Newspaper Reports

StockLoc

I believe there should be something like newspaper reports where whenever you kill a ped and you lose your wanted star level, the system generates the last known location of where you were into the newspaper,

Eg. The headline could be like "Suspect Escapes from Hove Beach" (the underlined is the generated area).

After your crimes are recorded on the newspaper, whenever a police officer sees you, you are either apprehended; or you are left alone depending on if the cop 'knows' who you are. Kind of like the 'Bounty' system on Red Dead Redemption.

It would be a nice touch but I don't think its completely necessary.

Harwood Butch3r

I don't mind it for significant kills, but not for random peds.

Maybe not a newspaper but most likely a news website that updates with relevant info. I am curious to know if and how R* will implement the internet in V.

I would like to have real news from real newspapers, that updates every day

Touche.

Not needed, but wouldn't mind if it was there. Any little feature they add like that is always good. icon14.gif.

It'd be pretty cool if after one of my rampages I'd later hear about it on the radio. But I'm not so sure about having a report every time I kill someone though. Perhaps after I've killed a certain amount of peds in a short time period or caused a significant amount of property damage would be better.

Just like radio, the Internet will update I've no doubt. Ever since GTA III as mentioned by vets before, the Internet would play a part in GTA and it just naturally evolved. There were always funny things to read, even in GTA III discarded papers on the ground had some comic Zombie Elvis IIRC

Doesn't Radio and internet do that in GTA?

It does, but only after certain missions. This thread's about having these reports for regular gameplay outside of the game's story mode.

grope_4_that_date

I enjoyed hearing things on the radio about Niko and the things he's done. I'd like to see more of that. It makes the city feel more alive.

I always get out of my car, or there's sonic distractions during the radio news breaks, so it's a hassle in some regard, but it's always funny to listen to, the newspapers/web aren't as fun a comic device as TV and radio of course