Leveling up shouldn't be in V's Free Mode

StateofMind15

StateofMind15

Red Dead Redemption;s multiplayer was ruined by making you grind to a certain rank just to get a weapon you wanted. That really took the fun out of the game. IMO R* should create something different like making you pay money to get weapons/clothes/rare cars, still making it possible to find weapons and rare cars. Leveling up should only be in competitive modes, free mode should be about fun NOT doing stupid stuff just to earn points. A option in Free Mode could be, Leveling up On/Off if its off you cant level up but you can get all the weapons and other perks, like high level clothes. But, won't have to earn points.

Would you want leveling up to be in V's free mode?

Edited by gpcguy1

I liked it. What I hated was picking up weapons in GTA4, dying, then losing them. I would also like to point out, that some of the more powerful weapons could be picked up from gang hideouts and used to level up, and could be kept even if you died. That's how I leveled.

This icon14.gif

In GTA IV I hated how LONG it took you to level up in GTA IV. I stopped playing online when I got to level 7, and decided to play free mode/party mode.

Maybe the stores prices would be a little more realistic for clothes and cars? And the host can find a way of getting income for the players, such as maybe stealing liquor stores/racing. Mannn, that would be a dream for GTA V's free mode. sigh.gif

EDIT: and maybe weapon staches to get weapons and KEEP them this time, GTA IV's game modes had me pissed off when I got soo much ammo and died for a stupid reason, such as flying off of my bike.

I think keep the levels for bragging rights etc. and have guns be bought by money. Have money be earned in free mode by doing various activities. If you work with someone else, it's easier to get money too (to encourage teamwork).

CryptReaperDorian
I think keep the levels for bragging rights etc. and have guns be bought by money. Have money be earned in free mode by doing various activities. If you work with someone else, it's easier to get money too (to encourage teamwork).

I'd say either this, or make a point based loadout system. You get a certain amount of points, and you can spend them on a loadout of your choice. More powerful weapons and the such would cost more points. Let's just say you have ten points to spend while a sniper rifle costs seven points, an assault rifle costs six points, a SMG/PDW costs five points, a shotgun costs four points, heavy weapons are nine or ten points, handguns are three points, and so on.

Anything is really better than grinders griefing new players with overpowered weapons (Red Dead Redemption) or having people be given a huge advantage due to them spawning closest to the most powerful weapons (GTA IV).

I want just the opposite, V's free roam MP should feature leveling up and be based on RDR rather than IV. While there is always the potential for griefing in a level-up system, there should still be powerful weapons around that can be acquired by noobs throughout the map. This is not that different from RDR as even someone with low XP could begin their session by completing a specific gang hideout and acquire a Mauser Pistol or Evans Repeater, etc. With XP, you earn the right to be spared the inconvenience of procuring select weapons. I love free roam and want it count for something, unlike in IV.

wink.gif better getting money and buying weapons,clothes or cars etc... and have them 4 ever...or only until ull die... it should be enabled or disabled in MP setup... btw: i prefer having more weapons of the same kind like AK47 and M16 at the same time... wink.gif

You should defo be able to level up in freeroam, I got all the achievements (1500/1500gs) in GTA IV and it was sooooo painful to get level 10 in multiplayer simply because there wasn't much to do and you also got bugger all cash.

I hope in GTA V's freeroam they include things to do so you can earn a bit of cash there too.

StateofMind15
wink.gif better getting money and buying weapons,clothes or cars etc... and have them 4 ever...or only until ull die... it should be enabled or disabled in MP setup... btw: i prefer having more weapons of the same kind like AK47 and M16 at the same time... wink.gif

Yes, have it as an option so R* can please competitive kids

I don't like the idea of leveling up in GTA. Make it realistic-ish meaning if you can afford it then it's all yours (or if you find it of-course). Why should I have to be a certain level to use a gun, leave that sh*t for CoD.

StateofMind15
I don't like the idea of leveling up in GTA. Make it realistic-ish meaning if you can afford it then it's all yours (or if you find it of-course). Why should I have to be a certain level to use a gun, leave that sh*t for CoD.

Totally agree

This  icon14.gif

In GTA IV I hated how LONG it took you to level up in GTA IV.  I stopped playing online when I got to level 7, and decided to play free mode/party mode. 

Maybe the stores prices would be a little more realistic for clothes and cars?  And the host can find a way of getting income for the players, such as maybe stealing liquor stores/racing.  Mannn, that would be a dream for GTA V's free mode.  sigh.gif

EDIT: and maybe weapon staches to get weapons and KEEP them this time, GTA IV's game modes had me pissed off when I got soo much ammo and died for a stupid reason, such as flying off of my bike.

Took me 2 years to make my 5 million through TDM DM co-op and well basically all mission types availiable.

I became a force to be reckoned with on BTBII, picking up 7-8 grand each game, no loyalty among thieves or bombers.

But my favorite past time was AA off death matches. I wasn't top dog but I done well and learned to shoot right with no turbo or nothing.

I wouldn't mind more ways to level because at times I thought GTA IV was going to be impossible to make level 10.

I finally made it, and only play freemode on the rarest occasions now when I want to mindlessly pander about while listening to my music.

I can imagine alot of people gave up on leveling, which would be reason enopugh to keep the freeroam leveling system from RDR or similar.

Oh for the record I gave up on RDR after a while because it isn't a great system, it needs to be refined for GTA, alot.

Edited by Chukkles

I think we should be able to gain xp in freemode. GtaIV doesn't and its an issue. I rather grind it out in freemode.

This icon14.gif

In GTA IV I hated how LONG it took you to level up in GTA IV. I stopped playing online when I got to level 7, and decided to play free mode/party mode.

I'm Rank 8, after playing a full day I was the happiest person in the world. 1 step closer to Rank 9 right? Wrong. The money count needed went from $200,000 to $1,400,000. So if that took me hours to get now I have to deal with this...Then I read online that from Rank 9 to Rank 10 is around $5,000,000.

StateofMind15
This  icon14.gif

In GTA IV I hated how LONG it took you to level up in GTA IV.  I stopped playing online when I got to level 7, and decided to play free mode/party mode. 

Maybe the stores prices would be a little more realistic for clothes and cars?  And the host can find a way of getting income for the players, such as maybe stealing liquor stores/racing.  Mannn, that would be a dream for GTA V's free mode.  sigh.gif

Took me 2 years to make my 5 million through TDM DM co-op and well basically all mission types availiable.

I became a force to be reckoned with on BTBII, picking up 7-8 grand each game, no loyalty among thieves or bombers.

But my favorite past time was AA off death matches. I wasn't top dog but I done well and learned to shoot right with no turbo or nothing.

I wouldn't mind more ways to level because at times I thought GTA IV was going to be impossible to make level 10.

I finally made it, and only play freemode on the rarest occasions now when I want to mindlessly pander about while listening to my music.

I can imagine alot of people gave up on leveling, which would be reason enopugh to keep the freeroam leveling system from RDR or similar.

Oh for the record I gave up on RDR after a while because it isn't a great system, it needs to be refined for GTA, alot.

A lot of people still play IV free mode and there's no leveling up in it. All I see people do in RDR's free mode are people doing gang hideouts. No one does fun things in RDR. In IVs free mode people kill, race, make up games to play, fight against cops and more. RDRs free mode was boring because of needing to level up to use weapons and horses. They need to keep leveling up in competitive modes only.

This  icon14.gif

A lot of people still play IV free mode and there's no leveling up in it. All I see people do in RDR's free mode are people doing gang hideouts. No one does fun things in RDR. In IVs free mode people kill, race, make up games to play, fight against cops and more. RDRs free mode was boring because of needing to level up to use weapons and horses. They need to keep leveling up in competitive modes only.

That's true, but Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer is based on FreeMode. No matter what you do when you begin the game it starts off at FreeMode and then you have the option to switch, where-as in Grand Theft Auto IV you choose which game you want to play.

I honestly hope GTA V's FreeMode does not support leveling up. It's so much more fun when you're playing FreeMode for the hell of it, to meet new people and f*ck sh*t up and not to level up to Rank 10 and brag about it, that's what the other matches are for. Also not to mention, I can easily join a FreeMode game and ask a friend if I can boost on him just to level up, where if you were to try that in another option, you'd probably die before reaching your friend.

Edit: Also, at the moment in GTA IV, no matter how you play you can make friends. Adding leveling up kind of ruins this, because you're no longer playing for fun but for the rank. Unless you join one of those teams like in RDR which would just be plain stupid (there's Team Deathmatch for that)

This  icon14.gif

I'm Rank 8, after playing a full day I was the happiest person in the world. 1 step closer to Rank 9 right? Wrong. The money count needed went from $200,000 to $1,400,000. So if that took me hours to get now I have to deal with this...Then I read online that from Rank 9 to Rank 10 is around $5,000,000.

The full amount you should end up with is 5,000,000.

Rank 9 only gets you to the half way point, at rank 9 you have to make the 2,500,000 you just made through 9 ranks all in 1 rank. You get me.

Half a million dollars to rank 9, then another half from 9 to 10.

This  icon14.gif

That's true, but Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer is based on FreeMode. No matter what you do when you begin the game it starts off at FreeMode and then you have the option to switch, where-as in Grand Theft Auto IV you choose which game you want to play.

I honestly hope GTA V's FreeMode does not support leveling up. It's so much more fun when you're playing FreeMode for the hell of it, to meet new people and f*ck sh*t up and not to level up to Rank 10 and brag about it, that's what the other matches are for. Also not to mention, I can easily join a FreeMode game and ask a friend if I can boost on him just to level up, where if you were to try that in another option, you'd probably die before reaching your friend.

Edit: Also, at the moment in GTA IV, no matter how you play you can make friends. Adding leveling up kind of ruins this, because you're no longer playing for fun but for the rank. Unless you join one of those teams like in RDR which would just be plain stupid (there's Team Deathmatch for that)

Plain stupid to join a team? Or fecking awesome to become part of a gang???

This is LS were gang activities are rife, you have no ambition.

Red Dead Redemption;s multiplayer was ruined by making you grind to a certain rank just to get a weapon you wanted. That really took the fun out of the game. IMO R* should create something different like making you pay money to get weapons/clothes/rare cars, still making it possible to find weapons and rare cars. Leveling up should only be in competitive modes, free mode should be about fun NOT doing stupid stuff just to earn points. A option in Free Mode could be, Leveling up On/Off if its off you cant level up but you can get all the weapons and other perks, like high level clothes. But, won't have to earn points.

You do realize this was already in GTA Iv's multiplayer? You had to reach a certain amount of money before you could "rank up" to the next level, which was indicated by a grey star until you reached Level 8 (Bronze Star), Level 9 (Silver Star), and Level 10 (Gold Star).

StateofMind15

You do realize this was already in GTA Iv's multiplayer? You had to reach a certain amount of money before you could "rank up" to the next level, which was indicated by a grey star until you reached Level 8 (Bronze Star), Level 9 (Silver Star), and Level 10 (Gold Star).

If you actually read my post you would know I said that RDR's multiplayer was ruined because you had to level up to get GUNS, all you got in IV was bragging rights and clothes which is the way it should stay in V.