How do i delete sounds from San Andreas folder?

h4mza

How can i delete all the sounds from GTA San Andreas, i need to do this to lower the memory of the game.

You don't have to delete anything to get better performance, just lower your graphics settings and resolution.

If you still have problems, then buy a new pc, because if it can't run SA after 6 years you got a problem.

You know deleting sounds what solve the problem right? If it runs laggy or slow, its all on your graphics card, ram and processor sir.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The game runs fine on my computer, i just want to delete sounds, anyone know how to do it?

Uninstall the game and when you reinstall let the game audio run from the DVD.

Note: Since what you have asked is a major alteration of the Game programming you should look for an answer in the Modding Forums.

In Your haste to post You must have missed the Bottom Main Menu choice for MODDING. And obviously the Banner lettering:

Modding questions belong in THE MODDING FORUMS! Where You click on the underlined words. icon14.gif that’s where You can find Players who ARE dedicated Modders, they can really give You some help! smile.gif

Be careful to post in the correct forum topic, as they can get persnickety about that.

Edited by lil weasel

File sharing is not permitted.

Poster wants to REMOVE the sound files to 'reduce' drive space. When installing the Game an option allows the sound files to remain on the Disc, to be played from the Disc.

That is as close as can be gotten without Modding the Game.

If however memory as refered to in the post is Game usage RAM then that's a whole 'nother story, which should be taken to the Modding Forum.

Poster wants to REMOVE the sound files to 'reduce' drive space. When installing the Game an option allows the sound files to remain on the Disc, to be played from the Disc.

I though VC was the only GTA that had that option? As with III and SA the Audio automatically gets installed to the install directory when installing the game...

But, anyway, why would anyone in their right mind want to remove the Sound files?-it doesn't make sense, imo. I mean, what do you want, a silent game with NO audio? Brings me to a new "You might be a redneck.." quote-"If you want to delete Sounds from a video game, you might be a redneck"-You have to have a knowledge of Blue Collar Comedy to get that one-lol tounge2.gif But, seriously, why would anyone in their right mind do that? Just curious? confused.gif

How about creating dummy files for radios and sounds using pdescobar's SAAT?