What Would Disappoint you the Most in GTA 5?

Crakbone335

things did kind of strange once you were ousted from los santos, but gta iv's storyline was pretty dark and i had a hard time identifying with niko and all of his eastern european ex-soviet bloc woes. hopefully they'll find a happy medium with V, some of that good ol gangster sh*t mixed in with a little bit of light heartedness and classic rockstar humor as well. the fact that we're finally leaving LC for a much sunnier locale already sets the tone for a less heavy story imo

Just as I had a hard time identifying with CJ. I mean I wanted to, but as you said things get strange when you first leave LS. With GTA IV even though it was mostly dark (It still had its light hearted moments) because it was consistent throughout I could connect with Niko much better as we weren't put into really ridiculous situations. The game still had its ott moments, but no story element really felt out of place.

I have no problem with a more light hearted game, but it needs to remain consistent throughout IMO. I don't want GTA V to have GTA IV like moments (aka more emotional and serious) only to go on some weird tangent later on like SA.

Even GTA III and VC had more consistent stories than SA I feel.

yea gta sa did lack consistency and a good chunk of the missions were a bit out of place between leaving and returning to Los Santos, i guess i mean that i desire the consistency in a storyline but not quite without all the nitty gritty stuff that iv had. more on the lines of the dlc with luis, i know a lot of people hated his storyline but i liked it the most because it featured a not so dark, depressing side of LC. i'm hoping V gets back more to the glitz and glamour of the old GTA's but with the same realism that was prominently featured in iv. I think the reason GTA SA was all over the place was because it was rockstar's first time writing for a such a large world with three unique cities and plenty of countryside so they felt like they needed to jam pack all sorts of weird stuff in there to have all their bases covered. but that was 8 years ago and i'm confident they've grown since then and have a much better idea of how to put stories together

There won't be anything worse in GTA V.

Maybe some annying things like filling your car with gas and 1 star for driving through if it's red.

But worse? Nothing.

i'd be disappointed if most of the cars are exactly the same as IV, which i felt was somewhat lacking in the amount of vehicles anyway (mostly just because it wasn't quite as many as SA had, so hopefully we'll get SA amount of vehicles w/ IV level of realism) and hopefully they will add new vehicles, redo old vehicles and bring back some that didn't make it to IV...

also, i won't say i'd be too disapointed, but i would like them to finally put a good POP station into a game, because those are the stations (weather you listen to them or not) that make a game feel like it's set in the current year! but maybe they avoid this so a game won't feel old...idk... i guess i'd be disappointed if the radio stations SUCK....

and if i can't buy clothes more similarly to SA and Customize my car.... those were some of the best features in SA and i was sad that they had scrapped them in IV.

things did kind of strange once you were ousted from los santos, but gta iv's storyline was pretty dark and i had a hard time identifying with niko and all of his eastern european ex-soviet bloc woes. hopefully they'll find a happy medium with V, some of that good ol gangster sh*t mixed in with a little bit of light heartedness and classic rockstar humor as well. the fact that we're finally leaving LC for a much sunnier locale already sets the tone for a less heavy story imo

Just as I had a hard time identifying with CJ. I mean I wanted to, but as you said things get strange when you first leave LS. With GTA IV even though it was mostly dark (It still had its light hearted moments) because it was consistent throughout I could connect with Niko much better as we weren't put into really ridiculous situations. The game still had its ott moments, but no story element really felt out of place.

I have no problem with a more light hearted game, but it needs to remain consistent throughout IMO. I don't want GTA V to have GTA IV like moments (aka more emotional and serious) only to go on some weird tangent later on like SA.

yea gta sa did lack consistency and a good chunk of the missions were a bit out of place between leaving and returning to Los Santos, i guess i mean that i desire the consistency in a storyline but not quite without all the nitty gritty stuff that iv had. more on the lines of the dlc with luis, i know a lot of people hated his storyline but i liked it the most because it featured a not so dark, depressing side of LC. i'm hoping V gets back more to the glitz and glamour of the old GTA's but with the same realism that was prominently featured in iv. I think the reason GTA SA was all over the place was because it was rockstar's first time writing for a such a large world with three unique cities and plenty of countryside so they felt like they needed to jam pack all sorts of weird stuff in there to have all their bases covered. but that was 8 years ago and i'm confident they've grown since then and have a much better idea of how to put stories together

True. I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on SA. It was R*'s first attempt at a tri city state. Still the story was better than every game from a certain franchise IMO.

If I have to go to the bathroom, eat, sleep at certain times, pay bills, work out, go to a repetitive 9 to 5 factory job, fill up my car with gas, and follow every traffic law, I'm walking.

GTA will never be that realistic (Except eating and working out. That was already in SA). People complain about GTA IV's "realism", but they don't realize how lucky they are R* didn't add sh*t like that to it.

I wouldn't worry mate. It'll never happen.

I know, but the suggestions were made, and this dead horse is fun to beat. Plus, the last time I visited the fuel topic, there was overwhelming support. Yeesh.

Rockstar20124

Totally agree on this and your previous post. The story in SA crashed and burned after leaving Los Santos. GTA IV still had great light hearted moments because of great believable sympathetic side characters like Roman and especially Brucie biggrin.gif I do prefer a dark and gritty storyline like GTA IV and TLAD but something more light like TBOGT would be good as well. But it should definitely not go the same too over the top ridiculous direction as the Saints Row franchise.

Also what would disappoint me:

- No 80's music, R&B, Eurodance/house, alternative rock, country music channels (basically a horrible soundtrack like the very limited SR3 soundtrack would really disappoint me)

- No instant cinematic camera button

- No improved cheats (SA had mostly much better cheats then IV)

- Less ramps, stairs and curbs to do motorbike stunts on

- Multiplayer like RDR, like JasonBrody said. (The multiplayer versus was terrible with mandatory shootouts before every match, no blips, lack of varied weapons etc. But the free roam coop cleaning A.I. gang hideouts together was fantastic though)

- No or very few story driven choices

- No multiple endings

I would be disappointed if the physics were declined greatly. I seriously doubt it would happen but you never know. I loved the driving physics/Euphoria in GTA IV, and it would suck if it were dwindled down.

I would also be a little upset of some important characters just disappear toward the end of the game or at the end of the game with no explanation. (i.e Tony in TBOGT, Donald Love, most characters in GTA SA). Hopefully the friend/activity features return.

caprisig.jpg

I'd be disappointed if it turned out the trailer was fake and it's really a game where you spend all your time looking out of a crate in first person. And the crate was in the area 51 warehouse that was in raiders of the lost ark.

senor_huevos_benedicto

Hooray for pessimism!

Going by the trailer I don't think it looks like there's anything that would be disappointing - however it is of course a trailer. If they promise features and then don't put them in (ahem climbing up fire escapes in GTA 4 ahem) then that'll disappoint me.

I´ll be dissapointed if we will not be able to fly with planes...story will be short,no animals or just dogs...multiple MC´s...

I think the main thing is if there is nothing to do in the game outside of the missions. Oh and if Ned Luke is really the protagonist

The thing that would disappoint me most of all is if GTA V is just another yet even bigger empty sandbox, e.g. two restaurants and stores in the entire city. again. If there aren't significantly more interiors and pastimes/activities this time then imo R* will have completely lost the plot.

Another pet peeve of mine is when they remove perfectly good content from previous games, e.g. mini-games [on the same engine] simply because it doesn't 'fit' with the character. Given how bare bones the last one was - this is not an option this time. And if they do so only to sell it back to you later... I will be pissed.

I also will be very frustrated if the line of sight system has not be significantly revised so that I'm only back in the search radius if I have actually been seen. This is the most frustrating thing about GTA IV when you know for a fact that some idiot cop almost a block away has not seen me only to go right back to the drawing board.

I'm not expecting pedestrians to be any more interactive than GTA IV but if we could get some way back to how pedestrian interaction works in GTA: SA I will be pleasantly surprised.

If they've recycled anything from GTA 4, which they've proven to have already done.

Aha you are SOOOO right, man!!!!! I mean, who the hell would want to steal cars, use weapons, kill people, have life-like ragdoll effects and animations, online multiplayer, and all that?

Anyone that likes that is a fckn idiot -_- I agree we should go back to "The Sims" style bored.gif

the most thing will disappoint me if they didn't care about our ideas . this fourm have a lot of good ideas to be added to GTAV .

GRINCH ASS BITCH

I'd also be disappointed if they changed the vehicle-handling physics and/or the dynamic vehicle damage. Hell, I'd be disappointed if every car/truck still has TCS, that shi­t definitely needs to go.

Major Spoiler, so if you don't want the game ruined already, don't read.

Someone said that in the end of GTA V a developer leaked that the protagonist dies and you play as his brother. There's a huge possibility that this won't happen, but seeing as Rockstar did it in Red Dead Redemption, it can also be a possibility. Also the fact that they said that they enjoyed putting that ending in RDR in an interview because it makes the ending better or makes you feel for the game more (something like that) just keeps putting this situation in my head. If they honestly do that, then I'm really going to hate this game, it's like, here's this game. Now go spend 20+ hours playing it and enjoy it and getting attached to this character, oh you beat the game? Okay, let's remove the character so the game gets boring and you play with some random guy now. It's just a waste of time.

paperbackmummy

Honestly I would be disappointed if there wasn't another city to explore. The cities are always the major attractions of the games - often equally important or more so than the main character you control. It seems odd to have Los Santos and then some surrounding countryside. There would have to be something on the other side of the wilderness to travel to - San Andreas had the right idea by having three cities linked in a circle, so you could always be traveling toward a city no matter which direction you went.

I think there will be two cities. I think Los Santos will be huge, and there will be a smaller area, like a representation of San Diego, somewhere on the other side of the mountains and redwood forests, in the desert area. (This is what I think Los Puerta is.) I think San Fierro and Las Venturas probably won't show up, it's been done before and it would be too reminiscent of San Andreas to feature them again. I think with V they want to try a blend of new and old, so they'll bring back Los Santos bigger and better than ever and then add Los Puerta (San Diego) as a smaller-scale, more suburban city. Probably one or two small towns as well.

Id be REALLY disappointed if they dont have a "posse" party like in RDR. I hate killing my friends in freemode when we are fighting everyone in the room.

I will REALLY HATE a lack of RP support!

Rockstar cannot be that stupid or ignornant! There are more than 1,000 police clans and RP clans out there. Not only that, there is a mod called LCPDFR for the PC. Not only that, SEVERAL players have begged to be police officers and other types of Emergency Services. Not only that, a magazine had quoted that "we wouldn't be too surprised if we actually played as a cop"!

The vehicles and unifroms from IV were small; no cop uniform, no SWAT, FIB, or anything else! Only one Police CAR! No Enforcers or FIB Buffalos!

I'd be disappointed if they made you level up to unlock weapons in free mode

I'd be more disappointed if there was health regeneration and auto-aim.

Same here.

-The fun in Free Mode is that you do whatever you want. Use any weapons.

-I hate games where your health auto regenerates (almost every game)

How the hell can you cure a bullet by just walking around?!

I would be disappointed if they didn't take notes from Red Dead's multiplayer. IV's was good before it died. And I hated how it didn't balance teams in team gamemodes. Also, there is nothing to do in freemode whatsthat.gif

I will be disapointed if they dont transferre the main character\player controll\behaviour from this:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...-video-tar.html

And yes, the bullet wounds\impact also. But I'll also be happy if its similar to what we saw in Red Dead Redemption (best game ever created)

If they exclude blood and bulletwounds like they did in GTAIV I will be beyond dissapointed.

I wanna admire my kills with proof of my accuracy spread across my victims chest.

thebestgameever

Things that will dissapoint me a lot and ruin gta v:

In order of the most to least

1) Arcade, saints row like handling/steering for vehicles. If the steering is more arcadey then it would totally ruin V. IV only lasted me longer than games like SR and JC2 because of the amazing steering, and i love that about mafia 2 as well.

2) No countryside or desert, i woudl hate it if its only a city agian. How boring.

3) no air vehicles

4) not many features or content and no MP.

More activities, more map to explore with easter eggs, more building interiors, more vehicle customization (at least paint, rims, body kits).

The rest is looking pretty good from what we've seen so far.

I'm pretty sure aircraft is back with what the trailer shows us, not really a worry there.