Fatal Error - Out of video memory

99AndrewD

Whenever I try to load up my game, it says "Fatal error out of video memory". I tried searching for this, but people seem to have this problem when they play around the game for a while, but mine crashes the second I open it, meaning that I can't even change the graphics or anything.

You should start by posting your PC specs.

This is what DxDiag said:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) Service Pack 3 (6000.vista_gdr.100218-0019)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS

System Model: AMILO Li 2735

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLM

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 2038MB RAM

Page File: 2442MB used, 1848MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

You have an on-board video card that isn't capable of running this game. You'll have to get a dedicated video card.

You do not meet the specification to play this game. You should try using an older game version, vanilla or patch one. Even if you do get it running, it won't run well.

You do not meet the specification to play this game. You should try using an older game version, vanilla or patch one. Even if you do get it running, it won't run well.

Then how DO I get the game running?

Is there anything that I can do (other than to get a new computer/graphics card)?

Edited by 99AndrewD

Is there anything that I can do (other than to get a new computer/graphics card)?

Since you are on a laptop, there is nothing you can do but to buy a new PC, as laptops cannot be upgraded, as the video cards are soldered in...

You can play GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas just fine, but not IV and later GTA's...So, play III, VC, and SA while you are saving to get a better computer...III is a good alternative to IV as it is set in the same city-Liberty City... tounge2.gif

Since you are on a laptop, there is nothing you can do but to buy a new PC, as laptops cannot be upgraded, as the video cards are soldered in...

FML.

Like I said, you can try using xliveless and then install various patch version (1 to 4) while trying to start the after each installation to see if it starts at all.

Like I said, you can try using xliveless and then install various patch version (1 to 4) while trying to start the after each installation to see if it starts at all.

No, the game WILL NOT start at all on a Intel 965 video card-especially on Vista, as I have an XP Pro machine with an Intel Centrino(Core2Duo) @2.0GHZ, 2GB DDR2 Ram, and an Intel GMA 965, and the game just shows a black screen and then crashes back to desktop....So, if it will not work on XP, I highly doubt it will work on Vista, as Vista is more of a resource hog...? confused.gif So, I have tested it on basically the same set-up the OP has-except I have XP Pro and 2.0GHZ processor, and OP has a 1.8 GHZ processor and Vista.. Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

Well here are some "good" news. Apparently, all I had to do was install the latest Windows Update, which seemed to improve the graphics card, since the game "works" now. Instead of me getting the "Out of video memory" message the second I start the game, whenever I start the game and after all the legal stuff, the second the cool music at the beginning begins to play, I get the famous "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: TEXP70

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver."

So am I still totally screwed?

Like I said,

sometimes, when you're on borderline specification, the game may run (not run well, just run, most of the times barely) if you find the right combination GPU driver/game version. For the very last time, whatever you do on that hardware, the game will not run in playable quality, even though that's subjective.

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem. The game worked very good, but i installed patch 1.0.7.0 and now i get this message when i enter the game.

My PC specs are the following:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Memory Type: GDDR3

Memory Size: 512 MB

CPU Specifications: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz

Mainboard Manufacturer: ECS

Model: 945GCT-M2

Memory Type: DDR2

Size: 3072 MBytes

I hope you can help me.