Empire Building!

GTA-King

Great Idea! biggrin.gif Hopefully They Make The Map Big So, With The Money You Make, Youll Buy An Airport/Jet And Fly To Another City Or Something. We Should Email Rockstar This Idea smile.gif Well Put Out And You Do Desrve To Make Your Own Topic And Not Put It In WishList, But Then Again You Should Put This On The Wishlist So You Can Get More People To Email Rockstar For This Idea icon14.gif

Great Topic,and I totally agree. The mobile phone in GTA IV was a big thing in that game. So it would be good for it to have a little more to it. GTA VCS was one of my favorites on how you controlled businesses,and besides you unlock some amazing outfits too.

Say you had some sort of gang in GTA V,it would be good if you can make a couple of your guys defend your properties instead of you going there all the time. Like say,you can choose whether to make your guys defend and fight for there lives or stay hidden and avoid trouble kind of like the game God Father:Five Families.

Also,in GTA IV there wasn't much stuff to spend your money on so it would be great once you level up you can expand the property which will only cost a couple thousands biggrin.gif

Overall,brilliant idea.

Have this cookie straight out of Grandma's oven. cookie.gif

tenpennyisplainevil
I like that idea alot! It would offer a unique online experience. That also gives me another idea. You know how in RDR's free roam you can take over territories? Well, wouldn't it be cool if in GTA V's free roam you could take over businesses? I don't remember the benefits of earning territory in RDR, but if they have a ranking system similar to it, perhaps the businesses could earn you XP daily? Of course other people will try to steal your businesses as well. There should also be the option to go into a partnership with a certain amount of people and then you have to split the XP up daily.

So what do you guys think? Sound like a good idea?

yes! but how would you defend it? it would get very irritating when your business gets taken over while you're gone...

maybe like in RDR, where you could attack areas and AI's would defend them! that you can, say, set up AI snipers and turrets etc.! and if you attack you can take a couple of goons with you. and when you're online you can help your goons defend your business. while you're offline they do it for you smile.gif

I imagine it would work the same way as territories do in RDR. You take over a business, and after the end of a game day you receive a certain amount of XP. The more businesses you own the more XP you get. I think once you take over a business that henchmen should spawn there to protect it from other players. Also, if your in a "possee" or a "crew" with your online friends, then they will be considered partners in your businesses and they will earn a % of the XP that they revenue daily. Once you leave the match though all your businesses you obtained will be gone and you have to take them back in the next match.

Please Rockstar... read this thread! lol.

Just thought of this:what about if you dont own a business yourself, but your gang does! that you can choose between 10 gangs in the beginning (red, blue, etc, but with names). then there is a rank system like this: there are 50 normal ranks that you just level up to. the higher your rank, the more respect you have and the more XP the enemy gets for killing you (if a lvl 1 kills a lvl 30 he gets more XP than a lvl 20 killing a lvl 30). but there are also special ranks: ranks that only ONE person can possess! lets say you are #1 on the leaderboards, well then you are the owner of your gang! there are100 special ranks (so every gang has a top 100 that has this special ranks). special ranks also come with special gear that only one person can wear (and maybe the persons above him too). special rank 1 is Gang leader and gets a kick ass suit and a special gold or silver version of a handgun, rank 2 is his right hand and gets a less kick ass suit and a chain or something, etc. Good idea?

Updated the first post with some killer graphics thanks to Narcis_speed6. Once we reach page 5 I will update it again with everyone's idea thus far! icon14.gif

@GtaOutKast: Great idea, and I agree. It would definitely make it alot easier if your henchmen guard your businesses for you. Perhaps you can purchase security lights and cameras as well so you know ahead of time when the enemy is coming. And thanks for the cookie! nom nom nom!

@tenpennyisplainevil: I like it! That would make for an enjoyable online experience, and I would definitely be motivated to get them unlockables. Awesome idea!

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Building on the idea of your gang independently protecting your assets, it would be awesome if with the money you generated you could gradually upgrade their equipment and weapons. Let's say they start off with no armor and maybe bats and handguns but after a certain amount of money and experience is made options become unlocked to make them tougher. A system could also be implemented where the more attacks they fend off without dying the more loyal and difficult they become to kill by enemy/police attacks. That way you could actually develop a sense of need and connection with your older henchmen rather than them all just being a bunch of cannon fodder. One last thing, what if when we're not in a mission and a territory/asset of ours is attacked we have the option of playing as one of our henchmen to build their skills, if he dies it'll just skip to the next guy and so on and if they're all killed your asset is either damaged heavily or completely taken over by the enemy organization

If it'll be implemented in V I hope that you can get the US Bank Tower or even the Airport as your business!...

Just dreamin' biggrin.gif

Good idea man, Hopefully they will make it where you can buy and manage your own businesses, recruit employees for you business, etc.

something similar to VCS' Business Management. And if you get enough money, you can eventually fly to another city and manage Businesses there. You can work your way to the top, and become the "Top Dog" of Los Santos!

Added most of everyone's ideas to the front page! Some ideas are the same, so I gave credit to those who came up with it first. icon14.gif

Keep them coming guys! Looking for more ways to keep this topic alive.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

Oh, and I was just thinking. In what way should the protagonist structure his "gang" as? A cartel... a mafia? Or just simply an organisation? What would be the best you think for a criminal empire.

kSTG7.png

Oh, and I was just thinking. In what way should the protagonist structure his "gang" as? A cartel... a mafia? Or just simply an organisation? What would be the best you think for a criminal empire.

I personally think a cartel could b nice! Nd maybe make some business with other cartels! Even bring out Mexican cartels like la familia or the zetas!!

I think it would make more sense if there was cartels anyway. The mafia doesn't have much control in the west coast.

kSTG7.png

Excellent idea!

Yes, like in scarface and godfather . Earning system and all kind of things u can buy with laundered money. Also the keep the fallas happy system .Popularity ,talking on a phone doing favours etc..

Side busiensses are a must feature to add .

Maybe they could go as far as to let you choose what you wanted your criminal organization layout to be. You could pick from a few different categories like street gang, mafia, biker club, political dissidents(think skinheads, black panthers etc). Each would have their own style of dress and manner of speaking plus each layout could have different pros and cons. Say if you chose the street gang format your henchmen would be tougher and more aggressive but your options for businesses would be more limited since it's harder for a street gang to go mainstream

@EscoLehGo: I think the way the protagonist's "gang" should be structured should rely on his character himself. If he has mafia roots, he may want to try and establish something like that for himself in Los Santos. Or, he can be like Tommy Vercetti and want to establish something totally new to his mafia roots... that being a cartel. He could just be all about the business though and develop his own organisation/corporation that is highly involved in criminal activities. Any of those will be fine with me... as long as we are the boss.

Oh, and I updated everyone's ideas to the first post! icon14.gif

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

I think it would be awesome if "gangs" were structured around the businesses you operated.

For instance, if I was in drug and weapon trfficking, I would have gang members with some heavy artillery.

If I was in gambling, maybe units with better accuracy.

You could even take it to the vehicles that your gangs use, sports cars to SUVs say depending on the "services" you provide the city.

I kind of think of it like a real time strategy game where the level/type of businesses you own determine the gang members you can "recruit".

In my opinion, this will make you feel like an important figure in the game world. Someone successful. Someone with ambition! I mean come on, don't you want to play as another protagonist who is a go-getter like this guy: user posted image

user posted image

tenpennyisplainevil - being able to choose what the income your employees will get.

EscoLehGo - having security means defending your businesses will be optional. 

LotusRIP - The F.B.I hassling you.

Miamivicecity - "Pursuit of the Almighty Dollar" multipalyer mode.

Buffalo Soldier - spend money on alot more spoils.

boogachamp - club & taxi service ownership.

SGT. Johnson - side missions for each type of business.

VoiceoftheVoiceless - being able to fly to other cities and managing business there.

bluetops - own US Bank Tower or Airport.

Noriega1976 - ability to buy alot of stuff with laundered money.

user posted image

A little lesson on laundering money from Saul Goodman!

Tony Montana building his own criminal empire.

An example of Tommy Vercetti's admirable ambition.

Blinded by the light!

An empire that falls.

Walter White defending his territory.

A fine example of business management.

Push it to the limit.... LIMIT!!! (Sorry, love that song.)

Great topic. I think we will get a protag like Tommy, only he will be grounded a bit more in the real world (problems with family, the IRS, the recession, etc.). I think you're going to get your wish and the protag will be an ambitious family man... very similar to your beloved Walter White.

As for empire building ideas...

-Money laundering, as you point out, is essential, so we need to manage both criminal and legitimate enterprises.

-You can assign lieutenants to manage different businesses; some are more apt in certain areas than others, so you will have to learn how to best delegate responsibilities by trial and error (e.g., one lieutenant is less likely to draw police attention when pushing drugs while another is less likely to get the IRS's attention when handling your car wash money laundering operation).

-Businesses should come with side missions (like in VC) and your choices regarding the business' management or business strategies should affect both the business' profitability and mission content (e.g., a business doing well should trigger an IRS or Cartel mission; while a business doing poorly unlocks an insurance fraud mission where you destroy the business).

-You should have the option of hiring a secretary to manage specific affairs or tedious empire-related tasks from a central office (collecting money, paying your taxes); her salary (along with all other employees') should regularly cost you money.

-The extent to which one regularly pays salaries and taxes should be variable (you should be expected to pay employee salaries once a week and property taxes once a month); be warned, employees that are underpayed won't perform as well and your business productivity will suffer; similarly, not paying taxes could result in even greater cash penalties from the IRS and actions to shut down your businesses.

-Last but not least, all this hard work sustaining your empire should mean something: your money should earn you the ability to pay for lots of nice things (mansions, exotic weapons, air strips, hotels, etc.).

EDIT:

You should also be able to sell and re-acquire your businesses at any time. If your business performed well when you sell it, expect to pay more to acquire it again. If it performed poorly, expect to lose money on the sale, but know you will be avoiding unnecessary property taxes and pay stubs.

Edited by Dick Valor

Personally, I Believe If Theyre Going To Kill And Do Dirty Work A Cartel, In The Other Hand I Think Mafia Would Be Better, Dont Know If You Ever Heard Of BMF (Black Mafia Family) Its Runned By An African American Named "Big Meech" Theyre Purpose Is Just To Make Money But Theyre A Huge Family. So Im Thinking More Of A Mafia sigh.gif

@Dick Valor: Wow, thanks for the excellent feedback! Rockstar seems to be putting alot more focus on story in their recent games. So I think GTA V will be another example. I expect V's story to be somewhat reversed to what RDR's was. In RDR, John is trying to redeem himself of his criminal ways for his family, whereas in V the protagonist could EMBRACE his criminal ways in order to provide his family with a comfortable lifestyle due to the economic crisis. Just imagine a family man with the same thoughts and ambition as Tommy Vercetti. Now THAT would offer a good story in my opinion. Oh, and I LOVE all those ideas. I will add them to the first post soon. icon14.gif

@Cali_Legeend: Could be possible that the protagonist forms somewhat of a mafia. I'm thinking V will be more about cartels though since it's on the west coast.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

Oh, and here's some fan art I made awhile back of our possible protagonist, the balcony guy/Ned Luke (yes, I realise I made his head a little big tounge.gif)

user posted image

The basic theme of the picture is that his wife divorced him because he returned to his criminal past. She basically kicked him out, and now he is living in this crappy apartment. So he has all this money, which he was gonna use to provide for his family in spite of the economic crisis. He's thinking what he could do to set everything right again. Afterall, he's doing this for his family. This is right before he invests his money towards a criminal empire that he will establish, in which he will use the earnings to provide himself a comfortable lifestyle as well as his family.... whether they like it or not.

kSTG7.png

Awesome thread! icon14.gif

I think it would cool that if you purchased a warehouse you could use it as a place to manufacture drugs. You could hire naked women to mix the drugs and chop them up for you. Once they're manufactured, then you have to deliver them to your shipping yard so they can be distributed. And then... $$ PROFIT $$

Good idea?

P.S. Love the fan art by the way. That's what I imagine the protagonist to look like.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

A Guy With A Minigun
Oh, and here's some fan art I made awhile back of our possible protagonist, the balcony guy/Ned Luke (yes, I realise I made his head a little big tounge.gif)

user posted image

The basic theme of the picture is that his wife divorced him because he returned to his criminal past. She basically kicked him out, and now he is living in this crappy apartment. So he has all this money, which he was gonna use to provide for his family in spite of the economic crisis. He's thinking what he could do to set everything right again. Afterall, he's doing this for his family. This is right before he invests his money towards a criminal empire that he will establish, in which he will use the earnings to provide himself a comfortable lifestyle as well as his family.... whether they like it or not.

Amazing!.

Miniguns aren't so mini.

@Leve-O: Thanks! I will add those ideas to the first post. icon14.gif

@A Guy With A Minigun: Glad you like my fan art. More to come soon!

Keep the ideas coming guys! smile.gif

kSTG7.png

Another video to wet your whistles!

You're either a somebody or a nobody.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

GrandTheftAuto101
Just imagine if all the GTA fans united to use everyones individual expertise in creating a GTA game - it would be epic.

You ain't lying, I've been told they check these forums out as well as others to get a sense of what the fans want so hopefully that's true and the developers have been watching/listening

They don't

Another video to wet your whistles!

You're either a somebody or a nobody.

Awesome movie!

Would be cool if we could smuggle drugs across the border and distribute them.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

grovestreet2010

Nice topic GTA-King! icon14.gif

How did you have the time when all I see you do is play GTA EFLC?

My Idea:

I was thinking that what if you could choose what type of security personnel you would have, and where you wanted them to be. This could be organized into two main categories, along with a subcategory, and upgrades.

Main Categories-

Stationary Guards:

The first category would be Stationary Guards. They would stand on a specific spot in, or around the building. So basically you can choose where, and how many guards would be in a certain area. For example, there could be four guards next to the entrance of the premises, two on both sides of the main door, and a random number everywhere else.

Patrolling Guards:

These are the guards that walk on a set path back and forth. You can also choose where they are and what their path is, but you don't have to. If you don't choose their path, then they walk on a default path. The path can be altered based on what you like. Guards can also be removed, and you can move a guard in one area to another.

Subcategory-

The subcategory would be what type of guard you would use.

Type of Guard:

The guard can be an expert marksman(which is usually a sniper), a close quarters combat specialist(CQC), or heavy weapons specialist. This is all about what type of guard you want, and where you want him to be. Choosing the right type of guard is key when you want optimal protection from enemy attackers.

The marksman is usually a sniper that is good at shooting over long distances, so you wouldn't want him to be the one guarding a doorway. You could place him on the roof of your building, and maybe even the roof of another building across the street. The benefit of this is that they will be harder to see, and they could even take out attackers before they make it close to the building.

The CQC specialist is good for close quarters such as inside the building. They will be outfitted with submachine guns and PDWs. They can be used to guard doors and hallways inside the business.

The last type is the heavy weapons specialist. He will be the one with the "big guns". He will use machine guns and certain explosives. He can be used out in parking lots and entrances, and he can be used to provide suppressive fire against enemy targets. The benefit of having him in open areas like parking lots is that the bigger gun and high rate a fire can mow down anyone trying to get into the building. Suppressive fire is when the enemies are trapped or "suppressed" due to the constant shooting at their position. This can be used when a group a guards wants to flank the attackers.

Upgrades-

Upgrades would be upgrading the guards' weapons.

Weapon Upgrades:

This won't be to the extent that Little William's Weapons Topic is. This will just be a basic upgrade of weapons. You can give your guards better weapons like changing their Mini Uzi to a MP5, or their MP5 to a better gun. This means that they can do more damage to the enemy when they get attacked, and they can have more accuracy.

All of these things would cost money, and better things would cost more, so you should make sure that you have the proper funds before you try and build yourself an army.

Even if you can't choose where you place the guards you should still be able to choose the type of guard and upgrade their weapons.

Hopefully this wasn't too long. biggrin.gif

Nice post gta_fun! Having to choose what type of security you want for a certain kind of business is a great idea. Like for example, a warehouse business would require guards with guns guarding employees while they manufacture the drugs. Plus it would be nice to hire a couple of loyal henchmen to always be at your side. I'll add your ideas to the front as soon as I can! icon14.gif

And yeah, I've been playing alot of BoGT lately. Been doing stunts with some online friends. tounge.gif

kSTG7.png

Absolutely yes, empire building needs to return and be better than ever. But only if it's pertinent to the story (which I hope it is). Niko Bellic was never going to have an empire but that doesn't mean our GTA V protagonist can't.

My idea would be to have a whole network of people who work for you. Break them down into three categories; "crew", "staff" and "operators".

Your crew is broken down into smaller crews headed by captains of your choosing. Give the player the chance to hire and fire captains at their discretion, perhaps even placing storyline characters as captain once you finish their mission chain. So in the example of Niko if he ever built an empire, he could of have Little Jacob and Packie as captains. Captains are responsible for a certain "area" of the map that belongs to the protagonist. Under the captains you have soldiers and guards responsible for patrolling and enforcing law on their turf. If the protagonist has a close ally in the story they could serve as his underboss/right-hand-man on a chain-of-command tree that you can see from the menu.

"Staff" could include lawyers and accountants. The more money you make, the better lawyer or accountant you can purchase. The better lawyer you have, the less time in jail you serve and the less money you lose on fines etc. You could also use lawyers to bribe city officials such as the mayor, police chiefs and captains, resulting in less wanted stars, police turning a blind eye to your crimes etc. The better accountant you have, the more money you make in your businesses. Los Santos could have a whole range of lawyers and accountants for you to hire.

"Operators" plain and simply run your legitimate fronts.

Kind of combining ideas from games such as The Godfather 1 and 2, Gangsters: Organized Crime and Scarface: The World is Yours but I think GTA could do it much better.

user posted image