Xbox 720

SlickSpencer8

SlickSpencer8

user posted image

Article: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-...e-power-of-360/

It's pretty obvious that this a rumor. But I will be coming to the conclusion about it near the end.

As said by EGM there has been people that have been working on the new, what's supposedly being called the "Xbox 720". As confirmed by Microsoft that they will be reveling details about the new 720 this summer. But they are saying the release date should be sometime in ”late October or early November of 2013" Which is kinda sad since we have been predicting or been asking if, that GTA V is going to come out for the next gen consoles. Unfortunately it does not look like they will and looks very realistic since with the high settings they are putting in. So what do you guys think all about this...?

And do you think that the Xbox 720 will be coming out like what they are saying? (”late October or early November of 2013") If not then explain your reasoning behind it.

Do you think they will put GTA V on the next generation console? Like they did with San Andreas and when they put it on the Xbox 360

put your feelings down below...

grope_4_that_date

Good read, but I think GTA5 will be released for XBOX360. The graphics and physics look too similar to the RAGE engine.

Good read, but I think GTA5 will be released for XBOX360. The graphics and physics look too similar to the RAGE engine.

Most likely, but it doesn't completely shut down the chance of a 720/PS4 port in the future. smile.gif

SlickSpencer8
Good read, The graphics and physics look too similar to the RAGE engine.

Thanks, I put more effort into this topic out of my others! But I have to agree with you because it does all look to similar with GTA IV and the engine and how the trailer came out and some videos I watched a while back said that R* confirmed they are using the same engine. I am not sure if this is entirely sure nor do I have proof but it all looks the same from GTA IV.

It's pretty obvious that this a rumor. But I will be coming to the conclusion about it near the end.

As said by EGM there has been people that have been working on the new, what's supposedly being called the "Xbox 720". As confirmed by Microsoft that they will be reveling details about the new 720 this summer. But they are saying the release date should be sometime in ”late October or early November of 2013" Which is kinda sad since we have been predicting or been asking if, that GTA V is going to come out for the next gen consoles. Unfortunately it does not look like they will and looks very realistic since with the high settings they are putting in. So what do you guys think all about this...?

And do you think that the Xbox 720 will be coming out like what they are saying? (”late October or early November of 2013") If not then explain your reasoning behind it.

Do you think they will put GTA V on the next generation console? Like they did with San Andreas and when they put it on the Xbox 360

put your feelings down below...[/center]

huh? the only people i saw predicting that was from xbox fans, and it was more wishful thinking that was quickly shot down by the next poster. If it does actually come out for 720, ps3 will have a long timed exclusive.

Edited by kb8618

SlickSpencer8
They would loose to much money, so no.

So they would lose to much money... suicidal.gif

But if you think about it, Microsoft is still making bunch of money from selling their consoles and the new Kinect. I think if they finish something like it should be and does more advertising and show that they are better then the new upcoming PS4 then I am sure they could make more money and beat it's competition.

Could you explain more... bored.gif

SlickSpencer8
huh? the only people i saw predicting that was from xbox fans and was more wishful thinking that was quickly shot down by the next poster. If it does actually come out for 720, ps3 will have a long timed exclusive.

Do you find necessary to quote it and stretch the forums...?

That may be true, but I think Xbox could sell more very quickly depending how much they sell it for cause we live in the 21st century and with kids and just people want more and more and I am sure the graphics would be amazing like they are saying 1080p and 3D.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Why would R* have been developing something since right after the release of IV, only to be released on an unconfirmed console?

Although a lot of rumors are implying that the next XBox console may come out within the next year I still don't think that has any relevance to the release of GTAV.

As we've known it's been in development for awhile, and the trailer indicates it still runs on current console hardware. With the way Red Dead Redemption looked I don't think that we need a next console release to make GTAV better, it's still going to blow minds just like GTAIV did (I believe that GTAIV is still one of the best looking games released to this day).

Besides they have a large stake in the PlayStation market as well, and not releasing it on PS3 would hurt their sales.

But I don't care either way I just want a friggin' simultaneous PC release with the consoles.

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

They would loose to much money, so no.

So they would lose to much money... suicidal.gif

But if you think about it, Microsoft is still making bunch of money from selling their consoles and the new Kinect. I think if they finish something like it should be and does more advertising and show that they are better then the new upcoming PS4 then I am sure they could make more money and beat it's competition.

Could you explain more... bored.gif

He means R* would loose Money. Microsoft would go about their regular business giving millions of dollars with handies for bullsh*t exclusive rights to stuff that doesn't even matter and, yes they would also loose some money, but not nearly enough to put a dent in their million dollar give aways.

And if the rumours are to be believed. Microsoft's gaming division will go under faster then the average person lasts during sex. Why? Because apparently the next box will not play used games. Doing something that stupid is basically committing corporate suicide.

Going even further on these rumors, MS will be focusing much, much more on the kinnect. And we all know how that will work out. Casual games out the Wazoo and MS becoming the Nintendo of the 8th generation.

And I still stand by my principles. No PS4 or Next Box until 2015 at the very earliest.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Why would R* have been developing something since right after the release of IV, only to be released on an unconfirmed console?

exactly right!, 360/ps3

ANTI-Joan Troll Crawford

leik oh em jeez!

V is for current gen consoles. Game developers will get developer kits for the 720 sometime around August.

If they are showing it off at E3 this year, but it won't go on sale until next year, I don't see how they would lose money...?

There would be enough time to build hype for the console (a year) which gives gamers enough time to sell their 360 or save money for it.

Finn 7 five 11

Most likely, but it doesn't completely shut down the chance of a 720/PS4 port in the future. smile.gif

There won't be a port, the next consoles will be backwards compatible i am sure.

Sony is using their SPE's which they specifically developed factories for, they are not going to drop them, and Xbox got their first Xbox right the first time, so it was able to be compatible with next gen consoles.

Besides, a port would still be the same, it's just on a newer console.

V is for current gen consoles. Game developers will get developer kits for the 720 sometime around August.

I read somewhere April...............

I heard late August.

ANTI-Joan Troll Crawford

leik oh em jeez!

I heard late August.

Regardless, GTA V has been in production for quite some time, proving it's being developed on current generation consoles.

720 wont be out until end 2015. developers will have dev tool available in 2013.

yeah, im wrong. of course it'll be out next year.

Well, I always say that there is a reason why right after the world premiere of the debut trailer a lot of people asked, if it is current gen...

Let's be honest people, IF it is current gen it'll look ridiculously good. Especially the scene where they're travelling and you can see the mountains behind em, looks pretty "next-gen" to me.

However, the only next-gen console it might be available for is the Wii U. Nothing special, just a multiplatform game just like Ghost Recon that will be available for the Wii U too.

This is possible.

I'd be outraged if it was. Personally GTA V should have been out by now, in my opinion, to think there will only be two GTA for 360 when there was 3 for the PS2 is a major let down.

I'd be outraged if it was. Personally GTA V should have been out by now, in my opinion, to think there will only be two GTA for 360 when there was 3 for the PS2 is a major let down.

Five, actually, if you were to count L.C.S. and V.C.S..

SlickSpencer8

To be quite honest I don't think R* would be working on the new GTA V right after IV. Reason being is because they had other games they had in mind like RDR, Max Pain, L.A Noire. I am sure they were discussing about it but I doubt they were going full into work until at least in 2010, or early 2011.

SlickSpencer8
However, the only next-gen console it might be available for is the Wii U. Nothing special, just a multiplatform game just like Ghost Recon that will be available for the Wii U too.

This is possible.

I am sorry, but I can't see GTA V being on a wii U with a movable controller. It just would not make and sense at all. GTA games are more just stand still while moving your thumbs and fingers...

user posted image

put your feelings down below...

I was about to be real nasty until I noticed you are a respectable fellow.

GTA V for Xbox 720? Why would Rockstar take such a risk when they've practically mastered the 360? Seems like a real sh*tty move to me. They can lose a lot! Plus, not everyone is going to go out and buy a new system for $700 dollars; in this economy? Rockstar would LOSE more than gain on a profit.

SlickSpencer8

I was about to be real nasty until I noticed you are a respectable fellow.

GTA V for Xbox 720? Why would Rockstar take such a risk when they've practically mastered the 360? Seems like a real sh*tty move to me. They can lose a lot! Plus, not everyone is going to go out and buy a new system for $700 dollars; in this economy? Rockstar would LOSE more than gain on a profit.

Like I said earlier, I don't think R* would lose that much if Xbox were to sell for $700. Cause if you read the article it says that Xbox might have up to 7000 GPU and 1080p. People would won't to go higher settings I would think. Than agian I am not a business man nor do I plan to be but this is just a topic and just going to see what people would think about it.

To be quite honest I don't think R* would be working on the new GTA V right after IV. Reason being is because they had other games they had in mind like RDR, Max Pain, L.A Noire. I am sure they were discussing about it but I doubt they were going full into work until at least in 2010, or early 2011.

You need to remember that there are different studios For Rockstar... While Agent is still under Rockstar North, and Rockstar North helping with RDR, they would not have a full team sitting around doing nothing. While there is no telling when GTAV began Full development, I am sure it has been worked on for years, more than likely 2008.

They would lose money because the console would have to start at a zero install base. GTA V would have to release near launch, since it's been in development for so long already. The 360 already has an install base, thus releasing on that would pretty much be more profitable no matter what. The Nextbox is not going to cost $700, that's just insanity. No-one will buy it at that price. And the 1080p rumors are probably bullsh*t, since MS seems to be focusing on the casual market and Kinect, and skimping on hardware this time round.

They would lose money because the console would have to start at a zero install base. GTA V would have to release near launch, since it's been in development for so long already. The 360 already has an install base, thus releasing on that would pretty much be more profitable no matter what. The Nextbox is not going to cost $700, that's just insanity. No-one will buy it at that price. And the 1080p rumors are probably bullsh*t, since MS seems to be focusing on the casual market and Kinect, and skimping on hardware this time round.

f*cking Kinect!

I can't stand that Wii wannabe (not too fond of Move either)!

If Nextbox is all about Kinect more than anything, I'll wait for ports!

$700 dollars was just a guestimate. Still; you want to go out and buy a new console when you have one right in front of you? Your not materilistic! Is graphics really that important? Give me 720px and more gameplay FEATURES! Content also makes or breaks a game! Too much emphasis on graphics these days!

http://gtaplace.hu/kepek/hirek/gtav/leigh-...ta-v-resume.png

This woman left R* North in 2009, so yes. R* have been working on V since GTA IV was released.