Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,289 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
darthYENIK

Arrested Development Returns!

ll rdny ll
What really pisses me off is that they didn't need to change anything. The cult following is what brought the show back, so just make it the same way.

But they did need to change it. They couldn't get all the actors together as many of them have very busy lifes now, so they had to work with their limitations. Remember the show finished 7 years ago.

The effort should have been made. I don't know what they're busy with these days, is their schedule really so packed they can only spare two days? I would've waited a year longer for a better made season.

Maybe it's just me the humour didn't land with, but you can't say the jokes are on par with the original series. And that's what really pissed me off.

I don't mean to offend you in any way. But, you remind me of my friend who got blackout drunk and watched before he went to sleep each night.

Yes, the humor was different, but the jokes were all there. The fact that the family broke apart, and barely see each other at all anymore is a big thing in this season. It would have been much stranger to have just jumped back in with everything all hunky-dory after the Season 3 finale.

I'm not going to say this season is flawless, the flashback to the aftermath of Lucille's escape, really bugs me. As does Seth Rogen imitating George Sr. And the Lucille episode really went nowhere, and was too punny for my tastes. But, all in all, it is at least on par with season 3.

Like I said before, if Season 4 began back at the model home, with all the family sitting around talking to each other it wouldn't have felt right, I think we needed to see these darker, and deeply broken sides of the characters, we had to witness each of them hitting rock bottom. We needed to know that, after everything they've done to each other, the family was what was holding each of them together, mentally.

On another note:

I think it's really, really genius that George Michael is stepping into George Sr's shoes, and Maeby, in a weird way, into Lucille's. This is going to play a big part in the coming seasons, I can almost guarantee it.

Tracksuit Hitman

After watching five or six episodes I can say without hesitation that this is going to be one of my top comedy TV shows. Got to say, G.O.B is my favourite character but of-course, everybody else is just as hilarious. Tobias makes me laugh a lot, too.

Saggy
What really pisses me off is that they didn't need to change anything. The cult following is what brought the show back, so just make it the same way.

But they did need to change it. They couldn't get all the actors together as many of them have very busy lifes now, so they had to work with their limitations. Remember the show finished 7 years ago.

The effort should have been made. I don't know what they're busy with these days, is their schedule really so packed they can only spare two days? I would've waited a year longer for a better made season.

Maybe it's just me the humour didn't land with, but you can't say the jokes are on par with the original series. And that's what really pissed me off.

I don't mean to offend you in any way. But, you remind me of my friend who got blackout drunk and watched before he went to sleep each night.

Yes, the humor was different, but the jokes were all there. The fact that the family broke apart, and barely see each other at all anymore is a big thing in this season. It would have been much stranger to have just jumped back in with everything all hunky-dory after the Season 3 finale.

I'm not going to say this season is flawless, the flashback to the aftermath of Lucille's escape, really bugs me. As does Seth Rogen imitating George Sr. And the Lucille episode really went nowhere, and was too punny for my tastes. But, all in all, it is at least on par with season 3.

Like I said before, if Season 4 began back at the model home, with all the family sitting around talking to each other it wouldn't have felt right, I think we needed to see these darker, and deeply broken sides of the characters, we had to witness each of them hitting rock bottom. We needed to know that, after everything they've done to each other, the family was what was holding each of them together, mentally.

On another note:

I think it's really, really genius that George Michael is stepping into George Sr's shoes, and Maeby, in a weird way, into Lucille's. This is going to play a big part in the coming seasons, I can almost guarantee it.

Seth Rogen as George Sr really bothered me a lot too. I can't really imagine a less believable young George Sr

I really think trying to compare this to the last seasons or something and saying it's different is just an excuse to not enjoy something, people do it a lot with other shows too. I think they actually did quite a bit to stay true to the overall style of comedy and writing, and personally I enjoyed the new format. I don't think that it was really intended to be shot as it was for TV, airing at a week-by-week basis. Considering the target audience of Netflix viewers, making something that had a ton of replay value, subtle stuff, etc. makes it stand out from the past seasons.

Harley

Seth Rogen as George Sr really bothered me a lot too.  I can't really imagine a less believable young George Sr

I really think trying to compare this to the last seasons or something and saying it's different is just an excuse to not enjoy something, people do it a lot with other shows too.  I think they actually did quite a bit to stay true to the overall style of comedy and writing, and personally I enjoyed the new format.  I don't think that it was really intended to be shot as it was for TV, airing at a week-by-week basis.  Considering the target audience of Netflix viewers, making something that had a ton of replay value, subtle stuff, etc. makes it stand out from the past seasons.

Oh I really wanted to enjoy it. I anticipated it being in the original seasons' shadow, but I was optimistic. It's great that you liked it and I'm not saying that you shouldn't, it just didn't sit with me though.

Maybe because I loved the three seasons so much it was easier for me to point out what I didn't like in the new one.

I didn't like Seth Rogen as George Sr either, I thought Kristen Wiig pulled off Lucille quite well though. But both were unnecessary and shameless marketing.

wat

Tracksuit Hitman

I missed the post where Seth Rogen as George Sr. was mentioned. Even though I've only very recently started the show I don't think I could handle Seth Rogen as being a believable George Sr. character for several obvious reasons. Jeffery Tambor has always put a smile on my face with a lot of his roles in different TV shows and some movies. Tambor did a great job with the role of George Sr. in my opinion and the switch to Seth Rogen seems a silly one which will probably be one that the directors will regret.

Lets see if he does any good, but sadly there's nothing but doubts in my mind.

Cutter De Blanc

I just read on facebook, the creator has recut season 4 into 22 episodes more along the same style as the original 3 seasons. It comes out on Friday, and season 5 is apparently coming soon too.

Candy_Licker
Posted (edited)

:panic: I think I just blued myself

Arrested Development :inlove: Hope it matches the previous brilliance. In season 4 they showed that they still have that spark of genius in them, just couldn't bring it on track due to schedule constrictions. really intrigued how the recut will look like. If they really managed to get all Blues interacting on screen again despite busy schedules, I'm certain it will be good.

But I hope they don't do too many "flashbacks" with other actors playing younger versions.

I'm just afraid it won't feel the same anymore since so much time has passed, especially with George Michael & Maebe as adults. Already felt wrong in season 4.

Edited by Candy_Licker

AreWomanMadeFromSand?

Happy cinco de cuatro!

Candy_Licker
Posted (edited)

Season 5 on May 29th :panic:

Edited by Candy_Licker

Halal Cyborg

Oh so there's a recut??

Damn I need to watch s4 again.

Look at all these parts!!!