Free Roam features

NikoBellicLovesHotpockets

I just want to see what you guys have for ideas for V's free roam.

I mean it's an almost definite it will be in the game.

What I am hoping for is a lot of activities for everyone to come together on like in RDR. And maybe rival gang territories like land grab. Or hideouts! Oh! AND running trains. And ones you could actually maybe get on like in RDR. Not just sit in like IV.

RDR had a stellar free roam in MY opinion. I just hope they give more to do than they did with IV.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Those are actually some pretty good ideas. IV's freeroam was pretty much the only game mode that I played (except for GTA Race for helicopter dogfights), but there wasn't much to do besides shooting each other, racing, or just sitting around talking. Having a few group-oriented activities spread out across the map would be pretty damn cool.

The only fault with gang hideout type events in free roam for GTA V, would be for all the people who like to role play online. If they enter a certain area, and it quickly becomes a a shootout mission, that would not be good. That is my one worry.

The only fault with gang hideout type events in free roam for GTA V, would be for all the people who like to role play online. If they enter a certain area, and it quickly becomes a a shootout mission, that would not be good. That is my one worry.

That's true. Maybe they could be spaced out enough. Or an even better idea would be the option of turning it off in the game settings when you're the host.

InstantCClassic

One person said it in another thread, but how about in-game lobbies? Similar to the waiting room in RDR where players wait until the party leader selects a game type.

Like I always say.. it's called free mode for a reason...

If you want to grab land and have gangfights it aint freemode anymore. Everyone will feel the need to defend his territory. I know it would bother me if someone is grabbing 'my territory'. Even if there are people fighting and others don't even belong to a gang, it would be distracting.

Free mode means that there are no goals, there are no gangs, theres only a city to explore without restrictions or distractions. They could implement some nice activities, but it shouldn't be an other gamemode that sneaked into it.

Edit: maybe they could implement some smaller tasks. Like if you see a police car chasing a pedestrian car, you get points if you help them destroy it. The person who causes the most damage gets the points for leveling up. That way you create some smaller random side-events without a permanent shootout.

Edited by chuckberry04

If you want to grab land and have gangfights it aint freemode anymore. Everyone will feel the need to defend his territory. I know it would bother me if someone is grabbing 'my territory'. Even if there are people fighting and others don't even belong to a gang, it would be distracting.

Free mode means that there are no goals, there are no gangs, theres only a city to explore without restrictions or distractions. They could implement some nice activities, but it shouldn't be an other gamemode that sneaked into it.

Well what I mean is like the land grab minigame in RDR. There was a single post that you had to protect and whoever held it for the longest got some XP. It wasn't like it was anyone's by right. And it was up to you if you wanted to participate, the game just gave you a notification of what is going on..

InstantCClassic

Well what I mean is like the land grab minigame in RDR. There was a single post that you had to protect and whoever held it for the longest got some XP. It wasn't like it was anyone's by right. And it was up to you if you wanted to participate, the game just gave you a notification of what is going on..

It should still be a separate game mode though. I play free mode, you play land grab, he plays Cops 'N Crooks, she plays TDM, and the list goes on.

Really I'd love the ability to use a paintball gun. Shooting some one in the face over and over without them dyeing

InstantCClassic
Really I'd love the ability to use a paintball gun. Shooting some one in the face over and over without them dyeing

They should add that in the waiting room/lobby

It should still be a separate game mode though. I play free mode, you play land grab, he plays Cops 'N Crooks, she plays TDM, and the list goes on.

But it isn't even a forced thing. The world will be huge so you have plenty of room to stay away from that little minigame. The point of it is to just keep things fresh and fun in Free Roam. Give you something to do.

I didn't play RDR (yet), but what I mean is that people will feel the need to get involded. If that landgrabbing minigame only occurs at random times I guess it's ok for me, but otherwise you're not really free. Creating a mission of that kind in freemode would distract a lot of people from just driving and messing around.

(also take a look at the edit in my previous post, it gives an example of some small things they could do. If there are any sub-game modes they should just occur at random times, with a lot of time between them. I think they can add a lot of cool stuff in freemode without actually it being some kind of mission).

I didn't play RDR (yet), but what I mean is that people will feel the need to get involded. If that landgrabbing minigame only occurs at random times I guess it's ok for me, but otherwise you're not really free. Creating a mission of that kind in freemode would distract a lot of people from just driving and messing around.

(also take a look at the edit in my previous post, it gives an example of some small things they could do. If there are any sub-game modes they should just occur at random times, with a lot of time between them. I think they can add a lot of cool stuff in freemode without actually it being some kind of mission).

It is a completely random thing. The player's have the choice of activating it or not. and then if you want to drive around and ignore it, you can! No penalty. It's just a little game to get into if you get bored or you want a bit of XP or something.

But the idea of little small occurrences would be cool. Sort of like Vigilante missions in multiplayer.

Im an interior addict and I wouldnt want to constantly fight a place on a regular basis to get into a cool building.

Im an interior addict and I wouldnt want to constantly fight a place on a regular basis to get into a cool building.

Oh god yes. I hope there are tons of open interiors in free roam. But like I said maybe there could be an option for the host to just turn off the gang hideouts.

InstantCClassic

Oh god yes. I hope there are tons of open interiors in free roam. But like I said maybe there could be an option for the host to just turn off the gang hideouts.

The Majestic from GTA IV <3

Billy Benedict

dude trust me on this RDR free mode was cool. the land grabs, poker, and gang hideouts were there, but they were not intrusive. if someone was starting one, it would tell in a very unintrusive way. it would (briefly) advertise what others were doing, and it just really made you feel FREE to do just about whatever you want in free mode. you gotta play it. You will understand

I'm hoping they make money for leveling up, but you can go to in-game clothing stores to use it for the clothing you keep possibly weapon stores also. The money was useless and make it easier to get also.

dude trust me on this RDR free mode was cool. the land grabs, poker, and gang hideouts were there, but they were not intrusive. if someone was starting one, it would tell in a very unintrusive way. it would (briefly) advertise what others were doing, and it just really made you feel FREE to do just about whatever you want in free mode. you gotta play it. You will understand

Well I'm actually getting convinced with the info you and the topicstarter gave me biggrin.gif

Random events and non-intrusive sounds good.

Maybe they can make an option to turn it On or Off

ok im reloaded

I think clothing accesories are a MUST in GTA V!!!!! I want sombrero's, pimp hats, the works!!!!!

G1T

Hideouts like this would be cool, abandoned/taken over petrol station with a few mounted MG's and a Blackhawk for a getaway wow.gif

Edit: Image was massive and stretched page which i know is annoying for other users, here's the link instead:

http://i.imgur.com/Gggq1.jpg

Edited by Flashify

People will hate this, but I think the ability to own property would be cool. You would respawn there every time you die and you could upgrade it too. For instance, if you buy land in the city like a house, you can buy a sweet ass garage with lots of cars. Or if you buy a mansion, you can put a helipad out back. Or, this is my favorite, you can buy a piece of land in the country and build an airfield. These things would cost a lot of money of course, which you could get by robbing stores, banks, or other peoples land. Just imagine sneaking into someones mansion, stealin all of their sh*t, then getting away in their helicopter you jacked from their yard. Then they would want revenge and so on and so forth. I think this would be a great way to create constant action in the game.

One person said it in another thread, but how about in-game lobbies? Similar to the waiting room in RDR where players wait until the party leader selects a game type.

I said it. Just saying. Good ideas, hopefully more enterable buildings with the option of purchase i.e safehouse that is hidden. Would be cool to hide things in certain locations that you want to savour e.g a fast car or guns. Imagine the joy of finding someones stashed car behind a shop without them knowing only to pull up to them to kill them in their car lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

InstantCClassic

I said it. Just saying. Good ideas, hopefully more enterable buildings with the option of purchase i.e safehouse that is hidden. Would be cool to hide things in certain locations that you want to savour e.g a fast car or guns. Imagine the joy of finding someones stashed car behind a shop without them knowing only to pull up to them to kill them in their car lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ohh, well that was a great idea!! biggrin.gif

People will hate this, but I think the ability to own property would be cool. You would respawn there every time you die and you could upgrade it too. For instance, if you buy land in the city like a house, you can buy a sweet ass garage with lots of cars. Or if you buy a mansion, you can put a helipad out back. Or, this is my favorite, you can buy a piece of land in the country and build an airfield. These things would cost a lot of money of course, which you could get by robbing stores, banks, or other peoples land. Just imagine sneaking into someones mansion, stealin all of their sh*t, then getting away in their helicopter you jacked from their yard. Then they would want revenge and so on and so forth. I think this would be a great way to create constant action in the game.

That would be f*cking awesome.

But so much work on R*'s part. If they did however successfully put that in-game, I would personally love it so much.