SURVEY FOR CORE GTA FANS

Toe

Hi Everyone,

I’m doing some research on action games and as a fan of action games, the first game which I thought of was the GTA series, and if anyone could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about GTA it would be great to hear from other core gamers of GTA. cool.gif

1. Which GTA is your favourite one (including DLC packs)?

2. What do you like about GTA?

3. How did you first get into playing GTA?

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

4. The characters in GTA usually have a history for violence, would GTA have less appeal if the character was a good guy with no history of violence?

5. Would You lose interest if you couldn’t do the following acts in GTA5.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

6. The GTA series has always improved due to the advancement of new formats, if the art style was realistic (real world textures, real physics etc.) would you enjoy GTA even more?

7. Can you name two other action games that you enjoy other than playing GTA (Playstion/Xbox games only)?

First off, this is probably better off in the Gta series chat........

but since I'm already here:

-San Andreas-

-It's so open and free. It's a shooter. It's a sandbox game. It's a driving game. It's everything!

-Word of mouth

4. The characters in GTA usually have a history for violence, would GTA have less appeal if the character was a good guy with no history of violence?

-No one can know for certain, I'm neutral.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

-YES!!!!!!

6. The GTA series has always improved due to the advancement of new formats, if the art style was realistic (real world textures, real physics etc.) would you enjoy GTA even more?

-Of course, who wouldn't`?

7. Can you name two other action games that you enjoy other than playing GTA (Playstion/Xbox games only)?

Call Of Duty series and LittleBigPlanet

L71cGcK.png

Buffalo Soldier

Vice City

That it's different from other games, you know what you're getting with GTA and there's alot to do. It's just the greatest game around, and it's very hard to find good games like GTA nowadays

My friends all started playing it, and I was at my friend's house one day and he stuck on GTA III.

No, it would make it more realistic.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

I wouldn't care about the prostitutes, I hate how people always go on about killing hookers when talking about GTA. No one even does that, but if they got rid of any other options there. Then yes, I would despise the game.

Maybe. But then again I prefer the PS2 games to the Current Gen games.

Red Dead Redemption and Mafia II.

Hi Everyone,

I’m doing some research on action games and as a fan of action games, the first game which I thought of was the GTA series, and if anyone could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about GTA it would be great to hear from other core gamers of GTA. cool.gif

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

1. The Lost and Damed

2. Open world experience, compelling storytelling, large amount of extra content( ads, radio dialoge, mini games. etc)

3.Demo. I heard of the game because of Word of Mouth, but it wasn't until i demoed the game and felt its experience that i knew that it offered something special i hadn't seen before.

4. GTA revolves around violence, but having a character with a history of violence or not would not effect its appel to me.

5. I would lose interest if one or all aspects were cut out only because it limits the freedom that the series is known for.

6. Yes

7.Elder Scrolls, Fallout series provide open world experiences.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

The freedom, and the storyline.

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

I don´t care

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

I would lose interest

Yes

Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Edited by C2H5OH

My name is Kunta Kinte 9000, and you can Kunta-kiss my ass!

Hydro_PlayboyX

GTA IV

realism, that its open world game

friend told me about it

not really

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

probably

game with real texture? i dont think it would look good

i dont own a console

-GTA VICE CITY

-I can steal other peoples car , kill anyone, and cause total mayhem!!

- Word of Mouth

-I wouldn't care.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

- YES CAUSE THATS WHAT MADE GTA FUN!

-Yes, I can cause even more total mayehm! >:)

Killzone 1 , Call of Duty Black ops

1- GTA:SA

2- Everything! (esp.The..FREEDOM!)

3- i saw my dad playing it, i was only 9 years old back then.. I'm 17 Now.

4- NO

5- YES! I would be really disappointed

6- YES!

7- Uncharted (series) , Mass Effect (series) , inFAMOUS (series)

Eternal Moonshine

1. San Andreas

2. I like the freedom

3. Word of mouth

4. It probably wouldn't be a problem

5. I'd wait for the next instalment hoping R* will get back to their senses before starting the development

6. I think they already use photo based textures, but yes. More realistic graphics and physics are always welcome

7. RDR, Skyrim

Edited by Eternal Moonshine

Hard to choose between IV and SA, but IV has to be because of all of the friends I met and the Multiplayer freemode was a playground.

The opportunity to do whatever you want! Cop, you can be! Criminal? You can be! Good Samaritan? You can, why the hell not!?

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

Word of mouth and commercial. that GTA 3 commercial was pretty catchy with everything!!

Now, thats open'd for discussion. But in short, as long as the protags history is rich, alongside his personality, it would not matter.

Kill innocent civilians- In deed, I would be VERY BORED

Pick up prostitutes- I could care less honestly.

Stealing cars- Its Grand Theft Auto, its the charge you get when you steal cars. Id be disappointed highly!

Shooting at cops- Id be one sad panda, cop killing is mad fun! (in the game)

I would not know, the GTAS in the end of my name means I love stunting, and I dont think i'd be bumping off curbs in a Yamaha in real life, as i could be making it high like in SA. But I do have a mixed opinion about it.

Can you count Gears of War series? Because I mainly play shooters.

Gtaplayaminigun

San Andreas

It's near complete, combination of a lot of genres.

Word of Mouth

Yes

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

Yeah, Obviously

Yes, but only if it didn't drop the fun factor.

I have never owned a console in my life but if I can mention the ones I play on PC,

Saints Row 2, Prototype.

Edited by Gtaplayaminigun

San Andreas

Everything really! There's such a variety of things to do, no other game can come close.

Word of mouth I guess. I first played GTA III at a mates house a few weeks after it came out and was hooked from then onwards, I have since played every GTA and DLC to date apart (with the exception of Chinatown wars) and indeed evrery game ever made by Rockstar (apart from that silly sounding Timbaland music thing they published).

I'd prefer it if the protagonist did have a violent history, but It wouldn't make a huge difference to me he/she didn't. What happens in the game is what matters to me most, not the backstory.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

Err yes, that's what the games are all about. GTA stand for Grand Theft Auto so not being able to steal cars would just be stupid.

Yes of course.

I love all sorts of games, but two that I'm really enjoying at the moment are "Just Cause 2" and "Saints Row the Third" (yes I know I'm prob going to get flamed for liking that last one lol)

Edited by Mr Podge

-GTA Sanandreas

- Do what i want.

- 10th bday got GTA3 new.

- Yes

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

- Yes.

- No. Its a game for a reason. Not real life in a box.

- Saints row

- Resident evil

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Hi Everyone,

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. I like the story and how it actually changes elements once you get far.

EXAMPLE- In like mission 20 you have everything, but then things go wrong.

3. My friend told me about GTA and i bought myself a Playstation just to try it out.

4. Vic Vance really didn't have a criminal background, seeingas he was in the Army.

5. Well those are the whole expects of the GTA series. So yeah.

6. It'll be a great improvement, imagine comparing III to the whole new GTA.

7. Batman Arkham City and Saints Row

user posted image

San Andreas

Freedom, exploration and action

I can home from school one day to find my Bro playing GTA 1

All of them?

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

Yes, if it was just a game were you walk around a city, I don't think i'd like it as much.

Not necesserily, GTA SA wasn't HD graphics but it kept me hooked for alot longer than any GTA before or since.

Assassins Creed series and Hitman series.

Hey guys,

I just want to say thanks to everyone for spending a few minutes answering the survey, there is some interesting feedback to analyse and it’s great to hear from guys who love video games.

Cheers

cool.gifcool.gif

Hi Everyone,

I’m doing some research on action games and as a fan of action games, the first game which I thought of was the GTA series, and if anyone could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about GTA it would be great to hear from other core gamers of GTA.  cool.gif

Word of mouth

Commercial /adverts

Demo

Please state other

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

1. San Andreas

2. The freedom and customization options you get.

3. I got GTA III in 2001 for my Birthday ( I was 9 then)

4. A bit, yes.

5. Prostitutes wouldn't be a big deal to me but all the other things are what make GTA, well...GTA.

6. In some cases, yes. It shouldn't get too realistic, though.

7. Battlefield and Assassin's Creed

LoveMediaExecutive

Grand Theft Auto III

That's it a sandbox game about the Mafia

Magazine Article in Playstation Magazine

Yes, definitely. The big selling point for me is that you are climbing the ladder of organized crime.

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

I'd have to say yes, GTA needs the freedom to do whatever you have to do to get the job done, taking these out would probably make missions harder and make the game unplayable, except maybe for prostitutes as they don't contribute much outside of refilling health.

Judging from how IV turned out, to a certain extent, maybe more in a Hollywood tone rather than a pure realistic tone.

Mafia II & The Getaway

GTA: Liberty City Stories

Everything

Word of Mouth

Yes

Kill innocent civilians

Pick up prostitutes

Stealing cars

Shooting at cops

Yup, i would play GTA V only for graphics if that would be restricted

I would enjoy it even more.

Saints Row

Counter Strike

G1T