Has GTA gone drastically unrealistic?

skuzzi

Is it me, or after GTA 3 the series has become very unrealistic? In GTA 3 cars would explode when they are flipped, seemingly making it far more realistic than GTA 4 and possibly the upcoming GTA 5. Another example is in IV, where they added a way to fly in cars by driving into a swing. I really think Rockstar Games are lazy nowadays, they don't care about their games anymore. It has really gone downhill after III.

Oh yeah I forgot that, in real life, if you flip a car onto its roof then it automatically catches fire and blows up within 10 seconds confused.gif

Harwood Butch3r

Have you ever seen a car flip on its roof in person? I have and they don't explode like GTA III. As for the swingset glitch......well it was a glitch and a fun one at that.

Not sure if this is just a weird trolling attempt since people typically complain that GTA IV is too realistic. confused.gif

Oh yeah I forgot that, in real life, if you flip a car onto its roof then it automatically catches fire and blows up within 10 seconds  confused.gif

The incompetence of these people are really annoying you think you could read a well written thread once in a while but no you have to come see people spewing nonsense they know nothing about barf8bd.gif

Is it me, or after GTA 3 the series has become very unrealistic? In GTA 3 cars would explode when they are flipped, seemingly making it far more realistic than GTA 4 and possibly the upcoming GTA 5. Another example is in IV, where they added a way to fly in cars by driving into a swing. I really think Rockstar Games are lazy nowadays, they don't care about their games anymore. It has really gone downhill after III.

Retard alert mercie_blink.gifdozingoff.gif

DemoniCreature

If one have anything to do, one can do some sort of useful acts to one's community instead of making people lose their time with posts like this one.

lol.... GTA4 is FAR more realistic. You mentioned the swing... That was a glitch. Ok it was the best damn glitch I ever saw, but it wasn't done on purpose. Cars RARELY explode (see Mythbusters). You flip a car upside down, and it does nothing. You have to more or less plant explosives in it to make it blow up.

Ok so there's a limit to the realism games can achieve, but in III you had floating icons all over the place. FLOATING ICONS. There was an icon you ran into to SLOW DOWN TIME. Yeah, I use those all the time when I'm running late.

I think the OP has been asleep or in therapy for the last 10 years...

Harwood Butch3r
lol.... GTA4 is FAR more realistic. You mentioned the swing... That was a glitch. Ok it was the best damn glitch I ever saw, but it wasn't done on purpose. Cars RARELY explode (see Mythbusters). You flip a car upside down, and it does nothing. You have to more or less plant explosives in it to make it blow up.

Ok so there's a limit to the realism games can achieve, but in III you had floating icons all over the place. FLOATING ICONS. There was an icon you ran into to SLOW DOWN TIME. Yeah, I use those all the time when I'm running late.

lol

Though when GTA III was new I thought it was pretty realistic compared to most games, but it reallly isn't when you look back now.

mercie_blink.gif

I rolled one of my cars. Lucky I got out in time, or I would have lost all my weapons and some of my money wink.gif

Yeah, because in GTA IV there isn't health & ammo packs laying around... sarcasm.gif

LethalCrizzle

The swing glitch was a glitch.. its not intentional. I guess they never patched it because of the amount of fun you could have with it. In terms of realism that's exactly were Rockstar went. Car don't explode when they are flipped over anymore for 1 example.

Stupid thread.

Yeah, because in GTA IV there isn't health & ammo packs laying around... sarcasm.gif

What part of "floating", as he mentioned, didn't you understand? In III-Era heart-symbols and such were floating in midair. In IV-Era they were on the floor. What's more realistic?

Whatever, you can't be that stupid, right? So please stop trolling, thanks.

Harwood Butch3r

Hang on in GTA III to heal yourself don't you just walk into a f*cking floating heart?

Perhaps I should lock the thread, but the humour is just too great. You made yourself look like an idiot.

Edited by Miamivicecity

The health packs are on the floor or hanging on the wall. Not floating in the air....

What part of "floating", as he mentioned, didn't you understand? In III-Era heart-symbols and such were floating in midair. In IV-Era they were on the floor. What's more realistic?

I'm not trolling, I come here to state facts, and you chose to deny them. Why? I don't know, mabye because that's what you do for a living.

And your facts are cars exploding in III and not in IV, which is LESS realistic, and a glitch. So one thing that goes against your agument and one thing that doesnt count as its a glitch.

There are dozens of things more realistic in IV in comparison to III.

And your facts are cars exploding in III and not in IV, which is LESS realistic, and a glitch. So one thing that goes against your agument and one thing that doesnt count as its a glitch.

There are dozens of things more realistic in IV in comparison to III.

Yeah, like the ability to jump trough walls, fly upwards with a parachute, survive jump from building. I see your point.

I'm not trolling, I come here to state facts, and you chose to deny them. Why? I don't know, mabye because that's what you do for a living.

Facts? lol.. what facts? Do cars usually explode shortly after they are upside down?

Well, if not trolling, then you are really that stupid.

in GTA i do what I can't do in realife I like it just the way it is if i can't cause hell in real life by god I want to do it in GTA biggrin.gif

The characters on this forum get more and more "interesting" everyday.

StickyWickett
WHY HAVEN'T YOU JERKS REPORTED THIS CRAP.

It's clearly a thread going nowhere

There's already a mod in the thread you silly billy you.

Harwood Butch3r

So OP what else makes GTA III more realistic?

I kind of miss that old III brand of unrealism actually. The nutty stunts, the crazy power ups, the arsenal of weapons at my disposal to just terrorize everything. IV wasn't a bad game, but it did lack the color and life of the III era. Of course, I no longer blame it because 2008 was kind of depressing, but they could have left in at least one flyable plane and maybe kept the rocket launcher that could actually hit humans as well as cars. They could have kept some OTT stuff as side missions or something. I miss the demolition derby. There was so much great stuff they could have done with the physics. I mean, what would a kung fu fight look like in RAGE? There's an interesting thing. And what about cars that can actually drift? Sure, turning on a dime in the III era was not realistic, but I don't think spinning out every time you try to drift is either. And the cops are everywhere, and even if they aren't, drop a molotov and that will set off the psychic dispatcher and you'll get a star for "Attack on a vehicle", although I didn't know sand was a vehicle. And I'm pretty sure even the real new york is more colorful than IV's liberty, which just feels bland and depressing. I mean, doesn't the real new york include a bagel cafe culture as well as exciting night life and jazz clubs and big parties and stuff? I mean, IV captured maybe 1/4th of that through the comedy and cabaret clubs, but there was probably so much more.

Luckily, I think V has solved at the very least most of these problems, and I very much look forward to it.

Edit: I wish we could have watched some kind of daily show or colbert report parody as part of the live studio audience. That would have been cool.

Edited by Racecarlock

Cars flipping onto their roofs making them explode is realistic.

Okay, can you provide a video of this happening in real life then?