Old skool Rock ´n Roll radio station

C2H5OH

Do you guys want a 50´s Rock ´n Roll radio station in V?

It would perfectly fit in V, since it´s set in Los Santos with the whole surfer culture on the beach .

Examples :

Edited by C2H5OH

My name is Kunta Kinte 9000, and you can Kunta-kiss my ass!

It was still the best. I'm looking forward to driving in the country side listening to KDST.

Anyways, would Jimi Hendrix classify as old skool rock?

It was still the best. I'm looking forward to driving in the country side listening to KDST.

I think the OP is talking about 50's era rock.

I think the OP is talking about 50's era rock.

there is already a thread about this suicidal.gif

then Link us in fella!

OT: Seeing as the "ogden nuts" radio topic grew, this has a right to be here.

Rock N Roll would be good actually!

Buddy holly, Elvis Castello, Eric clapton beach boys - rock n roll (not to be confused with any other type of music as the term is used generically) I'd welcome this type of music in GTA. I'd love to see modern metal (disturbed etc) and a classic rock (K DST/LRR - queen AC/DC, Black Sabboth, Iron maiden etc) but Rock n Roll would be a great addition.

Elvis presley was a legend, and although i don't listen to his music, i certainly would like to see his, and other artists of the era, appear.

Good suggestion OP, and you've made a topic out of it as opposed to just a single statement.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I'm told LA has some of the finest radio stations in the US. I would love an individual rock station for each decade. Perhaps a 50s/60s station along with a 70s/80s/90s would suffice.

I'm told LA has some of the finest radio stations in the US. I would love an individual rock station for each decade. Perhaps a 50s/60s station along with a 70s/80s/90s would suffice.

nice idea

I love 80s music - VC had the best ST imo. All of the stations were cool.

then Link us in fella!

Buddy holly, Elvis Castello, Eric clapton beach boys - rock n roll (not to be confused with any other type of music as the term is used generically) I'd welcome this type of music in GTA. I'd love to see modern metal (disturbed etc) and a classic rock (K DST/LRR - queen AC/DC, Black Sabboth, Iron maiden etc) but Rock n Roll would be a great addition.

Elvis presley was a legend, and although i don't listen to his music, i certainly would like to see his, and other artists of the era, appear.

Good suggestion OP, and you've made a topic out of it as opposed to just a single statement.

Yeah you´re right, by old skool i actually meant 50´s rock ´n roll, to make more it clear i just threw some examples in the OP. biggrin.gif

then Link us in fella!

Yeah you´re right, by old skool i actually meant 50´s rock ´n roll, to make more it clear i just threw some examples in the OP. biggrin.gif

Oh I got ya mate smile.gif

No Elvis. Elvis was a piece of sh*t singer, he remade black people's music and made it safe for lame white people to listen to it. Little Richard is better.

No Elvis. Elvis was a piece of sh*t singer, he remade black people's music and made it safe for lame white people to listen to it. Little Richard is better.

Easy buddy. He obviously had a very large fanbase and deserves to be in the game.

Personally - I'd love to see the GOD's of Rock, THE WHO. Maybe some Pink Floyd, CCR, Rolling Stones, Three Dog Night, Beach Boys, etc. Actually, there is so much music from the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc. that it would be really difficult to screw it up. Would make for a great addition to the game.

I also loved the music in VC.

zeppelincheetah

my knowledge of early rock n roll is limited, i bet theres lots of gems out there i don't know about they could put in the game. I like this idea!

Los Santos means GANGSTAR RAP, G-funk, hyphy or many other types of rap. Los Santos is the home of west coast gansta rap, and IMO there should be atleast two radio stations covering that.

Los Santos means GANGSTAR RAP, G-funk, hyphy or many other types of rap. Los Santos is the home of west coast gansta rap, and IMO there should be atleast two radio stations covering that.

yes but this topic isn't about gangsta rap - that's a given, it WILL be there. Rock N Roll however is a lesser popular genre in games, and thus should be in

@zeppelincheetah, YES, especially to "you never can tell" and Johnny Cash. Folsom Prison Blues is a good choice but it's too common imo.

Scarface had 2 cash songs: Beans for breakfast and the genius "Cocaine Blues"

I'd suggest instead, 25 minutes, or I got stripes, two of my personal favourite Cash songs that might fit with GTA, both about prison. Cocain blues would fit perfectly though.

R* Love rock music, and they know how to choose a music that fit for the game

I love 50's Rock 'n Roll!! I hope GTA adds this station to the game!!

^ Too true, I wouldn't want that chimo in the game either.

Definitely wouldn't mind oldies, though.

The way they changed up GTA's radio artists with DLC is worth paying the money for those DLCs as well, and I hope they make the playtime extended, for BoGT it seems shorter then usual

Get DeatD in there!

More DEATH METAL on par with Sons of Liberty, er, I mean Lost and Damned!

The way they changed up GTA's radio artists with DLC is worth paying the money for those DLCs as well, and I hope they make the playtime extended, for BoGT it seems shorter then usual

Get DeatD in there!

More DEATH METAL on par with Sons of Liberty, er, I mean Lost and Damned!

That´s a cool song.

But i wasn´t talking about normal rock, more like rock ´n roll from the 50´s you know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll smile.gif

The most NOTE worthy rock and METAL artists, sure, but dig back a bit further then that, Vice City ^^

I grew up with an ear glued to radio, and I remember the Kill Disco movement, even Tom Petty jumped on board (his comments are in the Time Life ROCK history video collection)

I think something from every UNDER represented era deserves a shot. More Bob Seger I'm willing to bank on for this GTA

Old Time Rock and Roll, or

or

senor_huevos_benedicto

I think that this should come under the umbrella of an "oldies" station.

However, who knows how many radio stations there will be...

Classic Rock covers 70s onward, well, at least two decades. People still attach themselves to labels, I think it's helpful if you don't rely heavily on classifying the music types, often everyone in a band has more then one style of music that motivates their creative end

VH Juice since I'm in the mood

Edited by Slamman

• 8 months later...

I would like the idea of an old rock n roll radio station, the beach boys is a must if there will be a radio station like that.