I need help

Shiva.

I installed a software called Morp something it is used to convert our voice. During the installation, I got a message that (Cant remember properly) saying Microsoft .NET Framework must be restored...I dont remebr. I gave ok wih no knowledge. The installation got over and my Pc began to lag and all my games too. My GtA san andeas is my favourite it lags a lot. I think Net framewok is removed cuz I checked Local Disk C and the folder was empty. Please, help me. I need help. Is this due to the absence of Net framework? Or, any possible solution to gain the performance of my PC back?

friendly luggage

Yeah .NET framework is needed in most games so you're gonna have to re-install it. I think 3.5 will work ok for older games.

friendly luggage

Wait what operating system have you got? Try a system restore to a date before you installed morp.

Wait what operating system have you got? Try a system restore to a date before you installed morp.

Mines is an old PC and the OS is sadly XP. But, my games never laged. This happened afterr installing this sh*tty torrent software called MORPVox Junior.

I fear that if I do a restore then my Gta san andreas games and the DYOM files will be deleted. Is that gonna happen?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Its due to my net problem

Edited by shiva s

Some programs embed themselves fairly well into the OS to prevent cut and paste, others allow you to drag key saves to HDD stored in folders moved to USB drive from your desktop, as long as you have HARD COPY or backup programs, you can clear the troublesome HDD format, any and all issues to varying degree.

I have HDD issues of my own, and to try and save the COA when reformatting to correct, that's the scariest prospect, I think I have to contact Microsoft to confer before I wipe my drive, but one way to access corrupted data is daisy-chaining to a working drive, share the OS if possible, Home to Home, Pro to Pro

System Restore doesn't work for me because it wasn't backing up after key updates in the way I had assumed it would, it'd be better if you backed up with the OS Restore utility without being prompted, BEFORE trouble strikes!

This seems the only way to avoid finding out it fails the task when need be!

Should scan some files you invite to your HDD, this is the best thing, if possible, or research a program you have doubts about, Some AV software only works well when someone has already reported the Malware, discovered by that AV software, if it's not on a database they confer with, you become an unwitting target of Malware!

That's why you should use more then one FREE AV tool, MaxPC tested suites recently and still pegged Norton as the best (revamped in recent years from the ground up)

Windows ME introduced Sys Restore, and it seemed simpler and effective for me back then, but less so now, XP will be an OS standard for 10 more years, no fears!

Edited by Slamman

Hey, Man. I forgot to make a backup . Thats the biggest mistake I've done. But I don't get you fully. Do you want me to get a copy of the Framework softwaree from others?

Microsoft's .NET Framework, that I know of is not related to your personal data but rather bridging communication means online between all the assorted computers in CYBER SPACE, Since the differences demand a protocol much like a driver is used to add new hardware to your OS software locally

@Slamman

.NET Framework has nothing to do with "CYBER SPACE" (btw why did you use that term and why is it all caps?).

It's a library and support for several different programming languages.

@shiva s

You kind have to read Slamman's babble a few dozen times before it makes a lick of sense, and by that time your brain is mush which is properly why it makes sense after that.

You can get whatever version of .NET that you need directly from Microsoft, in fact that's the much preferred way to do it since you'll know the source is the right one.

@Wolf68k and Slamman I know you guys are trying to help me. BTw, I'll explain my problem again. I installed a unprotected software and during the installation, I recieved a message thaT .Net framework must be restored. Without any knowledge, I clicked next and as soon as the installation got over, my performance began to lag.while moving the mouse cursor, it freezes for a sceond sometimes. And my game lags like a hell. The name of that software is MorpVOX junior. I need your solutions. Please, those who're gonna help me , I'll never forget your help.

friendly luggage
@Wolf68k and Slamman I know you guys are trying to help me. BTw, I'll explain my problem again. I installed a unprotected software and during the installation, I recieved a message thaT .Net framework must be restored. Without any knowledge, I clicked next and as soon as the installation got over, my performance began to lag.while moving the mouse cursor, it freezes for a sceond sometimes. And my game lags like a hell. The name of that software is MorpVOX junior. I need your solutions. Please, those who're gonna help me , I'll never forget your help.

Uninstall that dodgy software, do a virus scan and then downlosd .net framework from microsoft.

Finn 7 five 11

That's why you should use more then one FREE AV tool, MaxPC tested suites recently and still pegged Norton as the best (revamped in recent years from the ground up)

Windows ME introduced Sys Restore, and it seemed simpler and effective for me back then, but less so now, XP will be an OS standard for 10 more years, no fears!

Norton is not the best, it works well for removing viruses, but it is still bloated and a resource hog, and also it is not free like you said "use more than one free AV tool" and then you mentioned norton.

If you use AV i recommend Microsoft security essentials, it is developed by microsoft for microsoft pc's therefore being free since you already purchased windows, on top of that use a spyware program if you like.

By the way i really doubt the 10 more years, maybe in slam world, but most ahve upgraded to the newer OS's.

You don't see us using windows 98, and 97% of people do not and that was true as of 4-5 years ago.

Edited by finn4life

I agree completely with finn4life. Norton was ok some many years ago but now it's bloatware.

MSE is good, as is Avira AntiVir and Avast. After some personal bad experiences with AVG slowing down systems, I tend to stay away from it, but everyone has their own tastes.

For a good anti-spyware, I stick with the following:

* SpywareBlaster this will help block your system from nasty things getting in, it however doesn't clean your system, it's just for immunization

* Spybot Search & Dystroy old yes, but still very good. Cleans the system and also has a very good immunization that adds a lot more sites to block, it also changes the host file something that SpywareBlaster doesn't do. Also while it is older I perfer version 1.6.2 (you can download it here), I've tried the newer 2.0 on another system and shouldn't could figure it out and I think it caused some other issues with IE.

* MalwareBytes another really good one to use, it only cleans things out it doesn't immunize.

* Windows Defender, it's free, it's from Microsoft, updated daily and does a pretty good job of real-time protection.

I use both Spybot and MalwareBytes because one will catch somethings the other will miss. Spybot (1.6.2 anyway) offers little in real-time protection other than TeaTimer which watches changes made to some areas of the registry. MalwareBytes does offer real-time protection but it'll cost about $25 for 1 system but that is a 1 time purchase and not a subscription.

As for the life span of XP; Microsoft's expected end of support date for all things XP is April 8, 2014. Source: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&C2=1173

XP a standard? No I think not. It might still be a standard in many work place systems but seeing as how we are not in the work place that part is moot. For the rest of the world the standard right now is Win7. A of right now 7 has a mainstream end of support dated of Jan. 13, 2015 with an as-of-yet no expected extended end of support date, however if you look at the lifecycle of XP you'll see it's about 10-15 years so you might expect the same for 7.

You can see the LifeCycle for Windows products here: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectwin

Side note: LOL at Windows 95 lifecycle notes "Buy Windows 7 now!"

Uninstall that dodgy software, do a virus scan and then downlosd .net framework from microsoft.

Mike who was a very apt Tech guy, he IT's for Microsoft infact, he offered me a .NET removal software tool, and perhaps you might want to keep CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) onhand, since it scans for removable files and offers tools on the side, like START UP menu edits and Registry cleaning, all FREE!!

By .Net dealing with CyberSpace (in CAPS!!) I mean it's not related to hardware specifics, as that impedes Networking, NET is really short for it's relation to Networking and specifically introduced in REWRITTEN form for MS' Server 2003 suite.

I'm just updating mine now, in fact, the home version of NET is not required, however, as MS and others use the software infrastructure for Web 2.0 basically, the more software you might want to use online will require your NET local software as part of Windows Update, there are several versions, Service Packs and Safety patches, so be aware, outside of anything else, .NET is a massive bunch of OS files added to the things you have cluttering your HDD space!

.NET has NOTHING to do with networking, the internet or CYBER SPACE!

Think of a house as a program. If programming language like C++ or even Visual Basic is what build the basic structure of the house then .NET is what put the final touches to the house to make it look good. Whether that house/program has anything to do with the networking/internet/CYBERSPACE is irrelevant.

He doesn't need a removal tool for .NET he ones for the crappy program he downloaded.

And "Mike", acting like you 2 are best friends and all, while I'm sure he could very well be working for M$ and good for him, but don't act like he offered you something that's all that special. A removal tool to uninstall .NET is easily found with a simple Google search. You can also uninstall it using 'Add/Remove Program' (XP) or 'Programs and Features' (Vista/7) which ever as the case maybe.

.Net is complicated as far as what I did to get a layman's take on it, so you weren't really making it easy to grasp either, but from my research, it involved looking up actual hard copy books on .NET at first, even Wiki on some more technical terminology. The Tool Mike / PCGuytech offered was not for a normal removal WORKING with Add or Remove from Windows, there was some SNAFU I encountered, on one computer that I had, this was also more then a year ago, so I'm just mentioning the better tool exists if you find it's causing more problems in some capacity

I still don't see how anyone can say it's a run solo, OFFLINE tool that stands on it's own as software, if so, then what can it do?

As far as I've seen, it's now packed with MS's OS, but it was like Silverlight early on and you didn't need it.

I was going to reference a .Net removal tool in case, like Flash, it can cause issues, and you merely reinstall the same after you "disinfect" corruption to your HDD files, as in most oft the case, your own used and stored files can break at times, and you merely go back to a source, hard copy or online to reinstall them, but personal data submission should be best safe guarded to a backup of sorts, any media, even an online storage solution is better then none.

I disagree that .Net isn't related to Networking, since NETWORKING is what everyone does connecting more then one computer, D'oh!

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/gett...-c-and-net.html

Note if you still think it's NOT related to Networking, which is my original intent in describing it, notice how many times WEB is used in describing what .NET Framework is used for, it's not to say anything that's NET or WEB bound can't operate on your computer's drive, but it's intent is far more WWW reaching, for Global device recognition

http://www.startvbdotnet.com/dotnet/dotnet.aspx

Edited by Slamman