Final Fantasy 8

Raindancer

I bought FF8 from the PSN store.... Bargain at £3.99! (even though I paid £30 from Ebay for the original discs and my bastard PS would not play them sad.gif )

I have played this game many times before (no cheats) I now want to concentrate on the fun side of FF8 and not waste months of my life drawing magic / searching for GFs.

I got myself a debug room save file from Gamefaqs which gives me all the GF's / Items / Magic & Cards.... perfect eh?

Well no! I want all the magic and GF's but don't want the Items and more importantly the cards, The card game was the main reason I bought the game and now that I have all the cards... it's kinda pointless to play the card game anymore.

So..... Any know of a save file set a the very beginning of the game with GF's and Magic, but no cards or items.

Raindancer_5.gif

If I remember correctly, don't you lose [some of] your cards if you lose a game? Perhaps you could purposefully lose them all? I'm not sure if this is even a viable option. In fact, I think there was a rule set that made you lose your entire deck in specific regions. I've not played it in years.

31805323.png

If I remember correctly, don't you lose [some of] your cards if you lose a game? Perhaps you could purposefully lose them all? I'm not sure if this is even a viable option. In fact, I think there was a rule set that made you lose your entire deck in specific regions. I've not played it in years.

Great minds! I thought the same thing, but I am worried if I loose all my cards... will the boss and GF cards appear later in the game as they should do?

Don't think anyone is going to know the answer to this... I will try it.

Raindancer_5.gif

Just play the game from the start and use a guide so you don't miss anything, such as GFs and stuff. You don't need all the magic, any you do need can be got while you're grinding up your party later on in the game.

Take your time in each area of the game and make sure you play as much triple triad as you can to get cards and surplus cards for creating weapons (it's possible to get Squall's Lionheart ultimate weapon on disk 1 through playing triple triad).

I've just reread the bit where you said "not have to draw magic" and such but I say do it anyway lol. The whole game is awesome and underrated and if I had bought a PS3 instead of a 360 I'd be on it right now probably. I never finished the game first time round cause my disk 3 was f*cked. One of my favourite ever games and I never finished it. Argh.

Sorry I couldn't help you out properly but enjoy FF8 anyway tounge.gif

Did you know there's an online triple triad game? Compete against other, human players and build a deck. They have hundreds of new cards and such, based on characters and monsters from other FF games. If you just want to play triple triad, check it out. http://www.ttadvance.ca/

user posted image