Theme Music?

SantosGTA

user posted image

In this thread we get down to business with the in's and out's of possible Grand Theft Auto Five Theme Songs!

First Lets start off with what we know about Los Santos and Real life LA.

In San Andreas, we saw LS as a gritty gang infested city. Home of various gangs such as Grove Street Families and The Ballas. When driving around you would see gang shoot outs and Turf wars. CJ was part of the Grove Street Families and you would be able to help him defend his territory.

However in the GTA V Trailer, We saw a more calm side of Modern LS. Much of the gang territory was gone and the game focused around recent times. Possibly anywhere between 2008 and 2012. The predicted protagonist a middle aged man seemed nothing like a person who would be in a LS Style gang.

San Andreas theme song was prefect for the gritty gang style of 1990s LS and fitted CJ Perfectly.

I wouldn't be surprised if R* when for a modern California Love Theme Song. Possibly Similar to what we saw as Midnight Club LA's Opening Theme.

Its up to you to decide what music you would like to hear when inserting the GTA V Disc.

Post links to music that would fit Modern LS and discuss what style of music R* will go for this time.

Links:

universetwisters

anything that isnt rap

that "gangsta ghetto" feel is starting to become a cliche around here

sTgL5iS.png

InstantCClassic

Well, we know that the theme/loading song needs to be more upbeat than GTA IV considering Los Santos isn't as depressing and dark as Liberty City. Michael Hunter nailed it with "Soviet Connection", it's only a matter of time until we hear the theme of Grand Theft Auto V.

But yes, no doubt in my mind that it will be upbeat and classy.

grope_4_that_date

I would say we already have one. cool.gif

-

grope_4_that_date

1:31 is my favorite part of the song.

I enjoy it too. It's amazing how Rockstar picks songs that represent their game so perfectly. I Ran, Jungle Fever, Pruit Igoe, and and Ogdens Nut Gone Flake will always remind me of GTA. I can't wait for the soundtrack. cool.gif

I might get laughed at for this, but.

I say it'd be pretty f*cking bad ass if the opening credit scene started with a car rolling into LS from the hills and it played the Green Hornet theme song, just showing the sites. (Might make a better second teaser trailer)

Ridicule me if you will.

Cole Phelps Gta

No one man should have ALL that power.

Edited by Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

That song was already used in Saints Row The Third. So no.....

user posted image

Hip Hop.

Edited by Sasuke Uchiha

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Oh, god, please no.

That song is ridiculously overused.

And not to mention the worst track kanye west has ever done. Seriously it's an awful mess.

senor_huevos_benedicto

The theme song of any GTA game has, and always will be, an original score.

InstantCClassic
The theme song of any GTA game has, and always will be, an original score.

Exactly.

senor_huevos_benedicto
Um... shouldn't the music in the trailer be the theme music?

Not if it's licensed music.

The only time the trailer music has been the theme music was Liberty City Stories, and that's because the music used in the trailer was also an original score produced in house.

Ogdens Nut Gone Flake by Small Faces or an awesome song for a reivented K-DST would be Fortunate Son by CCR

PacketOverload_x64bit

All of the Lights by Kanye West. The part about "I had to take him to that Ghetto University" fits perfectly.

• 2 months later...
zackryderwoo
1:31 is my favorite part of the song.

I enjoy it too. It's amazing how Rockstar picks songs that represent their game so perfectly. I Ran, Jungle Fever, Pruit Igoe, and and Ogdens Nut Gone Flake will always remind me of GTA. I can't wait for the soundtrack. cool.gif

Mine have always been Run to You, Welcome to the Jungle and King Ring. Its great how rockstar get these songs and make them associate with GTA so well.