What Would Disappoint you the Most in GTA 5?

Crakbone335

i will be disappointed if......

there isn't a wider variety of weapons

it's full of today's crappy music

if missions are repetitive

if los santos is the only city

senor_huevos_benedicto

I'll be a tincy wincy bit disappointed if there aren't any breasts.

But of course there won't be. Rockstar are cruel and hilarious in equal measures - they give use full frontal penis but breasts are off the table.

i will be disappointed if......

there isn't a wider variety of weapons

it's full of today's crappy music

if missions are repetitive

if los santos is the only city

Don't worry. I don't expect to see Rebecca Black, Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber in the radio stations, and since GTA V is in SoCal, I think a good amount of classic rock, rap, hip hop and maybe some country will be in the game.

I will be dissapointed if Roman is in the game and you play as Niko again getting calls from your cousin every five seconds (well not exactly) saying: "COUSIN LETS GO BOWLING!"

"COUSIN LETS GO SEE A SHOW" or "NIKO MY COUSIN, LETS GO TO A STRIP CLUB AND SEE BIG AMERICAN TITTIES!" I mean seriously, i had enough of that in IV.

i would be disappointed if the dont change that stupid old wanted system , and if the game was full with lags, and if they dont put a good amount of bikes

I will be disappointed: -

• If the PC version fails to scale properly on multiprocessor platforms.
  • If it is generally a pig to run on PC as GTA:IV was.
  • If they fail to learn all the lessons they should have from the PC version of GTA:IV.
  • If it still fails to have anti-aliasing.
  • If it fails to make it to the PC platform in the first place.

DiarioDePernambuco

If they use sh*tty car physics, then a big part of the game is ruined.

Billy Benedict
I'd be disappointed if the story starts off serious then takes a U turn and starts making us do things like stealing green goo or being a government spy.

SA was fun, but the story was f*cked up IMO. I just want consistency like GTA IV.

I want a story that is a little more lenient and fun. Also, if they doesn't add tons of safe houses to purchase I will be majorly pissed. I also need to have girlfriends implemented in the game, or else. Did you hear that R*!? OR ELSE.

i think the girlfriends thing is kinda unnecessary. its cool at first but i didn't them girls blowing up my phone every 5 min

Official General

I will be disappointed with GTA V if :

* The map is smaller than the map in San Andreas. I dont care if there is no San Fierro or Las Venturas, it should be at least the same size as the map in SA, if not bigger.

* Los Santos turns out to be the only city. Ideally, there should be at least two other cities in addition to Los Santos.

* Los Santos is not big and detailed enough.

* There are no visible signs of wildlife in the wilderness and natural environments.

* We cannot buy properties, real estate and businesses.

* There are not enough random events of violence, shootings and crime amongst certain peds (not involving the player) in dangerous areas of a city.

* There are too many hitman/assassin-style repetitive missions like we saw in GTA IV.

* There are not more explorable interiors.

* No ability to commit robberies, store hold-ups and break-ins/burglary.

* Not enough variation on criminal activities. We need more stuff like drug-dealing, smuggling, contraband etc.

What would disappoint me the most in Grand Theft Auto V?

1. Weak, half-assed storytelling akin to San Andreas. It started off well but the first act consisted of a dark story of a gangster trying to get revenge for the death of his mom. Subsequent acts had you working with the government, stealing goo off of military trains, stealing jet packs from Area 69 (Area 51), and hijacking fighter jets off of aircraft harriers. If they're going to go over-the-top, don't set the story up to be dark. Vice City set the story up to be a story of 80's excess and violence, and it succeeded in every regard.

2. An unlikable protagonist. Rockstar Games has given us protagonists such as Max Payne, Cole Phelps, John Marston, Tommy Vercetti, Carl Johnson, Claude, Toni Ciprani, Vic Vance, Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and Luis Lopez. You should all know what I think of Max by now. John Marston, Niko Bellic, and Cole Phelps all had back stories that were slowly revealed over the campaign. I really like this approach; however, they can't turn him into an unlikable person. I came to hate Phelps when he committed adultery. I'd like a more conflicted character like them because it makes it interesting to see what happened. I similarly liked Vic Vance for the same reason. I just wished they would've fleshed him out a little more at the beginning of the game. The less said about Luis, the better. All he did was bitch about spending two years behind bars for selling drugs...then he would go out and do said thing. That said, I wouldn't necessary object to a merciless killer such as Tommy and Claude. CJ was well written at the beginning but as the story went on, I became less careless about what happened. They should have made him more conflicted/caring over what happened to Sweet after he got locked up. It's only mentioned two or three times after it happens. I don't think that was enough; it didn't leave enough of an impact...same thing goes for the betrayal of Big Smoke and Ryder. In the end, as long as he is well written and we like him, that should all be good.

Edited by CrzChris4

It will be disapointing If there are not enough things to spend your money on.

Otherwise it's being rich for no reason.

Eternal Moonshine

I'd be unhappy if the story is all serious again. Revenge is the most overused theme in games. If R* are gonna use it again (and they will), let it be fun, unusual, like in SA. Niko's story was entertaining during the first two playthroughs, but then it got boring. CJ's story is entertaining after 50th playthrough. It gets especially enjoyable after leaving LS. I mean since when is GTA supposed to be serious? There are games like Mafia, True Crime, LA Noire, etc for those who enjoy more realistic approach

I'd be unhappy if the story is all serious again. Revenge is the most overused theme in games. If R* are gonna use it again (and they will), let it be fun, unusual, like in SA. Niko's story was entertaining during the first two playthroughs, but then it got boring. CJ's story is entertaining after 50th playthrough. It gets especially enjoyable after leaving LS. I mean since when is GTA supposed to be serious? There are games like Mafia, True Crime, LA Noire, etc for those who enjoy more realistic approach

You know it's funny how people say GTA IV is serious, but don't seem to mind it in GTA III. I mean GTA IV does have comic relief.

Maybe not as much as VC and SA, but GTA III was so dark and depressing nothing in the story made me laugh. It probably didn't help that Claude never spoke. Niko was a sarcastic smart ass at times which helped break up the more serious parts.

It genuinely surprises me how people dislike GTA IV for being serious yet GTA III is far more guilty IMO.

You know it's funny how people say GTA IV is serious, but don't seem to mind it in GTA III. I mean GTA IV does have comic relief.

Maybe not as much as VC and SA, but GTA III was so dark and depressing nothing in the story made me laugh. It probably didn't help that Claude never spoke. Niko was a sarcastic smart ass at times which helped break up the more serious parts.

It genuinely surprises me how people dislike GTA IV for being serious yet GTA III is far more guilty IMO.

Who said GTA SA wasn't serious, anyway? The story starts with the protagonist's mother getting murdered, for cripes sake. That's a pretty big downer to start you off with - the first thing you see in GTA IV, on the other hand, is a guy getting whipped by a dominatrix.

Who said GTA SA wasn't serious, anyway? The story starts with the protagonist's mother getting murdered, for cripes sake. That's a pretty big downer to start you off with - the first thing you see in GTA IV, on the other hand, is a guy getting whipped by a dominatrix.

"Daddy's back you bitches" lol. Thinking about it GTA IV has funniest intro scene out of all the GTAs. lol.gif

UberChargedCJ

i would be dissapointed if GTA V wasn't maked for PS2 with hitman blood money's engine and with big map

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Finn 7 five 11

Mission wise III is more serious i guess.

In game though the pedestrians in III said more funny things and in IV the game feels more real therefore more serious, i guess that's the difference.

Another deal breaker

- no purchasable properties as official general pointed out.

Edit: i was sure i already posted here, but i'll post what i posted before again.

- No Decent music, IV's music sucked ass for the majority, the DLC helped it a little, but seriously i did not like most of the songs, absolute opposite of the other games.

- No good fun cheats like in the III era (flying cars, crazy pedestrians infinite health ect)

- Lack of side missions,

-No improved clothes customization

- No car customization.

All of these would make me very very very disappointed.

Edited by finn4life

Mission wise III is more serious i guess.

In game though the pedestrians in III said more funny things and in IV the game feels more real therefore more serious, i guess that's the difference.

Yeah, but most of GTA IV's humour comes via the TV, internet etc. I never thought the GTA III peds were that funny. They came across as robots IMO. Basically the only time I laughed in GTA III was listening to the radio.

What Would Disappoint you the Most in GTA 5?

- The fact that it's called GTA V and that they didn't save the V numeral for the next universe, and consoles.

- The fact that it won't be in Vice City.

- Multiple protagonists.

Eternal Moonshine

Those were different days. I was 12 when III came out, and back then it seemed pretty fun. Maybe because i didn't know any better. But your right. Recently i tried to play it but it's way too depressing. Also i don't know if anyone noticed, but there's something disturbing about some in game sounds. They kind of remind me of echo. If that makes any sense

About IV, it's not that i dislike it. I love it (Niko is my favorite protagonist so far), but i love SA even more. Both these games are undoubtedly waaay more entertaining than III

I'm pretty confident R* will deliver a good story, characters, map, weapons, etc.

What I'm actually worried about is a major thing, probably the basis of the game.

AUTOS. (Everything from the paint job to the customization and tuning)

The handling will probably be good, the physics, the damage they take/cause. But I'd be disappointed if:

- You couldn't own a car. Like, legalize it, buy it, I don't care which step it is exactly you have to do, but I want to see at least something like in Mafia II...you can leave your car but it shall not disappear.

I don't care about nitro. But at least no more disappearing cars. And pay'n'spray should give you the option to choose the colour again. This was a big step back in GTA IV.

No cheetah, It was so disappointing to see that go. I'm not a fan of the Infernus.

多伦多V是真棒。

i would realy hate it, if u guys remember men u drive the car,,its no car at all in front of u then u look back than BANG u crash in a car,,,,, i hope they fixed that problem

then i hope they bring realy LOOOOOOOOONG highways, so can puch the car speed to the limit, i hated the fighways in IV

No cheetah, It was so disappointing to see that go. I'm not a fan of the Infernus.

The cheetah is the turismo now.

I'll be mad if you can't pee and sh*t in the toilet

I'll be mad if you can't pee and sh*t in the toilet

lol wut.

多伦多V是真棒。

2. An unlikable protagonist. Rockstar Games has given us protagonists such as Max Payne, Cole Phelps, John Marston, Tommy Vercetti, Carl Johnson, Claude, Toni Ciprani, Vic Vance, Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and Luis Lopez. You should all know what I think of Max by now. John Marston, Niko Bellic, and Cole Phelps all had back stories that were slowly revealed over the campaign. I really like this approach; however, they can't turn him into an unlikable person. I came to hate Phelps when he committed adultery. I'd like a more conflicted character like them because it makes it interesting to see what happened. I similarly liked Vic Vance for the same reason. I just wished they would've fleshed him out a little more at the beginning of the game. The less said about Luis, the better. All he did was bitch about spending two years behind bars for selling drugs...then he would go out and do said thing. That said, I wouldn't necessary object to a merciless killer such as Tommy and Claude. CJ was well written at the beginning but as the story went on, I became less careless about what happened. They should have made him more conflicted/caring over what happened to Sweet after he got locked up. It's only mentioned two or three times after it happens. I don't think that was enough; it didn't leave enough of an impact...same thing goes for the betrayal of Big Smoke and Ryder. In the end, as long as he is well written and we like him, that should all be good.

Isn't an unlikable protagonist a good thing though? The main characters, whether or not we play as them, should have some sort of impact on us. If you hated Cole, then Bondi did a good thing in terms of storytelling, no? That's how I feel about stories. If you get to the point where you either love or hate a character, then the writers have done their job. On the other hand, if you don't give a sh*t about any of the characters, then there's a problem.

Characters I never cared about:

- Tommy Vercetti

- Claude

- Toni Cipriani

- Luis

All three characters were pretty shallow, and simply "guns for hire". Despite being a DLC, Luis Lopez should have gotten more back story, especially with Armando and Henrique. Vic, Niko, and Carl were awesome characters, but my favourite would have to be Johnny and just the L&D DLC in general.

deHeemskerker

I would be disappointed if...

-it wasn't ported to PC or very badly ported.

-you had to register for stuff and make accounts or what not before you could play the game.

-there was no AA and no V-Sync.

-there weren't garages to save your car in. (Had too many "Dude, where's my car?" moments in GTA IV,

besides, who parks a stolen car right in front of his house for everyone to see?).

-you had to date your family and friends and make them like and respect you.

-you couldn't buy houses and businesses.

But as long as it'll be out on PC, I will undoubtedly buy, play and enjoy GTA V.

-More than one protagonist per storyline; I don't mind EFLC kind of multiple protagonists, but switching from one to another, anytime in the storyline (even at the end!) just sucks.

-non-purchasable/limited safe houses/garages/parking spaces

-no sharp suits for protag colgate.gif

-R* releasing the first trailer in Nov 2011, but the game only comes out in 2013 or later (all that hype, for NOTHING?)

Edited by mulder84

I would be disappointed if...

-it wasn't ported to PC or very badly ported.

-you had to register for stuff and make accounts or what not before you could play the game.

-there was no AA and no V-Sync.

-there weren't garages to save your car in. (Had too many "Dude, where's my car?" moments in GTA IV,

besides, who parks a stolen car right in front of his house for everyone to see?).

-you had to date your family and friends and make them like and respect you.

-you couldn't buy houses and businesses.

But as long as it'll be out on PC, I will undoubtedly buy, play and enjoy GTA V.

100% Agree icon14.gif . I never played GTA 4 (only on freind's PS3 for short times), but i can imagine this crap in a GTA game very well.

I also would be very dissapointed if...

...they decide to cut the planes.

...the neat mountains on the horizons seen in trailer have invisible walls (like in GTA 3).

...they add multiple protagonist for the game. This in DLC's is Ok.

...they won't include customization and skills for the protagonist (Clothing, Body, Tatoo's, Stamina, Lung Capacity, etc...).

...they won't include diving under water.

...they cancel the game, Lol.

Edited by TheD94