This or That Forum Game!

Vormek

Hello!

So it's been 82 days since the trailer and most of us are really anxious to see some new information about, what appears to be, a really great game! I personally am really hyped for GTA 5 and I'm positive that the game will be inredibly good, perhaps THE best GTA game ever. Rockstar has yet to let me down and I'm sure they will reveal more news about the game within the next few weeks. However, we've milked out every single information we can get out of the trailer and it seems like the forum is getting a bit dry. The "Screenshot Fun" thread was a nice thread to kill some time while we wait for the next piece of info but even that thread is practically dead by now. I got myself some huge laughs from that thread though. Really appreciate the effort you guys put into that thread by making hilarious pictures.

I'm creating this thread for the main purpose to kill some time while we wait for new information to emerge. It's a very simple forum game and most of you are familiar with it. It's called "This or That". This forum game will be restricted to GTA5 related material only!

Example:

Person A: Do you prefer one huge gigantic city or three smaller cities?

Person B: I prefer three smaller cities because I like how the atmosphere in the different cities are so different from each other and I like variance. (After answering the previous question, person B can now ask a new question which the next poster will answer)

------------------------------------------------

RULES! (Must be followed!!!)

* When you answer a question don't make it a short answer. It's very boring to see someone choosing one of the alternatives by simply writing one word. EXPLAIN WHY you chose that particular alternative. If someone asks you "Multiple protagonists or one main character?" DON'T answer with only one word by saying "Multiple protagonists". You must explain why you chose to answer the way you did. This way will make the thread more fun to read!

* You may not post as many times as you want. You have to wait for at least 5 more posts since your last one before you can post in this thread. I will repeat this. You must wait for at least FIVE more posts since your previous post before you can write in this thread again. If the thread is dying without much activity and you want to bring it up you are allowed to do this but you must wait 24 hours if you have posted in the last five posts.

* Keep the questions STRICTLY GTA5 related. I don't want to see any "Coca Cola or Pepsi" questions.

* You must choose between one alternative. If it's hard to choose and you don't know what to pick, simply don't post and wait for a new question. It's very boring to hear posts like "I don't know what to choose so I will skip your question". This is not the answer the previous poster wants to see. He asked a question and was hoping for a reply to see if someone was sharing the same opinion as him.

* It's pretty common that in forum games like these, two people are writing at the same time and are answering the same question. If your post came second and you answered the same question as the person above you, you must edit your post and answer the new question.

* Have fun! Don't argue with people if you don't agree with them. Simply ignore it.

---------------------------------------------------

OK, I will start!

Do you prefer one big city or three smaller cities?

Edited by Vormek

I prefer three smaller cities because I like how the atmosphere in the different cities are so different from each other and I like variance. biggrin.gif

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist! blush.gif

Okay, I'll be sensible now lol

My question is:

If you could only have one of the side missions returning from SA to do, which one would it be?

Edited by Mr Podge

^ That wasn't really a "this" or "that" question but I will answer it anyway.

I would love to see the racing missions returning to GTA5 from San Andreas. I just love racing in GTA5 and I love racing missions even though they are really hard sometimes. But I love a good 'ol challenge!

New question: If one character from previous GTA games would return to GTA 5, would you rather see Tommy Vercetti or CJ?

(Don't forget to explain WHY you chose that alternative!)

CJ, because even though tommy was ambitious and built to be leader, i didnt like 80s vibe so much like 90s gangbang theme, maybe it would be different in modern time, but if CJ return he would be in his late 40s or early 50s and tommy would be old and probably dead. In SA we saw rising of regular gangbanger to vicious government hitman and bussinesman who probably hold los santos and have businesses in las venturas and san fiero plus los santos is his hometown.

Wolud you rather have one or multiple protagonists?

user posted image

DemoniCreature

One protag. Many protagonists make it difficult to "fall in love" with them and the story.

If you could only have one of the next what would it be: a lot of flying machines (planes, helicopters, jetpacks, whatever) or a huge mountain that you could explore with your fully costumized jeep.

Answer.

A lot of aircraft related vehicles. You get more variety out of them then you do with one stationary mountain, but the mountain idea is very tempting.

Question.

If Rockstar were to add a form of squad to the games wanted system, would you rather have the Military as seen in Vice City or a SWAT division as seen in GTA IV?

Answer.

A lot of aircraft related vehicles. You get more variety out of them then you do with one stationary mountain, but the mountain idea is very tempting.

Question.

If Rockstar were to add a form of squad to the games wanted system, would you rather have the Military as seen in Vice City or a SWAT division as seen in GTA IV?

I would have the Military, as they have powerful vehicles like the tank to steal.

Question:

Would you want Rockstar to continue to implement the realistic feeling in GTA V or revert back to the cartoony way's of the GTAs before GTA IV?

Answer: Thats a hard one, but the old ways in the III days were amazing, so I am down with the cartoony ways.

Question: You would prefer to swim under water, or the only way to go under water was a sub? Which would you like?

Answer: Thats  a hard one, but the old ways in the III days were amazing, so I am down with the cartoony ways.

Question: You would prefer to swim under water, or the only way to go under water was a sub? Which would you like?

Answer: I prefer if we are able to swim under water

Question: which one do you prefer:

1- a middle aged protagonist

2- a young protagonist

A middle aged protagonist. I just don't think a 20 year old guy would fit in the game very well.

What are you expecting more, a great story or a lot of things to do, but not all that great of a story?

easy, a great story with tons to do.

which radio personality would you want in GTA IV:

Maurice Chavez from VCPR?

Or

Amy Sheckenhausen from K-chat?

Or

Andy! K-chat was the sh*t.

Would you rather have lots of exploring space with medium amount of city or all city and small exploring space?

Or

Andy! K-chat was the sh*t.

Would you rather have lots of exploring space with medium amount of city or all city and small exploring space?

Medium sized city with big countryside to explore. I like to balance the game play so you're not just stuck in one city but have the opportunity to explore places outside of the city which adds to the realism.

If you could choose between these two features in GTA 5, which would you choose?

Cops with improved AI or car modification? (This is a hard question so it'll be nice to see what alternative the next poster will choose)

senor_huevos_benedicto

Cops with improved AI - I've never been one for car modification.

Would you prefer to see beloved characters return or see a fresh range of characters?

Fresh range of characters, makes the game feel fresh, although i wouldnt mind a few cameos from previous games.

Would you prefer a GANGSTER (mafia) or a GANGSTA (Grove St, Ballas etc) style story?

Gangster (Mafia) would be my option. It just seems better in my opinion. Next question:

Would you like more vehicles (I'm talking like an enormous amount of all types of vehicles) or more vehicle customisation options (a lot of customisation) but less vehicles ?

i spose i would choose more cars cuz then there would be a chance that there would be less respawning, i hated seeing 10 taxi cars at traffic lights! and they could just have a basic mod for the cars

would u like a decent jail system which i have described b4 or the same boring sh*t

Edited by Alfabutt

hmm good question. cant i pick both?

According to the rules in the OP, you can't choose both and, since IceWolf has already answered that question, you should probably edit your post to answer IceWolf's question before people can answer yours.

Sargent Slaughter
i spose i would choose more cars cuz then there would be a chance that there would be less respawning, i hated seeing 10 taxi cars at traffic lights! and they could just have a basic mod for the cars

would u like a decent jail system which i have described b4 or the same boring sh*t

Going to jail is not as boring as not going to jail in your mind?

I'll keep it how it is thanks, unless its for a part of the story you go inside for 10 missions or so.

Aside from los santos, would you rather a large town, yet significantly smaller than LS to travel to, or multiple tiny villages like in the area surrounding LS in SA?

I'd defo prefer lots of varied small towns like in SA then just one large town/city. I just think it would add a whole load more variety to the places that you could visit and it would make exploring the countryside much more interesting if you actually had more than one destination to go to.

Would you rather that the map was one huge island with an endless sea like previous GTA's, or would you prefer R* to use physical boundary's like they did in RDR?

Tough, but probably prefer the physical boundaries for realism.

----

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

A LSPD Police Cruiser that is more modern like the Crown Vic, or a LSPD Police Buffalo?

A Buffalo because they look cooler tounge.gif

Would you rather have a smaller map but be able to go inside almost every building, or a larger map with few 'enterable' buildings?

Larger map with few enterable buildings. I can't fit an attack chopper inside an elevator.

Would you rather have more stealth features or better animations? (Odd question, yes, but the answer is going to be interesting.

For me it's got to be staelth.

Just for hiding from cops without them honing directly on me.

Would you prefer a Monster truck, or an RC car?

Sargent Slaughter
For me it's got to be staelth.

Just for hiding from cops without them honing directly on me.

Would you prefer a Monster truck, or an RC car?

Monster truck VC style for tearing up beaches and mountains.

Bring back the Cheetah Or the Stinger?

grope_4_that_date

Bring back the Cheetah or the Stinger?

Cheetah - they'll be plenty of other convertibles; no need for the Stinger.

Question: Would you rather play multiple characters throughout the story or just one?

Sargent Slaughter
Bring back the Cheetah or the Stinger?

Cheetah - they'll be plenty of other convertibles; no need for the Stinger.

Question: Would you rather play multiple characters throughout the story or just one?

Interesting question which I wall answer in a reasonable manner unlike most on here when discussing it dozingoff.gif

If we were to say start the game and be presented with a screen like this one from GTAEFLC then it could work.

user posted image

We had multiple playable characters in V, only we had the additional characters as DLC. It had to be the start of something, more than one story or journey through the same environment around the same time.

Will it be the same in V? Or will there be multiple stories included in the game, rather than being DLC?

I feel it could work, if the characters were separate and in separate circles like Niko, Johnny and Louis.

Sorry for the long answer.

recreational drugs or wild animals?

I would choose recreational drugs because it would be funny to see your character under the influence of drugs. I.e. doing cocaine would make your character fast but there would be consequences as well. Wild animals would be cool but there's no real benefit. Like in RDR, the coyotes pissed me off.

Would you rather have a fully customizable character or a an already made character?

senor_huevos_benedicto
I would choose recreational drugs because it would be funny to see your character under the influence of drugs. I.e. doing cocaine would make your character fast but there would be consequences as well. Wild animals would be cool but there's no real benefit. Like in RDR, the coyotes pissed me off.

Would you rather have a fully customizable character or a an already made character?

Definitely a pre-made character - with a customised character you lose so much character development it's unreal.

More city or more countryside?

grope_4_that_date

More city or more countryside?

I think it's more than just 'countryside' or 'city'; it all comes down to diversity. I'd like to feel I can escape from both. Red Dead Redemption captured this perfectly.

Question: this or that?