Violence/Blood System For GTA V

XTREME0235

Hey people.

So recently I've been thinking about the violence factor with GTA and how it could be improved on in some aspects for GTA V. I wanted to get your opinions on what we should expect to see with GTA V in terms of violence and graphical nature. In GTA IV we can clearly see that the blood system has been improved since their III era titles (III, VC, SA etc), and how you get a very basic blood splatter effect on things like buildings, vehicles and other miscellaneous objects in the world of GTA IV.

Now in L.A Noire we know that the blood effects yet again have been improved on quite dramatically, take note of the following images to see what I mean and compare them with GTA IV's blood effects.

user posted image

user posted image

Now obviously given that L.A Noire is another crime categorised game but instead the player is in the role of a detective and your goals are to figure crimes out and other stuff of that nature, we should expect the violence to have been stepped up a notch.

But what I want to know is what you guys think would be a good blood system for GTA V, should they step it up a notch to add to amazing game play or should they keep it at GTA IV level to avoid the title being banned in certain countries like Left For Dead 2 originally did, there obviously wouldn't be any decapitation (or would there?) but why would Rockstar risk it if you know what I mean.

Note: If this has been discussed by all means lock it. Please keep all immature comments to yourself (ie; In Before The Lock! Post This Here...) etc.

A Guy With A Minigun

Bring back GTA SA head blowing!. Though i fear there just going to recycle the bullet penetrations from IV and add more detail to wounds. Btw did someone explode in that car wtf?.

Edited by A Guy With A Minigun

Miniguns aren't so mini.

Aren't that pics preset in the game? You can't compare that to things you actually cause yourself ingame.

Beside that: let there be blood devil.gif

I think that the blood and wounds used in Red dead redemption was very nice, hope that they will use a even more detailed version of those in V!

Btw did someone explode in that car wtf?.

If you don't want spoilers dont read this.

It was a fraud case, and it was pigs blood to fake a death.

I think that the blood and wounds used in Red dead redemption was very nice, hope that they will use a even more detailed version of those in V!

This^ but for high power weapon like shot guns and sniper riffles I'd want the same carnage as Undead Nightmare where the head would fall apart. Though I enjoy IV I thought it was lame when you would pull a head shot and there was no damage at all to the npc model.

Aren't that pics preset in the game? You can't compare that to things you actually cause yourself ingame.

Yeah given that they may have been pre set situations (I saw may because I haven't played L.A Noire), just imagine that sort of effect in real time when shooting a pedestrian or enemy.

but for high power weapon like shot guns and sniper riffles I'd want the same carnage as Undead Nightmare where the head would fall apart.

This would be a great improvement in my honest opinion, the blood effects would vary depending on the weapon used. For a knife you would get basic body wounds like in IV and with a baseball bat the pedestrian/enemy would develop visual pre set bruising on the skin. But I personally wouldn't go as far as saying Rockstar would include body's exploding and body parts flying everywhere when a grenade has exploded under them, although it would be bloody amazing...no pun intended there.

The damage system in GTA4 is completely retarded. Team Fortress 2, a game that came out BEFORE gta4 has bodies that explode on impact when hit with a missle.

In gta4, explosives just make bodies fly around like theyre indestructable. Completely kills the realism. "Living breathing city" my ass.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

The damage system in GTA4 is completely retarded. Team Fortress 2, a game that came out BEFORE gta4 has bodies that explode on impact when hit with a missle.

In gta4, explosives just make bodies fly around like theyre indestructable. Completely kills the realism. "Living breathing city" my ass.

Well, Team Fortress is a cartoony piece of junk which isn't set in a realistic society. If they want even more political issues R* should certainly implement that into GTA V.

Off topic: can't we create a seperate thread for this guy where he can break down Rockstar all he wants?

Well, Team Fortress is a cartoony piece of junk which isn't set in a realistic society. If they want even more political issues R* should certainly implement that into GTA V.

Off topic: can't we create a seperate thread for this guy where he can break down Rockstar all he wants?

Rather than giving him his own forum, he should just be banned. It's a lot simpler.

Have you guys taken a look at Max Payne 3's ''damage system'' It looks awesome and it's even better that RDR's damage system. I definitely want that. P.S: I know this is off topic but why are curse words censored in a forum about a game where they are abundant? Makes no sense... dozingoff.gif

Screw that, Id rather watch them fly.. Euphoria + ragdoll is much more entertaining than just having a body explode....

grope_4_that_date

Blood stains on cars are fine, but nothing more. The game would get high ratings.

If you listen to the "tec documentarys" for max payn 3 they say they improved shooting and bullet impact from IV to RDR and now from RDR to max. So we can assume whatever the damage looks like in Max V will be the same or slightly improved. Personally I hope there is a focas on run and gun like mac with less stop and pop like in IV.

Max Payne 3's damage system looks great, like RDR's but slightly more graphic and realistic. Honestly though, I think a shotgun blast point blank to the face should obliterate it, it's not like it's never been done before.

Max Payne 3's damage system looks great, like RDR's but slightly more graphic and realistic. Honestly though, I think a shotgun blast point blank to the face should obliterate it, it's not like it's never been done before.

E.g. Call of Duty World at War

The gore made me a disturbing person

PassiveSurveillance

If done realistically, I don't think there should be a limit to the gore. If you repeatedly run over the same pedestrian, I don't see why their head shouldn't be caved into the concrete, broken arms and everything. If you shoot them with a shotgun point blank to the face, I want the face to be absolutely obliterated.

I know some/most people will disagree, but if it's realistic; why not?

If you watch the max Payne tec videos you can see the bullets ripong skin and smashing bone. They are keeping some of the more brutal impacts like point blank shotgun blasts a little under wraps untill you see it in game. But there is a shot of max shooting someone in the head with a degal and you can see a piece of the skull cave in and some brain pop or like in RDR undead nightmare. I won't be suprised to see the same level of gore in V, so a shotgun blast should turn someone's head into spagettie if you line it up.

OP: Those pics of L.A. Noire are preset, actually, in L.A noire there's not many innovation, the only stuff they added was the motionscan and that's all...

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

When a rocket hits someone, they don't just blow into chunks. They just fly up and there body is crisped.

user posted image

Bullet wounds like in RDR. icon14.gif Heads coming off like in earlier GTA. icon14.gif

Peds explode like Bloody Mess in Fallout. icon13.gif

If there's gonna be a gore system, which I doubt the RAGE engine can do, I want it to be realistic and simple, and could care less about gore. Although it would be f*cking hilarious if I ran somebody over with a van and blood and gore went everywhere and they started screaming really exaggerated like and loudly.

Harwood Butch3r

Screw that, Id rather watch them fly.. Euphoria + ragdoll is much more entertaining than just having a body explode....

Agreed. Watching someone get blown up into a million pieces is only fun for so long. However even after almost 4 years firing a rocket launcher into a group of peds in Star Junction and watching their bodies fly in every direction still brings a smile to my face.

It's more satisfying than the GTA III era actually.