So I came across this song

PassiveSurveillance

PassiveSurveillance

Hey guys, I recently came across this song. I didn't think much, up until the 20-second mark or so. I think you'll understand why.

I found this song by complete coincidence. I'm a big fan of artists like Aesop Rock, Evidence and so forth; so I found this song by Blockhead as he used to do a lot of stuff with Aesop.

He just sampled part of the song from the trailer, that doesn't mean much to be honest, it is cool though, I love Aesop Rock, even though this isn't Aesop.

PassiveSurveillance
He just sampled part of the song from the trailer, that doesn't mean much to be honest, it is cool though, I love Aesop Rock, even though this isn't Aesop.

Considering the song was uploaded in 2009, I don't think so.

Considering the song was uploaded in 2009, I don't think so.

Exactly.

universetwisters

they didnt sample the trailer, they sampled the beat from the song in the trailer

nothing to see here, move along, etc.

sTgL5iS.png

they didnt sample the trailer, they sampled the beat from the song in the trailer

I know, if the song was uploaded 2 years before the trailer, then it clearly wasn't taken from the trailer.

I know, if the song was uploaded 2 years before the trailer, then it clearly wasn't taken from the trailer.

Also considering the song was written in 1968.....

That's nice. I once came across a song too. Then it ran away... *sob*

You are soooooo FUNNY...........NOT!

EmPty CaSInGz
That's nice. I once came across a song too. Then it ran away... *sob*

You are soooooo FUNNY...........NOT!

I can sense the anal discomfort. Maybe this young one would like some ice?

If so, then apologies; I'm new. Still pretty impressed I found it by myself.

I'm happy you don't make bullsh*t threads like the other new ones

Sorry to say, but the song in the trailer is Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake or something like that. Sounds to me like the person who uploaded that song sampled the beat.

PassiveSurveillance

I'm aware Blockhead didn't make the song himself haha, I've been listening to HipHop for years, I know what a sample is. tounge.gif

senor_huevos_benedicto

So what? They sampled Odgen's Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces. The original song was then used in the GTA V trailer.

PassiveSurveillance
So what? They sampled Odgen's Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces. The original song was then used in the GTA V trailer.

It's not the song that I'm actually referring to, it's the fact that it was complete coincidence I came across this song. I am fully aware the original song is Odgen's Nut Gone Flake, but I was just stating that I'm impressed and surprised I found a song that actually uses the same sample of a song that's in the GTA V trailer.