Should we have Dierctor Commentary

dukee152

I think that it would be a really good idea for rockstar to include commentary in there game. The way I think it should work is when you beat the game you should be able to go into your phone and replay missions like in TBOGT and then we should have a directors commentary system that will work like portal. I think that this will help add some context and transperancy to the game.

That might be a nice idea, but it ain't gonna happen, sorry. The Houser's like to be all "mysterious" when it comes to what goes into their games, and a director's commentary would be too revealing of Rockstar's inner workings for their tastes.

A Video game is not DVD or LaserDisc, a passive Media Experience and the intent as expressed is that the Wizard of Oz in GTA and ROCKSTAR will remain behind the curtains!

grope_4_that_date

The trailer gave me a Goodfellas vibe. So, you never know. cool.gif

A Video game is not DVD or LaserDisc, a passive Media Experience and the intent as expressed is that the Wizard of Oz in GTA and ROCKSTAR will remain behind the curtains!

It's something valve have been doing for quite some time now.

But there is an article somewere were one of the Housers was saying something along the lines of "we don't like to give our techniques away because it loses the magic".

Basically saying if you know how they render the environment you wouldn't be as impressed or it will remove the immersion.

But it's not like any of us don't know it's a videogame, well most of us atleast.

It certainly spoils the magic trick, as Dan Houser even commented on the Black Magic they insist plays a part in content compression to the media discs! They have a sense that spoiling their game, even dropping previews, ruins the fun of actually playing it, but that whole Key to Liberty City contest did too, since people were on here all the time trying to ruin the game and give away spoilers, just watch the attendance drop from the FORUMS anywhere GTA related once that game comes out!

You'll see

It's also true that some people can't help but have it spoiled, they can't avoid opening their presents before Christmas (2012!)

It certainly spoils the magic trick, as Dan Houser even commented on the Black Magic they insist plays a part in content compression to the media discs! They have a sense that spoiling their game, even dropping previews, ruins the fun of actually playing it, but that whole Key to Liberty City contest did too, since people were on here all the time trying to ruin the game and give away spoilers, just watch the attendance drop from the FORUMS anywhere GTA related once that game comes out!

You'll see

It's also true that some people can't help but have it spoiled, they can't avoid opening their presents before Christmas (2012!)

You know, I still haven't finished my 30 hours achievement game.

I got to that early mission were you have to throw a brick through the window.

I doubt i'll ever get round to it now, what with SKyrim taking all my gaming time till V hits me in the face.

That will be some good pain. "I was an adventurer like you, until I took a GTA V to my face."

Point being, Yeah what a waste of an experiance to rush through it as fast as you can.

Wouldn't most people who done it first time had to skip all the cutscenes.

Edited by Chukkles