saving over a cheat save file, quick question

Riding shotgun

Riding shotgun

i just need to know if saving over a game file which has been cheated on will effect my non cheat save file. i know it is not serious, just want to know as i am going for 100%. biggrin.gif

No, it won't be affected. Cheats don't prevent you from reaching 100% anyway.

74cXSsx.png

No, it won't be affected. Cheats don't prevent you from reaching 100% anyway.

It doesn't? I thought cheats block achievements like 'One Man Army' for example, are achievements not included in that 100% ?

Wait - that's IV blush.gif

Riding shotgun

ok thank you guys. i always thought in SA that problem existed, that if you cheat and save ; 100% cannot be achieved. thanks again guys.

By design...no. However...if you activate a cheat which alters ped behavior in SA (most notably, the "pedestrian riot" cheatcode) and subsequently save the game, a late mission called "Madd Dogg" will be uncompletable without a cheating device (PS2) or savegame editor (PC) to prevent the character leaping to his death before you get a chance to save him.

Also, use of the "territory glitch" exploit in SA (such as flying out to sea for an extended length of time to increase the number of gangland territories) may make a couple of missions uncompletable ("Taxi Driver" & "Mike Toreno")...due to certian types of peds being prevented from appearing in the altered territories.

There are a couple of glitches which can prevent 100% completion in GTAIII:

Completion of storyline missions too far out-of-sequence can effectively "lock you out" of completing earlier missions...since a couple of them involve killing or otherwise losing affiliation with storyline employers. It's suggested that you complete employer mission strands fully (or as far as possible) before moving on to later employer's mission strands to avoid this possibility. The two instances that are known are allowing Asuka to become an employer (losing affiliation with Salvatore) before completion of other Mafia-related employers' strands (Luigi, Joey, Toni)...or killing Kenji in a Donald Love mission before completion of Kenji's strand.

The other problem which can prevent 100% completion in GTAIII is the "Purple Nines" savegame glitch. If the "New Game" option is used after that mission has been completed and saved on any previous save slot (even if it is overwritten later on), purple jacket-wearing gang members will refuse to spawn in the game for that save or any of it's daughter saves. This problem is easily avoided by just booting the game without the memory card in place (so a new game is automatically started and the carryover glitch is not transferred when saving).

Edited by Nukey Shay

My freind used the pedestrians riot cheat and in The Exchange the columbians always killed Maria, I had to laugh at him.

G1T