GTA History: Trailers and release date averages.

GTAknowledge

What do you guys think of past trailer and release dates and their relevance for GTA V?

Article:

GTA History: Announcements, trailers and release date patterns.

All the San Andreas and IV dates are in the article, but this is the averages:

Combined Averages (GTA San Andreas and GTA IV):

Time between trailers: 2.5 months.

Time between announcement and release: 1 year, 4 months.

Time between Trailer 1 and release: Around 10 months.

Predictions:

Announced (Official): October 25, 2011.

Trailers/Dates (Predictions):

Trailer 1 (Official): November 2, 2011.

Trailer 2: February / Early March 2012.

Trailer 3: July 2012.

Trailer 4: October 2012.

Released (Prediction): October/November 2012.

Logical assumptions?

Also, when does Rockstar generally announce the release date? smile.gif.

Hope you are right..

we need info soon.. getting very tired without any new info.. its very disappointing

Seems logical, the only difference is we got the announcement along side trailer 1, but October is still the best bet for release IMO

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I don't think there's much point trying to figure it out. Rockstar do not use a formula to release trailers and the game itself. When it happens, it happens.

To all people saying it's logical... no it's not! Nothing is logical when it comes to Rockstar! By looking at earlier release dates, time between trailers, time between announcement and release is not a bulletproof method to figure out when the next trailer is released. Sure, it doesn't hurt to look at previous trailer releases to find patterns, but in the end it won't matter. It's already been 90 days since the trailer was released. I still remember when people here on this forum were hoping for more information within 1 - 2 weeks. Well giddy up, it's been almost 13 weeks now. You simply can't look at previous patterns and be all excited, it will lead to disappointment.

For all I know we might not see a new trailer until April/May, but surely we will get some new information until then.

hard to say that the game will be released in this year. game looks very complex, my prediction is Feb/Mar 2013. of course, just idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Been quite on the forums so bumping this thread for more opinions.

Biggest wait so far between trailers was about 6 months. We are at 4.5 now.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Glad you made this topic.

Too many people on the forum forgetting the history of R* marketing habits. R* is unpredictable, but they have patterns nonetheless.

What's there to forget? For one, there's been a delay and all bets are off this gen of consoles!! For another, you newbs just joined!! hahaha

Triple Vacuum Seal

What's there to forget? For one, there's been a delay and all bets are off this gen of consoles!! For another, you newbs just joined!! hahaha

I hope weren't referring to me as a noob because I have been reading this forum for years, it wasn't until recently when I found that I have much to contribute the community, so I joined. I've played every GTA too so I'm far from a "noob".

Addressing "what's there to forget?", all of these theories on "no info until MP3 release" are utterly retarded and display no precedence. R* also doesn't show GTA trailers for games on consoles that aren't out yet and lots of people are saying this as well.

I was gone but back again, keeping in good graces with those in authority... half of them anyway, but I've been an ardent fan of GTA before I joined in 2003, that's my point, not joining in the last year, but I'll forgive ya if you put your GTA time in and RDR, I might add! hahaha

Triple Vacuum Seal

I was gone but back again, keeping in good graces with those in authority... half of them anyway, but I've been an ardent fan of GTA before I joined in 2003, that's my point, not joining in the last year, but I'll forgive ya if you put your GTA time in and RDR, I might add! hahaha

Yes. For a long stretch of time I found that I was coming here everyday, and might as well get some "authority" with these people and start getting credit for my time here.

A trailer will come soon in my opinion since GTA fans aren't as receptive to R* news outside of the GTA series as they could be if they got another trailer to somewhat satisfy the hunger. Not that they are submitting to the hostility, they just know their limits with consumer patience.

I've put my time in. It says 2011 but I started playing in 2001. It is what it is.

Yep, well, even in 2003, didn't take much effort to land here! Still, Vice City took off like gang-busters, and GTA3 was a major re-working from DMA to Rockstar, that's why the Housers get the credit they earned with the franchise

Triple Vacuum Seal
Yep, well, even in 2003, didn't take much effort to land here! Still, Vice City took off like gang-busters, and GTA3 was a major re-working from DMA to Rockstar, that's why the Housers get the credit they earned with the franchise

Don't mean to get off topic but Vice City was epic....if only I was a wealthy criminal in 1980s Florida

VC was really the release in fall of 2003 as I remember it, I came here to tell my tales of thwarting the locking of islands and how to do so in GTA 3!

GTA 3 - Release Date: October 22, 2001

Been out for awhile, but I must say....

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/grand-theft-auto-vice-city/

I had bought GTA 3 prior, but only played into it for a mission or so, rather then be consumed by it, VC followed it in much shorter order, and I think people expected that with this gen of consoles and games as well

Edited by Slamman

Locomotive1991

I hope you're right about a October/November release but really predicting when GTA V will be released is almost as bad as predicting when Guns N' Roses will release new material.

No way it will be another year off, there's just NO WAY! Have faith, friends!

Why do you think that; other than hope?

Why??? WHYYYYYY?!??!?! You are mad if you think a trailer last year means GTA is another 12 months away!

That's what's madness, The game should be released and previewed in a shorter time span then GTA IV, bottom line

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1211585p1.html

By last year do you mean three months. How long was it between IV's announcment and release?

Just read back for those precious articles on GTA's past, it's an eye opener into how Rockstar have evolved, as IGN was saying about Rockstar's improving track record, we can expect Max Payne to be a worthy continuance, and I believe GTA news will be VERY hot on it's heels

What timeline can we assume R* will take? From III to VC? Or from SA to IV? Or none of the above?

None of the above.. R* is just really unpredictable!!

I never expected a release date with the first trailer, that's really asking a lot, I do expect something akin to GTA IV, but on a sped up time line because if the whole of Euphoria and RAGE are working as they should, a game build would not take 4 plus years!