time for a female protag. Especially if there are multiple protagonists. I do not understand the close mindedness of some people shouting sexist and misogynistic stupidities here. As long as the character is interesting and likeable and fits with the tone of the game. Think of Alyx from Half-Life, if she had a mission like finding Freeman she would not hesitate to do whatever was necessary. Like shooting cops and stealing cars (might be a bit tough for her but she'd pull through).