Grove street and CJ

dansgas1000

I wondered what grove street would be like in GTA 5. Since its los santos and grove street is in it do you think i could change? Maybe CJ house is burnt down or something? Also maybe CJ could be a ped in GTA 5. What do you guys think?

I wondered what grove street would be like in GTA 5. Since its los santos and grove street is in it do you think i could change? Maybe CJ house is burnt down or something? Also maybe CJ could be a ped in GTA 5. What do you guys think?

I think they will have groove street and some graffiti in the area paying homage to gta sa.

There absolutely SHOULD be a grove street. Street names are RARELY changed, and there's no reason that the overall layout of Grove street should change. However, instead of single family homes, there should be a few empty lots and a project development. There should STILL be a cul de sac at the end where CJ's home was, but small multi family buildings there. It should show a big change from the CJ era. That's the type of throwback homage that should be sprinkled throughout the map. There should be moments where you find areas familiar from San Andreas.

I think maybe just a little reference to it. I don't think that it should look exactly like the original, but maybe just a totally different street that happens to have the same name.

G1T

GentlemanSquid

I doubt there will be a Grove Street. I think they are trying to leave the old series behind.

leik oh em jeez!

CJ doesn't exist in V just like Claude didn't exist in IV. We never saw any of the GTA III safe houses in IV, why would we see them in V?

CJ doesn't exist in V just like Claude didn't exist in IV. We never saw any of the GTA III safe houses in IV, why would we see them in V?

This is not really about specific people or house. Why would the street disappear completely? It should still exist, thhough it should also exhibit a visual change. You could revisit a street that you grew up in 30 years ago, and the street would still be there under the same name, but would most likely have undergone a drastic change. The house you grew up in no longer exists, and a building stands in it's place. I think it would be really cool to see the familiar cul de sac, except in a state of decay, or new buildings where the old houses stood. Homes go away, streets don't.

I'd be more for seeing Ganton and Grove St return. Over the years I've grown very sentimental towards those locations and it just wouldn't seem right to leave them out. They've become iconic to the ghetto side of LS for me. As for CJ though, maybe in the form of an Easter egg, but I wouldn't want to see him come back as an actual ped. Maybe have like one of the old gang tags from SA on a wall and have it signed by him or something.

leik oh em jeez!

This is not really about specific people or house. Why would the street disappear completely? It should still exist, thhough it should also exhibit a visual change. You could revisit a street that you grew up in 30 years ago, and the street would still be there under the same name, but would most likely have undergone a drastic change. The house you grew up in no longer exists, and a building stands in it's place. I think it would be really cool to see the familiar cul de sac, except in a state of decay, or new buildings where the old houses stood. Homes go away, streets don't.

Because this isn't the same Los Santos. None of the streets from GTA III made it into IV. The same concept carries over to V. Los Santos is going to be completely different. It's not just time that has changed, this isn't the same city. It just carries the same name.

As much as I'd love to have a GTAV packed with SA references, I don't think it would be a good idea. Perhaps a Grove Street hidden among the slums will be included, but obvious links to earlier games in the same setting would deprive V of any unanimous uniqueness.

Why would they, they didn't re-use any locations or characters from GTA III in GTA IV, why would they start now?

It will be the first thing I look for when I first start the game. I thought that house with the guy knocking a sign into his garden looked a little like grove street.

user posted image

user posted image

I started a new game in IV just the other day, and in the first safe house on the wall in the hallway it has all the names (or at least most) of past GTA protags. Claude being one of them.

DISCUSS!

leik oh em jeez!

I started a new game in IV just the other day, and in the first safe house on the wall in the hallway it has all the names (or at least most) of past GTA protags. Claude being one of them.

DISCUSS!

That was an easter egg to the older games. It's been discussed hundreds, if not thousands of times.

DISCUSS!

That was an easter egg to the older games. It's been discussed hundreds, if not thousands of times.

hundreds, if not thousands + 1

It will be the first thing I look for when I first start the game. I thought that house with the guy knocking a sign into his garden looked a little like grove street.

user posted image

user posted image

Holy sh*t!!! Great Scott! There are simularities and the buildings behind the houses seem to match up to in both screen shots!!! Here is a cookie.gif

R* comfirmed CJ and Niko

lol.gif

But I hope they're going to add some places from SA.

There will be NO Cj.

But rockstar might have a street with run down houses in the hood called grove st as a homage to GTA SA.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Eternal Moonshine
Why would they, they didn't re-use any locations or characters from GTA III in GTA IV, why would they start now?

I believe this time it's gonna be different. LC from IV was nothing like LC from III, but Los Santos looks really simmilar to it previous iteration. Some buildings look exactly the same, so it's safe to assume that also Grove Street will make a reappearance

Well, Grove Street is in Ganton, and Ganton is Compton. I'm almost sure Compton will be in the game, and if its still called Ganton, they'll probably have Grove Street too. CJ ain't goiing to be there though.

Edited by azali10

As people have stated a million times before, and for some reason forum goers can't get into their head, old characters/major locations will not be featured in GTAV just like in GTAIV.

Although I do have a feeling that there will more than likely be a homage to Grove Street, with the added inclusion of actual street names in GTAIV having one little cul-de-sac in the ghetto being called Grove Street would be a Rockstar thing to do.

You have to keep in mind that Francis International Airport was also in both Liberty City's of GTAIII and GTAIV, so having something small like one street named Grove Street sounds plausible.

CJ will NOT be in the game though, nor will the Johnson House. A house similar maybe, but that's about it.

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

user posted image

user posted image

Couldn't that be groove street? Look at how similar the two are?

Harwood Butch3r

I have no doubt there'll be a cul de sac somewhere in GTA V's version of Compton, but it wont be Grove Street IMO. LS is going to be a lot bigger and dense compared to LS in SA. Chances are street orientation are going to be alot different to the old LS.

-images snip-

I also thought that the house selling guy's house was a house in grove street. I think it looks like it's in grove street because of the background.

I'm pretty sure that they will put grove street in GTA V. Maybe even let us purchase The Johnsons House as a property/safehouse biggrin.gif.

user posted image

HydraulicWaRiOr

I concur, rabble rabble, rabble rabble rabble, rabble rabble? RABBLE! Rabble rabble rabble rabble, rabble rabbles...

user posted image

[REDACTED]