American Dad and GTA V

MiLoGlbc

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. I was watching the new episode of American Dad that came out on fox tonight, and I noticed a lot of GTA V references to the trailer. Two examples would be when roger (the alien) played with a golf ball that had the letter V.Similar to the way this speculated earlier logo looked like before the trailer came out.

user posted image

Every time they showed the ball, they would purposely center the ball with the V in the middle of the screen. So that all the attention would go to the ball .

Also there was a scene where Roger and Stan were involved in a wager, where if Stan won, Steve (his son) would stop working for Roger, as he was not learning the value of a hard earned dollar. Anyways the scene looked kinda like this Except with with Roger Stan and Steve in place of these guys.

user posted image

Furthermore, the whole episode had to do with the division of social class. They distinguished the difference between the rich (country club members) and the poor, the laborers that worked at the country club through out the episode.

I was lurking through gta wiki and I also found this:

"American Dad was a mission cut from Grand Theft Auto IV. Not much else is known about the mission. The name may have been inspired by the FOX comedy of the same name. " http://gta.wikia.com/American_Dad

For those of you that saw the episode tonight (I'm not sure if it airs outside of the U.S. as I live in the U.S. and I am honestly not sure), I was just wondering if you guys think this was an intended marketing ploy by Rockstar to put in a product placement ad on the show for the upcoming game. From the GTA Wiki page it leads me to believe that the houser brothers are fans of the show and may have contacted Seth McFarland and maybe worked in a hidden ad on the show.

Which also leads me to believe they might come out with new info soon. Maybe they were trying to subconsciously remind the audience of the game, as both GTA and American dad have a similar target audience. Please take it with a grain of salt, I just thought that it was a cool coincedance

Update, special thanks to BenDeR_ and aaronimpact for uploading the nessesary photos to refrence what I was talking about

user posted imageuser posted image

BenDeR_ and aaronimpact also pointed out that V was also all over that particular scene, and I completly missed all those other v's, two particular examples are the golf duffel bag and the car ornament

and aaronimpact's pic

user posted image

Edited by MiLoGlbc

Nice find cookie.gif

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

Well in the GTA V trailer he did say he wanted to be a dad like all the other dads...and the game is in america so he wants to be an American Dad lol. but i saw the episode and i don't think it has anything to do with GTA V...i could be wrong though.

Nice Find! But do you have a link to watch the episode.. Cuz i didn't watch it (i live in UK)

the episode should re-air on hulu.com sometime in the coming week.

you guys might also find the episode somewhere online the name of the episode is “Stanny Tendergrass” and its Season 7 Episode 9.

Edited by MiLoGlbc

Hmmm, I watched that episode tonight too and remember the part, I didn't think anything of it at the time. Got it on the PVR, I'll have to take a look at it later...

American Dad ftw.

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

If it's a GTA reference, it's nothing more than that - a reference. Seth Macfarlane jams references to Star Wars, Back to the Future, Two and a Half Men, Monty Python, whatever into Family Guy (the show is practically one big pop culture reference), but that doesn't mean he has a secret partnership with George Lucas/Robert Zemeckis/Charlie Sheen/John Cleese. It just means he can't come up with an original joke. *zing*

Good find, managed to take a picture of it for you guys so you can compare:

Good find, managed to take a picture of it for you guys so you can compare:

HA, that's pretty slick if it really is a reference...

I never watch those kind of shows, but happened to watch it tonight, and noticed that too. Figures the rare time I'd watch. I wonder if it actually means something?

What was the 'V' sounding name the alien guy pretended to be? I think it was Italian sounding. Could be some kind of nod.... probably not.

EDIT: He uses the name Mr. Vanderhill. I guess it's not Italian sounding, but it is with a 'V.'

user posted image

Edited by USAPatriot

I never watch those kind of shows, but happened to watch it tonight, and noticed that too. Figures the rare time I'd watch. I wonder if it actually means something?

What was the 'V' sounding name the alien guy pretended to be? I think it was Italian sounding. Could be some kind of nod.... probably not.

EDIT: He uses the name Mr. Vanderhill. I guess it's not Italian sounding, but it is with a 'V.'

user posted image

It's dutch.

My name is Kunta Kinte 9000, and you can Kunta-kiss my ass!

Nice Find! But do you have a link to watch the episode.. Cuz i didn't watch it (i live in UK)

Use xepisodes.com

Rogers persona in the episode was "Mr. Vanderhill".

There was even a "V" emblem on the cars grill.

user posted image

the episode should re-air on hulu.com sometime in the coming week.

you guys might also find the episode somewhere online the name of the episode is “Stanny Tendergrass” and its Season 7 Episode 9.

Nice find; I'm interested in this episode now!

so roger was playing a rich character named vanderhill ? and his car has a V on the bonnet - that obviously has nothing to do with GTA, was the golf ball belonging to roger also ? because if so again i doubt it has anything to do with GTA more a rich man's (alien's) personalisation of a golf ball.. tbh the v logo does look very similar, probably conincidense though

I am usually not the kind of person who will fall for these things, but other than the golf ball, there were definitely some similarities between the episode and the Grand Theft Auto V trailer.

Maybe I'm pushing it but:

user posted image

And why the hell are there so many V's everywhere? Just look at the red thingy:

user posted image

Your f*cking kidding me mother f*cking cock sucking sh*t licking sh*t-sucking dickhead f*ckface cock smoking mother f*cking asshole dirty twat f*ckin and suckin and touchin i

They're both on a golf course! uncanny

Calm down f*ckhead, there's the golfer and that panel in the back which do make the images look-alike. Maybe it's coincidencial but I just thought I'd share it.

i wouldnt be surprised - mcfarlane and co like to mock everything and anything, so they'd definitely do a reference or too.

Seems too subtle though. If Roger's "mr V" then that's gonna be it, and they probably just stole the font.

If family guy or american dad did any GTA reference, it'd be more likeyl to be more obvious, like someone stealing a car , or a cutaway gag imo.

Still you never know tounge.gif Definitely similarities between the two

If anyone could PM me a link to see the episode that'd be cool - the UK gets random episodes, and i dont think well see new ones for quite some time.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Seems too subtle though. If Roger's "mr V" then that's gonna be it, and they probably just stole the font.

exactly

I don't care about the US anyway.

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

Your f*cking kidding me mother f*cking cock sucking sh*t licking sh*t-sucking dickhead f*ckface cock smoking mother f*cking asshole dirty twat f*ckin and suckin and touchin i

wow, no need to bash the guy like this...

I hope saying this isn't against the rules, but I really hope you get banned for such foolishness

wow, no need to bash the guy like this...

I hope saying this isn't against the rules, but I really hope you get banned for such foolishness

Don't worry about it, a lot of people on here have 9 foot polls stuck up there asses and are constantly bashing other users on this forum. Haters will hate, I'm not really worried about what other people say on here. I just thought it was a cool coincidence and I wanted to share my thoughts with my fellow forum-ers. smile.gif

Nice find cookie.gif

this guy probably has been scouring his toilet once people have finished looking for V's. It isn't a good find, this guy is insane.

Calm down f*ckhead, there's the golfer and that panel in the back which do make the images look-alike. Maybe it's coincidencial but I just thought I'd share it.

That language is inappropriate. barf8bd.gif

I think it's pretty clear that Roger is the protagonist in GTA V. He was just doing a really good Ned Luke impersonation in the trailer.

izx6.jpg

I doubt that the American Dad developers even know what GTA V is. sarcasm.gif I wouldn't expect them to either, given R*s complete lack of marketing for the game.

G1T