Female Protagonist?

GTAVIViceCity

GTAVIViceCity

If Grand Theft Auto V featured a female protagonist, would it make a difference to you?

Not everyone feels the same about a female lead in gaming, but should it really make a difference? In my opinion the gender of the character doesn’t enter our mind when playing games, in most cases, but some gamers feel gender has everything to do with the game especially when it’s as lawless and violent as GTA 5 is likely to be. It does amaze us that in these modern times some people feel a male gangster really matters in games, and collaboration with a female taking a backseat is the most some people want.

Yes it would make problem for me and this has been discussed numerous times, there are probably dozen topics on this subject and all of them get locked because of flaming debate.

user posted image

The stupidity of this forum is beyond my very limited understanding.

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

No thank you, I don't need a GTA game about kitchen adventures and leveling up in sandwich making skills

I don't care, the game will be badass with a woman or a man

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

Some of the replies in this topic... for real? Are you serious? Yeah because it would turn out like Tomb Raider! What an unsuccessful franchise! My god, the immaturity of some people here..

I would love to see a female protagonist!! colgate.gif I think she could be just as badass as any man could be! But I very much doubt that it will ever happen. Especially in GTA. Having Niko f*ck a hooker is one thing...how would a female protag pick up a hooker to have sex with? confused.gif Acutal, that part wouldn't matter to me. They could leave that part out or have two protags...one man one woman. But mainly, I would just love to see a woman blow up, whatever state she is in, just like Niko did, but not think twice about it. devil.gif I would soooo love to see that!!!! devil.gifinlove.gif

Edited by jlamay

The protagonit is Male. Its pretty much confirmed.. Anyway.. My only complaint about female protagonist is that i wont be able to take her seriously.. Unless they gave her a great personality.. But they wont.. If the protagonist is female they will probably make her look well.. Sexy because people wouldnt care about her personality.. I'm going to sum it up.. The protagonist is MALE (like always)

Mr Bubbleguts
The protagonit is Male. Its pretty much confirmed.. Anyway.. My only complaint about female protagonist is that i wont be able to take her seriously.. Unless they gave her a great personality.. But they wont.. If the protagonist is female they will probably make her look well.. Sexy because people wouldnt care about her personality.. I'm going to sum it up.. The protagonist is MALE (like always)

Butch lesbian female would make a good protag.

G1T

If there was a female protagonist you would lose control of the game every month, and she would go on a brutal rampage through the streets, for 5-8 days.

senor_huevos_benedicto

Well I didn't see a female who looked like a protagonist in the trailer.

If the protagonist was a female don't you think they'd be pushing that from the start?

Wow, a lot of sexism here lol.

If the story is good, I wouldn't care.

This goes for both male and female protags.

If the story is absolute sh*t (example: VCS. Oh god barf8bd.gif ), I wouldn't play.

It doesn't matter to me if the protag is a female or a male - it's still GTA.

female , never saw that in my life , what is that ?

nah it would be cool for me smile.gif

I got an awesome idea, what if the protagonist is dog?

Seriously, I got nothing against females or female protagonists in games, but I don't think it would fit in GTA.. it just won't.

If the story is absolute sh*t (example: VCS. Oh god barf8bd.gif ), I wouldn't play.

Awwww, c'mon VCS story for me was the best one, better than GTA IV and obviously better than SA.

OT: IDK a woman can do the same stuff so it would be really cool

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

imagine waiting for the trailer then when it starts you hear a girl saying

life is complicated i killed peopled smuggled people sold people perhaps here things will be different

I don't think GTA would ever take this direction. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with female protags but in a game like GTA they would probably be overly sexualized and have an unrealistic personality.

Nope, wouldn't work, I could see a doing missions for a female gangster, like one who doesn't get there hands dirty.

I don't know. For some reason I can't imagine playing GTA with a female protag, and I am female myself.

Idk, if it did ever happen I would still buy the game. It would just take some getting used to.

If the story is absolute sh*t (example: VCS. Oh god  barf8bd.gif ), I wouldn't play.

Awwww, c'mon VCS story for me was the best one, better than GTA IV and obviously better than SA.

OT: IDK a woman can do the same stuff so it would be really cool

haha, I remember playing it on my PSP and thinking that it's so annoying.

But that was way back in 2006 - when I was 14 lol.

Maybe my opinion'll change once I re-play it again icon14.gif

OT: Batman Arkham City is a good example of a female playable character. Catwoman has better agility and can get into places Batman can't.

It could be similar in GTA with certain side-missions exclusive to the female, or side-missions where a female would do better in!