Police brutality

IllnessGTA

In Los Santos, there should be different types of police. The good ones, the normal ones, and then the bad ones.

The bad ones should be the ones who are located mostly at night, all drunk, and abusing their power.

In the streets at night, you should be seeing police officers talking drunk, beating people with batons and police cars out of control, and driving through traffic.

They might target YOU.

If you do a crime or such, they won't stop beating you, so you have to fight back against them.

You will have a camera with you, in game. If you take a picture of the cops abusing their power, and then send it to the police, you will get money for it.

These cops might see you doing this, so they will chase after you, and you will get the Brutal Star (only one star, which looks rusty, similar to the normal wanted stars).

Escaping them won't be hard, but if a normal cop sees you evading from them, you'll get a normal star.

Go to the downtown parts of Los Santos, and then you will find these bastards more at night.

senor_huevos_benedicto

Yeah I think that further police interactivity will come this time round - we'll see different squads, and maybe even play them to our advantage; do a robbery in a lenient area, set someone else up in a brutal area etc.

chuckberry04, Maybe he means, they won't bust you, but they will beat you up to death instead.

In GTA San Andreas for example, they beaten you up and when you lied on ground, you got busted. Maybe he wants to tell, that the corrupt cops may kick you while your on ground till your dead or you avoid them doing it (by standing up quickly somehow and kill them)

That's good idea about those different cops. Those Normal cops are getting boring. But the nights shouldnt be full of those cops... only some.

In Los Santos, there should be different types of police. The good ones, the normal ones, and then the bad ones.

The bad ones should be the ones who are located mostly at night, all drunk, and abusing their power.

Ah yes, because only the corrupt ones work the graveyard-shifts. Thats also how I always keep the good and bad cops apart in real life.

Ah yes, because only the corrupt ones work the graveyard-shifts. Thats also how I always keep the good and bad cops apart in real life.

Located MOSTLY at night. Read properly, dumbass.

Before calling me a dumbass you should rethink your reasoning as to why bad/corrupt cops would work "mostly at night". It makes no sense at all. Why wouldn't they be at work "mostly" during the day for that matter?

Before calling me a dumbass you should rethink your reasoning as to why bad/corrupt cops would work "mostly at night". It makes no sense at all. Why wouldn't they be at work "mostly" during the day for that matter?

Yes, brutal cops are during the day as well. But the drunk, idiotic police driver types are located at night.

As long as you don't get random stars out of nowhere. Remember what happened in First Blood part 1?

Mr Bubbleguts

In the streets at night, you should be seeing police officers talking drunk, beating people with batons and police cars out of control, and driving through traffic.

They might target YOU.

If you do a crime or such, they won't stop beating you, so you have to fight back against them.

You will have a camera with you, in game. If you take a picture of the cops abusing their power, and then send it to the police, you will get money for it.

These cops might see you doing this, so they will chase after you, and you will get the Brutal Star (only one star, which looks rusty, similar to the normal wanted stars).

Escaping them won't be hard, but if a normal cop sees you evading from them, you'll get a normal star.

Go to the downtown parts of Los Santos, and then you will find these bastards more at night.

Thats crazy there was a rumor a while back not trolling. One of the R* employees was apprently on a online poker match talking about news reporters coming after crimes are done and cameras etc being added to GTA V, and whoever it was also mentioned skateboards.

G1T

As long as you don't get random stars out of nowhere. Remember what happened in First Blood part 1?

Yeah, that'll be stupid. If you act normal, nothing will happen.

talking about news reporters coming after crimes are done and cameras etc being added to GTA V, and whoever it was also mentioned skateboards.

LOL these sounds just like the BETA SA rumors only the skateboard was true tho.....

I like this idea and it really fits in with the LAPDs horrible reputation, "brutal star" would be an awesome name too, reminds me of metalocalypse

This is one of the better ideas that have come up on this forum, which sadly, is mostly used to bash Rockstar. I LOVE it. Watching people being thrown to the ground and beaten up by rogue cops would be hilarious, and quite frankly, i'm SHOCKED it has'nt happened sooner. I like the idea of suddenly being targeted by random cops, as long as it's a rare occurence. Things are cool if they only happen on rare occasions.

tenpennyisplainevil
This is one of the better ideas that have come up on this forum, which sadly, is mostly used to bash Rockstar. I LOVE it. Watching people being thrown to the ground and beaten up by rogue cops would be hilarious, and quite frankly, i'm SHOCKED it has'nt happened sooner. I like the idea of suddenly being targeted by random cops, as long as it's a rare occurence. Things are cool if they only happen on rare occasions.

Go into any police garage in SA. There are two cops and a ped in a corner. The first cop points a gun at the ped and the ped puts his hands up, the other cop is beating him lol.gif

It would be fun to see this is random alleyways biggrin.gif

tenpennyisplainevil
Tenpenny and Pulaski's sons in the force lol.

They killed our daddies, so we avenge them by harassing random people biggrin.gif

Yeah, it shouldn't happen all the time. That'll be annoying.

Is'nt the L.A.P.D known for there brutality??

Edited by Alphonse_666

ANTI-Joan Troll Crawford

How about a few protesters being maced and beaten in front of some corporation building? Perhaps starting local riots? Perhaps you could start a riot by firebombing a store, it would certainly add a twist to the usual mayhem you can cause on your own.

SlickSpencer8

This topic is very disappointing. Police in all GTA's are treated like sh*t anyways. They can't shoot, drive, and there just a joke. I think there should be the good cops that actually know what they are doing and there not treated like crap cause R* seems not to like cops 95% of the time.

Located MOSTLY at night. Read properly, dumbass.

What a skewed vision of police. I agree with everything else but the camera. Apparently, someone doesn't like how police do their job! They use "necessary" force. Don't resist arrest next time!

Wannabe in LS

I'd expect Rockstar's treatment of police is a parody on those bad eggs who give American police officers negative stereotypes. The Chief Wiggum effect, if you will.

I do like this idea. A lot. In the hood areas, you could have a corrupt cop akin to Denzel Washington's character in Training Day. Throwing Snoop Dogs out of wheelchairs and shooting informants to cover up theft. Obviously you wouldn't see this level of detail, but walking past an alley and seeing a bad cop in action would be fun, especially if the cop had some lines such as "Keep walking if you don't want to sh** out your teeth".

The flip side would be good cops who help people or liaise with NPCs like beat officers would.

This topic is very disappointing. Police in all GTA's are treated like sh*t anyways. They can't shoot, drive, and there just a joke. I think there should be the good cops that actually know what they are doing and there not treated like crap cause R* seems not to like cops 95% of the time.

Glad I'm not the only pro-cop guy here! Look at the fanbase for GTA, Slick; there all pretty much right here! Police support is the minority however. I feel the same way, Slick. It gets annoying and monotnous knowing the polce department is corrupt and the police officers do not even stand up to actual police department standards.

However, the LSPD is based off of tge LAPD. One of the better police departments. They'll still be corrupt but hopefully less of them will. The idea of police brutality in SA was Rockstar pointing out the "Rodney King" incident, which lead to the LA riots, which is also depicted in SA. Bottom line, Rickstar pay attention to history, and in a "bastardized" version of LA, the police would act below a police department's standards and protocols.

Edited by SGT. Johnson