music in background

Rjpro123

Theres has never been any music in fight scenes in past gta's, its not a big problem sure, there are many reasons why not to have it, but how sweet was the music in RDR while fighting. What are your thoughts

CryptReaperDorian

Honestly, I really don't want any ambient music in GTA games. I prefer the only music being on the radio, clubs, and other sources where music can come from. It never really fits GTA like it fits Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, f*cking country music was playing in the middle of f*cking nowhere after a key mission.

Yeah, would love some fistpumping music in the background, perhaps Reptile by Skrillex? Jump, jump, jump. Flawless Victory. Whoopie!

Nah, just kidding, but something that will make you look badass while knocking someone down to the floor.

I wouldn't like it. The way GTA sticks mostly to "source" music in the world is brilliant. There's nothing wrong with having a full musical score as in Red Dead Redemption or Bully but it's a different experience and I'd like GTA to stick with its own style.

In my opinion, I don't think background music isn't really needed in a game like Grand Theft Auto. The only reason why games such as Bully and Red Dead Redemption have full-on musical scores is because they don't have vehicles with in-game radio stations (licensed music) so they would have to compensate somehow. All Grand Theft Auto games have a licensed soundtrack and Grand Theft Auto V will no doubt be any different, so I don't think it would be needed and would be a waste (remembering that the audio generally takes up the most disk space for a game).

RE9mJnf.png

This is a touchy issue: on one hand, GTA has its formula now, and that shouldn't change outright. But music in missions SERIOUSLY adds to the ambience in other games.

The way I see it, the game should make increasingly frequent use of diagetic music ie. music that is being played live, in the world. An open window blaring an ironic song, unique to a specific mission, would be an example. I do however think that just once or twice, the game can play its theme tune or an appropriate variation thereof, over a very important cutscene or the beginning of a key mission. Say if R* wanted to foreshadow the game's main boss, they can have him/her whistle the theme tune briefly when you first meet them. Stuff like that.

Diffinently. However it shouldn't come on as soon i ground-tackle a random ped. but for the more dramatic mission fist-fights.

I do realize that Portal II is a linear-story videogame, but if you take a look at the audio-side of that game you realize how brilliant it really is and how much it offers to the gameplay.

That's a thing that Grand Theft Auto has always lacked. (However they always did a great job on the radio-soundstracks moto_whistle.gif )

universetwisters
Yeah, would love some fistpumping music in the background, perhaps Reptile by Skrillex? Jump, jump, jump. Flawless Victory. Whoopie!

Nah, just kidding, but something that will make you look badass while knocking someone down to the floor.

no. i dont want dubstep in gta at all, regardless of how its used. all of it sounds the same & lacks artistic license

OT: Maybe fighting music in missions, but i don't want it to come on if i bump into a pedestrian going walking down the street

sTgL5iS.png

Thank you all, because of all the brilliant posts I am convinced that gta should be different from other games even rdr ( which is the best game do far) gta 5 is going to be the best!!!!

no. i dont want dubstep in gta at all, regardless of how its used. all of it sounds the same & lacks artistic license

OT: Maybe fighting music in missions, but i don't want it to come on if i bump into a pedestrian going walking down the street

Robot sex while shooting a bunch of crooks?, f*ck no.

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Nobody wants to get their ass beat to a soundtrack and sh*t." - Dave Chappelle

No. But i would like it if there were more radios around outside of cars like on street corners, stores, and in your apartment that let you change stations.

Edited by Mikey_Navaja

InstantCClassic

No, this isn't Bully. There will not be any suspenseful background music playing as you're fighting.

senor_huevos_benedicto

I think it's fine the way it is - the backdrop noises of the city do a perfectly good job.

I think it's fine the way it is - the backdrop noises of the city do a perfectly good job.

^Pretty much exactly what I was gonna post.

No thanks. As it is now, I really enjoy the sounds effects during gunfights. Gunfire echoing off walls and bullet casings bouncing off the ground, as well as the other ambient sounds that happen within whichever location it's in. I do not want any of that to be drowned out by some random fight music. It may set the mood for some, but it would completely kill the vibe for me. GTA isn't like the other games, it does its own thing and it should continue to do so.

No, no, NO! Absolutely hated it in Mafia, it has no meaning and logical explanation whatsoever. What, is your character wearing an iPod? Are these hidden in bushes speakers blasting a tune? Talking about being realistic...

Distraction and a waste of resources. I used to wait until the music stopped in Mafia 1 and then proceeded to killing.